Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts: Cricut for someone moving out of the stoneage. :)

Communities > Forums > Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts
bookmark
Forum: Scrapbooking and Paper CraftsReplies: 59, Views: 315
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #5404519

Does anyone have one of these machines? I'm seeing much better prices on Ebay vs. the craft store Michaels. A friend's trying to give me advice on getting one but heck I have no idea how they work etc etc I just know----it would be VERY nice not to have to buy sticker letters or die cuts all the time or worse----have to hand cut them myself. :( Told you I was archaic.

So---any help, suggestions?

Here was my friends:

[quote]NO stores accept coupons for the machines or cartridges. I suspect the price will go down because a new machine has just been released, I will explain that in a minute. I got mine in Utah at a Provo Craft store right before Christmas for $120, but you just can't find that here. (And that is with George- all brand new machines come with a new cartridge, blade, and cutting mat so don't be fooled by anyone trying to sell that as an extra bonus. Also, all cartridges work for all machines.)

The first choice you have is machine. There are three:
1. "Baby Bug" - the first released, cutting mats are 6x12 inches, comes with George. Basic Machine, highly transportable
2. Expression - second released, cutting mats are 12x12 and 12x24, comes with two cartridges. It also has great features the smaller bug doesn't have - you can cut smaller and larger sizes (.25 - 11.5 in as opposed to 1 - 5.5 in w/ the baby bug), you can print landscape or portrait, and some other things. I honestly wish I had these, but it is less transportable if that is an issue and it is more expensive. The best deal I've seen was online. It was about $350 for the machine, four cartridges, and markers. But you can probably find a cheaper price w/ less extras included on ebay.
3. Create - just released, only available at Michaels until later this year. Basically it is the Baby and Expression melded together. So it is the small size but has the extra features of the Expression. It comes with it's own cartridge as well. Sounds great, but Michaels is too expensive. I think I heard it is $300? So I'd say go with the Expression if you want the features.

Second choice is new or used. Many gals on my chat boards buy the expression then sell their baby. You can get a used machine for $100, but many hold on to the George cartridge. Even if you want to use the SCAL software you need to have one cartridge to make the thing work. I have George (and Celebrations and Paper Dolls) so you could borrow them if you ever wanted to use them and spend your money on a different cartridge you may want. The best price you will ever find for new or used cartidges is around $35 w/o shipping. And just so you know, "Solutions" cartridges are that price regularly but they have half as many items to cut. They are fairly new so you don't see them on sale often. [/quote]
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #5404522

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360076844694&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

What model is this one? Is this a good deal you think????
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2008
1:48 PM

Post #5408037

Where's all my scrapping pros?

Seems I've narrowed down that I'd only need the Cricut Baby (the original) and the retail price in town is about 200 but you can buy new online at Ebay for about 120-140 including shipping.

ggd
North Saanich
Canada

August 13, 2008
3:20 PM

Post #5408492

Sorry, can't help you tir. I have never used one of these machines. I know other people that have them, but I just can't justify the expense. I love doing handwork so one of these machines is not on my list of wants!

ggd
dpoitras
Upstate, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 13, 2008
3:33 PM

Post #5408574

I have the personal die cut machine from xyron. I love it!!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 15, 2008
8:38 AM

Post #5416819

ggd, i love doing the handiwork as well but with 2 tots under toe i've more money than time these days. i am feeling so bad as it is. i've only just now after scrapping like a mad woman widdled down my pile of pictures. i am ONE YEAR behind on the kids photos already. but since january have scrapped 5 12x12 albums. i'd guess for that remaining year i'm behind i have about 5 more albums to go.

it's true---you take way to many pics of the firstborns. :) but once you have them how can you part with them?!
dpoitras
Upstate, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 15, 2008
10:23 AM

Post #5416896

Can I make you feel better by telling you that I am almost 2 years behind. September will be 2 years!! All those stupid magazines!! The layouts are so beautiful that I feel inadequate. Like my layouts are chintzy. I need to get motivated, time is slipping away. My layouts are fine, or so I tell myself. When my grandchildren are old enough to appreciate them I doubt they will say "wow these are kind of second rate to what was in my grandmother's magazines". I'm sure they are going to love them. I just need to get my butt in gear.
NisiNJ
Bordentown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5444851

The advantage to the Cricut vs. the other (hand cranked) models is that you can adjust the size of the cutouts. I have the Cuttlebug, a hand cranked machine also by Provo Craft, and just love it. It will take most of the dies from other companies such as Sizzix, etc. so it's versatile. But...

...you can't adjust the size of the cutouts.
dpoitras
Upstate, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2008
9:36 AM

Post #5445575

If I had the money I would have a Cricut by now. I would say buy it!! Let us know how you like it!! Feeling a little jealous here
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2008
3:33 PM

Post #5446833

Well I've bid on Ebay on like 15 new Cricut baby machines. And am always outbid. Once by just 2 bucks! Shoot.

Seems although I have in mind a budget of $120 including the $20 shipping they are still bidding for $140 for the unit +++ the $20 in shipping.

I COULD afford it though it's a splurge of course but then I don't have much time to scrap so I'm wondering if I should spend the money now.

Another question, to crop pics and paper with a straight edge I have used a cutting mat and an exacto knife for 8 years now. Do those straight edge cutters ACTUALLY save time?
dpoitras
Upstate, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2008
9:55 PM

Post #5448545

If you are talking about something like the fiskar's rotary cutter, I couldn't live without mine!! I love it. It must take forever with a exacto knife and mat. With these new gagets your going to have more time to scrap! I'm going to have to check out the baby machine I don't think I have heard of that one.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2008
10:49 PM

Post #5448774

It's just called the "baby bug" by users I was told, but is the original cricut machine.

Hmmm will have to look into one of those trimmers then.

Can you believe hobby lobby told me they don't have light boxes. Ugh. Have to check somewhere else again.
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #5487875

Hello girls...

I bought my cricut by saving the change at the bottom of my purse...
It really,really adds up quick. I have the expression it's come down in
price alot.
www.downriverclearance.com

Try this site they look really cheap here I found it from craigslist
unfortunately I didn't get this kind of deal ;o(

Happy scrapping,

Delane
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2008
8:42 PM

Post #5487900

Cricuts can really add up because of the expensive cartridges you have to buy if you want to have different fonts. If you hook up with fellow Cricut owners in your area, you can swap cartridges with each other, though.

If I decide to get a diecutting machine, I am torn between a Cricut, the Xyron Wishblade* and the Craft Robo II.

The Cricut is nice because you don't have to have it hooked up to a computer. The downside is you're limited to whatever cartridges you own. A Wishblade is nice because you can cut out ANY truetype font. The downside is, you have to have it hooked up to a computer. If you mainly scrap at home, the Wishblade might be better for you because portability isn't an issue. http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Products/Xyron_Wishblade.html

The Craft Robo II is a cutter *and* printer. It also has an electric eye and will trace around a line drawing and cut it out. How cool is that?? http://www.craftrobostore.com/index.html

There are also Pazzles. They discontinued their mini version, though, so they are quite expensive -- they start at over $3000 new. Yeah. You'd have to be a serious hobbyist or sell your work if you were in the market for one of those. Our local scrapbook store has one, and they will do custom diecutting for customers. http://www.pazzles.com/

* Xyron discontinued the Personal Media Cutter - it is replaced by the Wishblade.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2008 4:58 PM
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2008
8:56 PM

Post #5487950

I don't carry cash of any kind so hunting up change won't work for us. Thing is I have the cash I could buy one but I'm trying to be more careful with building my savings. I've been trying to bid on Ebay but they still end up selling for 150 with shipping.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2008
9:04 PM

Post #5487984

If you're looking toward the future, add up the cost of all those cartridges. That's what has me looking at alternatives. I just can't stomach the cost of those cartridges when there are hundreds of thousands of fonts available for free online, you know?
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2008
9:06 PM

Post #5487994

Yeah I hear ya on that. Mostly I'd use it for lettering though. And I have a friend who can share cartridges.

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if libraries stocked software you could borrow or cartirdges for scrapping, not much different from DVD's. :)
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2008
12:58 AM

Post #5488792

Tir_Na_Nog

I have never done well with e-bay...I think you either have to sit on e-bay all day (which I have no time for) or I just don't have the knack for it...It did take me 4 months to save up with the change...did you say you went on craigslist? I was surprised when I checked it out today in my area...they did have 4 or more of them for sale. yes that would be an awesome idea if we could check them out at the library...I definately can relate to what gardenwife is saying with the expense of the cartridges...I can use them when going to crop at the scrapbook store which is really nice. I just need to meet more people to be able to share cartridges with. But I do love my cricut, it was worth every penny I spent on it. I make cards as well and it's wonderful for that too. I hope you can get your cricut ;o)

gardenwife,

You've done your homework...I knew about the pazzle only because they have it at the little scrap box where I go. The other two I've never seen before and yes they are costly.
These hobbies we get into are getting more expensive these days...I also love the cuttlebug which I do plan on getting when the money allows...Also the cricut has that new software package which I have to really find out more about it...I need to check it out at the little scrap box ( try it before you buy it) type thing, so hopefully you will find a machine that will work for you soon.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend...
I'm still yardening away with so much to do.

Delane

Thumbnail by detheo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2008
1:22 AM

Post #5488879

The Cricut software is neat. You have to have all the cartridges you combine when you make designs, but there's a lot you can do with it if you do. People all over share their cut files (the designs they've come up with) online. One of my friends brought her laptop one week and let people use the Cricut Design Studio and her Cricut.

It's only a matter of time before people come up with a way to hack a Cricut and make use of that USB connector on it for something other than using Design Studio. ;) At THAT point, I might think about one. LOL
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 31, 2008
2:30 AM

Post #5489126

You could start a cricut group, maybe everyone pitches in dues, enough per person to buy one cartridge, then they are rotated 1 per person amongst the group for a week---two weeks---etc???

I wouldn't know about it since I don't have a machine yet. But soon!

At this point I'm just trying to find time to scrap a page a day with a toddler and a newborn!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 31, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #5490546

detheo, am I wrong or is your link for the baby cricut NOT the expressions? $200 new for it isn't that great, they sell new from Ebay for $150.
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2008
1:36 AM

Post #5492351

I'm not sure which it's for...I don't do e-bay so i wouldn't know what they sell for there.
So they have a buy it now on e-bay for $150.00 for the expression or for the smaller one?
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 1, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5492489

I asked my friend who uses Cricut, she said your link is for the baby one so $200 wouldn't be a great price on that.

On Ebay, no, no buy-it-nows, but I've been outbid on the small one for $130 + 20 shipping on up to $150 plus 20 shipping.

Word is the Friday after Thanksgiving Walmart will be selling the baby one for $120 plus tax! 'Course you won't find me battling the crowds for any price---but it will be on sale there according to insiders on scrapbooking forums my friend tells me.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2008
5:20 AM

Post #5493080

My friend bought her smaller Cricut on Black Friday for $119 last year.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 1, 2008
1:47 PM

Post #5493633

AH! So it is common then!
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2008
2:52 PM

Post #5493867

Tir_Na_Nog
have you tried www.craigslist.com for your area?
you can type in cricut in the search box and see if any come up
that are for sale...they may be gently used but are more affordable as well.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2008
3:31 PM

Post #5494021

Around here, people have asked too much for their used Cricuts. Check this one out. She started out asking $200 for hers, and it doesn't even have a cartridge! Then she went down to $180. LOL http://columbus.craigslist.org/art/799243872.html
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 1, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5494868

LOL gardenwife!

Yes, I use Craig's often but they are rarely available here in Houston and are usually wanting 100 with no cartridges.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #5745001

I have the Baby Bug Cricut and absolutely love it! if you watch for it, you can get the Cricut on sale at Walmart and it comes with the George cartridge. I believe I spent 120 there for mine almost a year ago. I've since added the Jasmine cartridge and between those two cartridges, I have a blast. I'm only a novice with it, but my best friend has had hers longer and it's amazing the things she does with it. (She even uses it for work to decorate our bulletin board!)
I use mine in one way or another on almost every page that I create :)

I do wish that I could do something larger than the 6x12 but it's been great for what I do and I'm not willing to pay what they want for the Expression :)
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2008
2:43 AM

Post #5745854

Yes, word on the street is that day after Thanksgiving sale will have them at 120 at Walmart.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #5747494

I ordered the Cricut Expressions from our local LSS and it should be ready for me to pick up today. I could have gotten it cheaper, but I love our local independent store and they're good people; I'd rather buy less "stuff" and give them my business when I do buy. Those folks have been so good to us customers and their families depend on their store staying open, just like we depend on our jobs being there for us.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2008
5:05 PM

Post #5747553

It shouldn't have to much more markup than they sell from the manufacturer for though.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2008
5:58 PM

Post #5747711

I expect to pay more when I go to this store, but it's important to me to support them. I don't buy everything from them, but I try to do the majority of my business with local businesses.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2008
6:53 PM

Post #5747883

I've noticed most scrapbooking stores are to pricey but I did find one in a town I lived in years back they always had great deals on clearance items each month!

These days I get my supplies from Hobby Lobby on their 50% sales.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5748080

If we didn't have a LSS, I'd be hitting Hobby Lobby and Michael's, too.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2008
8:32 AM

Post #5765559

It finally got there today! I'm not sure what the delay was, but I am sure glad to have it. :) Until I read the manual and messed around with it, I didn't realize how much more the Expressions does other than the obvious 12x24" capability. It has some neat advanced features on it. I'm still learning about it all.

Here's my nerdy initial assessment: http://www.gardenwife.com/first-cut-with-new-my-cricut-expressions
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2008
1:28 PM

Post #5765796

WOW! You are so advanced! Learning how to use that machine so quick, taking pics with your cell! And your cell takes GREAT pics. I've seen some real grainy fuzzy pics off cellphones. You have a nice phone!
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2008
1:29 PM

Post #5765799

I found that I have the pressure on high and
the speed fast and I think the blade is set on 4.
You will love your expression! Sooo much you can do with it.
What I found with the paper if you are cutting small things for cards, or cropping just cut the paper down smaller...cuts down on paper waste as you will soon find out. I did by a smaller mat for the smaller machine and I had to cut off one end cause it's a little bigger than 12 inches...this also helps with paper waste...I use the bigger mat for larger projects or something that I have to cut repeatedly like for cards or name tags ect ect.

Have Fun!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2008
7:37 PM

Post #5767096

Tir, I am a geek! All I need is the tape on my glasses. ;) I read the manual while we waited for dinner at the Thai restaurant. LOL By the time I got home, I had a basic idea of how some of the functions worked.

Thanks Detheo. I love the way you can move the blade to a spot on the mat, telling the machine how big your paper is. That lets me squeeze a few things on a corner of a 12x12" page I've already cut, but haven't yet pulled up. I just cut some extra shapes that I know I'll use later. It also makes it possible to put any size square-edged scrap on the mat and know I will stay within its boundaries when I cut.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2008
7:44 PM

Post #5767120

I WISH I had time to be a geek! Ah well, someday!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5767366

You're a busy mom -- we have no kids!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 9, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #5768445

Yes but I have so much to scrap because of it lol!
sjweld
Reedsburg, WI
(Zone 4b)

November 10, 2008
5:03 AM

Post #5772737

And if you scroll down to the bottom of this thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/793361/ You will see the Christmas cards we made this weekend and we used the Cricut for many of the designs. My mom and I both have the cricut that uses the 6" X 12" cutting mat. I have the design Studio program as well. I love being able to customize the designs so much more.

Also, in the posts that I read above, I noticed most of you talking about the Cricut and fonts. Maybe had I read each post in it's entirety I would see that you realize this but I didn't so I'll say it anyway just to be sure. Just wanted to be sure you knew you can do SO much more than fonts with a Cricut. I just love mine!! (Yeah, the cartridges do add up but I don't smoke and rarely drink at all so I figure my crafts are my addiction) ;)
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 10, 2008
7:33 AM

Post #5772975

Ooh, pretty cards! You've come up with some great color combinations and I love the layouts. I just bought some neat metallic green and gold cardstock along with a rich red cardstock with a ribbed texture -- cards are one of the first things I want to make!

Oh, yes, the shapes on the cartridges are neat, too! I see some of the files people have made using Design Studio and save the ones that use the cartridges I own since the DS trial will allow me to cut anything made with the Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essentials since they came with the Expressions.

For the rest, I can't wait until I can buy Sure Cuts A Lot so I can cut anything. http://craftedge.com I'm drooling over that, especially after reading on the forums there and seeing what people have been able to do. I've got the trial version and have already started messing around with some font editing software so I can make my own alphabets and dingbats. :D

Oh, I've gotta share -- y'all will appreciate this! LOL
http://www.gardenwife.com/jiminy-cricut
sjweld
Reedsburg, WI
(Zone 4b)

November 10, 2008
12:45 PM

Post #5773258

Gardenwife, thanks for the links. Your site looks cool!! :)

We really had fun making all the cards this weekend. It is the second year we have done that and plan to make it 3 days next year to include addressing envelopes so that at the end of the extended weekend our cards will be ready to go in the mail.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 10, 2008
5:20 PM

Post #5774170

Howie and I used to make dough ornaments together, but we haven't done that in years. He said he'd make cards with me. :) I can't wait! We put on Christmas music and just enjoy each others' company while we play.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 26, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #5833720

SALE NEWS

JoAnns is having the Baby Cricut on Black Friday for $99. Michaels is having the Create (small machine with the big machine features) for $150, but I can't remember if that is Thurs night or Black Friday. And Walmart has the expression for $200 on Black Friday.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 26, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5833746

Checked Joann's website hoping to spy the sweet deal but am not seeing a $99 price? Anyone get a newspaper? How do I confirm these sales????

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp;jsessionid=MABZFMNI3TLSSP4SY5LVAFR50LD3UUPU?CATID=cat3262
NisiNJ
Bordentown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2008
11:59 PM

Post #5834201

It seems that JoAnns is showing only the deals through Wednesday--just like most other stores. To confirm Friday's deals maybe you have to be first in line...tomorrow at 7-11 to buy the Thursday newspaper.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 27, 2008
8:42 AM

Post #5835136

Didn't see the cricut in the joanns ad. Check out this review of it dated 9-18-08, lady says she bought hers at joanns for 49 BUCKS because they are clearancing out on cricut, not going to carry it?????

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2005&PRODID=prd21625&utm_source=Joann&utm_medium=ShopLocal&utm_campaign=20081117CC&rId=20081117CC

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2008
7:06 PM

Post #5836299

They probably have a new version coming out. Good old planned obsolescence. Keeps us all leaning forward on the edges of our seats and buying the latest and greatest. LOL
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 28, 2008
2:48 AM

Post #5837119

I thought a new version (the most expensive one) was already released this year?
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 28, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #5837228

It's hard to say what's in the pipes. I don't see anything more recent than that lone comment. It could have been a misinformed employee or one who just made an assumption.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 28, 2008
2:07 PM

Post #5837781

True. Wish I got her price on a Cricut! Shoot $49!
sjweld
Reedsburg, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 16, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #6697472

I think next they need to make one that you can connect to your computer/scanner and you can scan a photograph and it will cut out a simplified version of the photo for you. It would have to separate out colors and put all the blue spots in one layout, green in another etc. Wouldn't that be awesome?
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #6697886

That's a tall order, but eventually I bet we'll see just such a machine. It'll probably cut with laser instead of blades, unless the manufacturers want to keep us buying consumables (and of course they do!). The images would have to be in simple, solid colors with no dithering like in photos. I'd love a machine like that.
crazeemama
Bristol
United Kingdom

July 22, 2009
6:16 AM

Post #6849762

I am in the Uk and got my expression in Aug '07 when the dollar wasn't too good and with the exchange rate i paid 160, which worked out over $300 at the time and i always by carts from the states thru ebay! its so much cheaper than going to a real shop!

Tau10
Federal Way, WA

October 30, 2009
6:03 PM

Post #7224110

Have you all tried Amazon.com? I've put Cricut on my x-mas wish list. $150 for the personal, and $292 for the expression, new' although they have some used ones, but it's only a few bucks less.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cricut&sprefix=Cricut

Question;s for those that own one, whether it be the personal or Expression. I make 8x8 books for the most part, so what does the Expression do that the personal doesn't? I don't think my partner has bought or ordered on yet so I think I have some time. Some of the machines come with cartridges, now I mostly do x-mas, animals, camping and I've got a few trips to do, which cartridges are the best?

Thanks!
sjweld
Reedsburg, WI
(Zone 4b)

October 31, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #7225430

As for which cartridges are best: I'm not sure but you can view all of them, and what they do, on the cricut website.

The personal will only cut a 6" wide paper (6" X 12") The Expression will cut 12" X 12". If you are looking to put the 8" X 8" paper on the cutting sheet, you will want the Expression. If you just want to cut smaller embellishments to put on your pages, the personal will do.

I have the personal and there are times I wish I would have gotten the Expression.
Tau10
Federal Way, WA

November 2, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #7233306

Good to know, thanks for your help on both threads sj!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Digital Scrapbooking 4xthefun 28 Nov 20, 2012 2:29 PM
How to...handmade cards? jh_gardens 37 Aug 22, 2009 12:50 AM
Anyone know how to make seed embedded paper, fancy and cute? branka 10 Apr 20, 2008 9:14 PM
Links for card designs?? ggd 9 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 PM
Card Making ggd 28 Apr 17, 2010 7:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America