Photo by Melody

Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace: I love them too!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Story of Queen Anne's LaceReplies: 1, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
davis1676
Disputanta, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2008
12:23 PM

Post #5398514

I've often wondered the history of this plant. Thanks for sharing all the great info. I never knew it was a wild carrot. I'll need to check it out in 'someone elses' field & dig it up to see. I don't disturb those around me. lol

I love, love, love this plant. It's romantic, feminine & simply beautiful! I was lucky enough to get a pink Queen Annes Lace at a church yard sale. Now I'm thinking about transplanting & collecting those I find for use in various places in the yard. I love the pictures you have, especially the pic of the one potted. Just beautiful! I'll use the links you provided to learn more. Thanks again Carrie.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 11, 2008
1:50 PM

Post #5398922

Oh, no problem, the pleasure was all mine! And those are only a few of the links I had, too. Some of them tell you the best chemicals to use against this horrible noxious weed.

It can be a bit tricky to transplant, especially since being a biennial, it's supposed to be completely dead after the second year. So transplant a baby, or do it early in the year.

That's cut QAL in a vase, not growing in a pot, of course - I'm not quite that skilled!

Thank you for writing!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Article jmorth 6 Aug 11, 2008 11:54 PM
Article DriftingDude 1 Aug 11, 2008 12:32 PM
How to use QAL in flower arrangements ScotDeerie 1 Aug 11, 2008 12:45 PM
Apiaceae = Umbelliferae LariAnn 10 Jul 30, 2009 4:33 PM
Queen Anne's Lace and Chiggers alpinmd 6 Aug 12, 2008 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America