Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap: good article

Communities > Forums > Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap
bookmark
Forum: Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snapReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
phicks
Lakeland, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2008
7:17 PM

Post #5404866

ill be puting my fall beans in in a week or so
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

August 12, 2008
7:50 PM

Post #5404981

I haven't tried all that many varieties of beans, but my favorite for taste so far has been Vermont cranberry beans. I use them as green beans, not shell beans. I have Kentucky Wonder pole beans this year and they are more productive than the Vermont but not quite as tasty, IMO.

I think that all-in-all, DH prefers store-bought canned beans. Can you imagine!?! That's what he was brought up with.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 12:52 PM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5405346

I've eyed the cranberry beans because the seeds are just so pretty... I'll have to try them! I've grown (and liked) the Black Valentine beans as green snap beans; they have a nice "beany" flavor.

Try the soup on your DH... it's definitely not something you can do with canned beans... you might convert him.

Paul, you're just trying to incite zone envy! ;-) I hope your fall crop does well!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I am trying this recipe tonight carolmo 1 Aug 12, 2008 9:49 PM
YA TAUGHT ME AGAIN docgipe 3 Aug 22, 2008 12:48 PM
Pole Beans & interesting varieties tesaje 1 Aug 21, 2008 8:05 PM
Green bean soup meezersfive 1 Jul 12, 2014 7:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America