Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore: Another winner

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenrod Legends and LoreReplies: 9, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

August 19, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5436472

Sharon, another great story. I purchased solidago last year at Plant Delights Nursery in Apex and have it in my Asheville garden. I think it's lovely in fall with the blue asters.

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #5436508

Thanks, Angie...again nice to hear from you. And I am glad you enjoy it with the blue asters. I have always thought they belong together, just like my Ninna told me.
sharon

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #5436671

Thanks Shar, I have a new respect now for golden rods. They grow wild here too and have always love their sunny disposition
Didn't know the ragweeds are the culprits.. thanks again Shar... great article!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2008
6:15 PM

Post #5436863

Thank you, Jaye. Glad you enjoyed.
I especially like the legend of the two little girls.
Sharon

irisMA

irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

August 19, 2008
8:50 PM

Post #5437689

We have several varieties of GR growing on our property (don't ask me which). The only person I know of allergic to it was the Dad of one of our daughter's friends. He would get a rash on his arms from it, true about not having pollen spread by wind.

irisMA

irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

August 19, 2008

Post #5437694

We have several varieties of GR growing on our property (don't ask me which). The only person I know of allergic to it was the Dad of one of our daughter's friends. He would get a rash on his arms from it, true about not having pollen spread by wind.

irisMA

irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

August 19, 2008

Post #5437695

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5437942

Iris, yes...a lot of people get rashes from the leaves or stems of plants, always unique to the individual.

It is a lovely plant, one I always enjoy seeing in late fall.

Thank you for writing.
Sharon
Soulja
Louisville, KY

August 20, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #5439295

great one Shar. I'll just leave it to you (and Aunt Bett & Ninna) from now on to make my wish list for me, then tell me why I want that plant and what I can do with it. I swear each time I'm out at the nursery I see the plant you just wrote about. Do you plan this?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2008
1:56 AM

Post #5439325

^_^
thanks, soulja!
Maybe it's just a seasonal coincidence.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Learn something new every day! edelseu 4 Aug 20, 2008 4:13 AM
Love Goldenrod Aunt_A 1 Aug 21, 2008 2:12 PM
Goldenrod theherbalkitty 1 Aug 25, 2008 3:15 PM
Legend of the Goldenrod rlcraft 5 Aug 30, 2008 11:20 PM
Goldenrod gardengirl86 0 Nov 19, 2012 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America