Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Hibiscus Native, Hardy, and Tropical: Cajun hibiscus

Communities > Forums > Article: Hibiscus Native, Hardy, and Tropical
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hibiscus Native, Hardy, and TropicalReplies: 3, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Darmananda
New Iberia, LA

August 12, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #5405742

There's a yellow Cajun spectacular hibiscus that I have here and it should be on some of you gardeners' list. It is a monster-double silky bloom that takes your breath away. And my plant is only a foot tall. Where should I post the picture so people can see? I can't post it on DG's plant profile page because this particular one isn't even listed. I don't even know what its Latin name is, if there is one.

One picture is attached to this message so people know what I am talking about!

Credit to my friend who is a better photographer who took this picture. The camera is mine! :)

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 5:26 PM

Thumbnail by Darmananda
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
2:05 PM

Post #5408124

That is stunning!! I love the new ones comes out.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2008
8:54 PM

Post #5475396

That is so pretty, I have one that looks like that, but it is a beautiful orange. I don't know tha name of it either. I bought it at Wal-Mart earlier this year, with no tag!
Linda Kay

Thumbnail by taters55
Click the image for an enlarged view.

casscou
Oakwood, IL

October 13, 2009
1:37 PM

Post #7164370

I live in central illinois. Wehave plantd several tropical hibiscus. My question is do they need any special care in the winter months

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hibiscus Native, Hardy, and Tropical Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation Debsroots 7 Jul 18, 2013 6:17 PM
Beautiful article Aunt_A 8 Aug 8, 2008 3:01 PM
hibiscus no flowers outdoors? purplemomma 0 Oct 26, 2009 11:18 AM
Hibiscus called Fiery furnace mousegarden 0 Apr 29, 2014 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America