Photo by Melody

Article: Got Milkweed? Attracting Monarch Butterflies to Your Garden: Great

Communities > Forums > Article: Got Milkweed? Attracting Monarch Butterflies to Your Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Got Milkweed? Attracting Monarch Butterflies to Your GardenReplies: 3, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
phicks
Lakeland, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2008
10:17 PM

Post #5438159

Great Article Great Pictures i love butterflys Paul

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5438275

thanks
dirt_digger
Longwood, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 15, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #6820649

I wish I had access to your article when I first started my butterfly garden! Absolutely beautiful pictures of all the Monarch life stages.

I am finding that lots of my caterpillars are being eaten by wasps with a lot of yellow on them. The wasps seem to be on a regular patrol. I am still seeing Monarchs and other butterflies flying about, but I wonder about the balance.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
2:34 AM

Post #6820794

dirt_digger, you might want to try to bring in caterpillars and raise them when you first see them, if you want to see more survive.

I had TERRIBLE luck last year raising Monarchs because they were later instars. I was a newbie and didn't know about the parasites and predators. Today I went out to check my milkweed and found 8 eggs! I brought them all in to my cage so they will be safe. Still looking for the black swallowtails too! Had lots of those on the dill last year.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Got Milkweed? Attracting Monarch Butterflies to Your Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! kniphofia 5 Aug 19, 2008 11:54 PM
wonderful information cathy4 3 Aug 19, 2008 9:34 PM
Great Article Marna (Mrs. Ed)! Marilynbeth 2 Aug 19, 2008 7:42 PM
Thanks! Zone7_NJ 1 Aug 25, 2008 1:13 PM
What a great article! Bookerc1 3 Jul 15, 2009 2:06 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America