Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Dog Days of Summer: Informative

Communities > Forums > Article: Dog Days of Summer
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dog Days of SummerReplies: 3, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2008
1:00 PM

Post #5398651

Another great article Sharon. I enjoyed it very much.
I always wondered what the 'dog days of summer' meant.
We are having a very unusual summer here..record rainfall and lower than normal temps.

Cheers,
Carol
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5399566

Hi Starzz,
Sure am glad your dog days are cooler there. And I am glad you liked the article. Enjoy your cooler weather enough for me, too!
Thanks for writing.
Sharon
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8743911

Hello Starzz, and hi Sharran! Starzz - send me some of that rain you have in abundance! Up here in Ottawa its been dry for going on 6 weeks! I can't keep up with the watering. And yes, hot and humid too . We had a SOGGY spring which meant a bumper crop of flying pests - deer fly by the dozen! I hate those things with a passion. Sharran you don't mention bugs in your stories - were the mountains quite clean of them?
Yeah, the heat is getting a bit much, best my brown (and white) cat better watch out! But he and his hairy sisiter still insist on hunting outside for hours! Hunting for seeds to adorn their coats too!
As much as I groan in the heat - I remind myself that the days are getting shorter already and that the days of summer are numbered! One tends to have forgotten about winter at this stage.
Thanks for a lovely story Sharran - gorgeous cats, you have! I've included a pic of my much adored cat George. Sabine

Thumbnail by binibusybee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2011
9:40 PM

Post #8775587

What a great cat, Sabine!! He has an attitude, I can tell.

Hot and humid here too, all summer long, after all the spring flooding.

I don't mention bugs very often because they don't seem to be attracted to me. It is buggy, though, because when my neighbor comes to visit she's swatting something every time. Not sure, but I must have the kind of skin that bugs just don't like to bite. I've rarely had a mosquito bite ever.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, I hope you get some coolish days.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dog Days of Summer Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My brown dogs are safe.... catmad 15 Aug 12, 2008 1:35 AM
I am not brown, but am I safe? vossner 1 Aug 10, 2008 4:25 PM
Dog days of summer tabby7 1 Aug 11, 2008 4:10 PM
I'm Glad This Was Posted Again DEMinPA 3 Aug 23, 2011 8:15 PM
I feel your pain! joeyramone 1 Aug 24, 2011 9:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America