Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Central Midwest Gardening: Anyone here from South Central Missouri?

Communities > Forums > Central Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Central Midwest GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 69
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 15, 2008
4:45 PM

Post #5418344

Hey All,
I've been looking at some property in Howell and Texas counties and wondered if perhaps some of y'all could tell me a bit about the area.
I have been to the area and know that the people are friendly, it's beautiful and so green, things that are important to me.

Like, how extreme is the weather in the winter and spring? Do the towns of Willow Springs, West Plains, Rolla and Licking have all your basic needs or do you have to drive further. How are the hospitals/doctors in the area?

I know I can look up most of this online but would prefer to hear things from people that live in the area. I find it is usually more reliable information when it comes from someone living life, rather than someone just compiling statistics.

Thanks for any input.
Jackie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2008
2:00 AM

Post #5424701

Sending you a d-mail with some names and emails.
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 17, 2008
4:53 AM

Post #5425299

Got it and replied...Thanks Pepper! :-)
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 20, 2008
3:28 AM

Post #5439780

Thank you to everyone that D-mailed :-)

I did it...the contract will be final by monday, which means I own my own little bit of southern MO woods.

Now, I have to figure out just which plants I can dig from my place here and take up there. Forget the furniture... gotta have my plants!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 12 Jun 21, 2014 10:28 PM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America