Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap: I am trying this recipe tonight

Communities > Forums > Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap
bookmark
Forum: Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snapReplies: 1, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
carolmo
Olathe, KS
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #5403738

Recipe is just what I was looking for. I wrote it down for tonight. Have lots of green beans now and need ways to serve them. Love dumplings and potatoes. Might add a little onion and/or ripened peppers (since I have those too). My grandkids love new foods, especially those that are rib sticking good. Thanks. Carol
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2008
9:49 PM

Post #5405357

I hope it goes over well! My niece & nephew & I made this for lunch today. They each had their own pot so they could adjust the broth to their liking and make their own dumplings. We've tried additions (like onions & peppers) in the past but decided this is one of those recipes we like better if we keep it super simple. We munched our sweet peppers on the side. But you can see from its history that it's one of those recipes that evolves as it passes through different hands, so experiment away -- and report back!

:-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
good article phicks 2 Aug 12, 2008 9:46 PM
YA TAUGHT ME AGAIN docgipe 3 Aug 22, 2008 12:48 PM
Pole Beans & interesting varieties tesaje 1 Aug 21, 2008 8:05 PM
Green bean soup meezersfive 1 Jul 12, 2014 7:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America