Countertop Overlay

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Im about to overlay my bathroom counter with a veneer of concrete. Any suggestions/photos? :-O

Phoenix, AZ

Absolutely none!
But I'm curious, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Are you going to mosaic it? Or just plain concrete?

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Im not sure lol. I was thinking about carving/stamping various things into the surface and as for the paint job, something subtle and aged. My bathroom is going to be "old map" inspired so want it to flow with that. I gotta figure it all out and get it as done as possible before hubby gets home. Ill wait til he is off on a long fishing/hunting trip, LMBO!
I wanna even do the sink with concrete- make it all "one piece". We shall see. This is something Ive wanted to do for years but never got to. Finally got my own place and wanna make it as nice as possible.
Ill make sure to post a "how`do`it" thread when I start. Mosaic would be pretty though.... NO, BAD JOCIE!
..Ill do that to something else....maybe a patio table.. but first I have to make a patio...with stamped concrete flooring..and pillars....and a grotto.. maybe I need to kick hubby out for 2 weeks then make up with him after my works done LOL!!!

Phoenix, AZ

I always do all my best work when the DH is away ;)

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hehehee

North Saanich, Canada

I'm also curious and will look forward to seeing pictures and details!!

Glenda

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

http://www.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/countertops_2/ ill try and find somehting similar to what I see in my crazy head LOL!!!!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

K imma do my kitchen table first. that way hillis sees how gorgeous this treatment is then maybe he wont yell at me, LMBO!!!

Phoenix, AZ

LOL! I guess you've been looking at a few pics!
They look fantastic! Good luck ☺

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

:-D hehe thanks, Ill need it!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I will either stamp/carve or paint this on the counter. ^_^

Thumbnail by crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Im dying to get some extra cash and alone time to do this project!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Looks like a major project. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished work!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

WIll make sure to post pics as I go along!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, please post pictures, some of the most beuatiful countertops I have ever seen were concrete. I actually just replaced my formica with formica a few years ago and skipped the granite because what I really want is concrete. The cabinet people were not happy, but if I paid for granite, it would be there a LONG time. I want something more indestructable.

mulege, Mexico

At www.EdwardRHamilton.com they have several books on building concrete countertops at deeply discounted prices. I have the one by Cheng and it has lots of good ideas and information.

katiebear

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

We HAVE that book! Its great!
Sher

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Headed right there. Thanks

Deer Park, IL(Zone 5b)

Crims-Did you draw that picture of the butterfly koi? V. Nice. I wish I could draw but am hopeless. Do you have more of the koi to post here?

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

*bump*

Dahlonega, GA

Where did everyone go ? Left me hanging .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images