Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips: Nice Article

Communities > Forums > Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing TipsReplies: 3, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
phicks
Lakeland, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 20, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5443534

Good one Paul
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 20, 2008
11:22 PM

Post #5443587

Great article, Diana!

My last issue of Penzey's "One" magazine had a recipe for a shrimp and watermelon salad... The shrimp was cooked with "crab boil" spices. A can of mandarin oranges and a jar of mushrooms also went into the salad. The dressing was simple -- as I recall, 2 Tablespoons each of red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced onion, and minced bell pepper, tossed with the ingredients just before serving.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5444621

Thanks Critter!

I'll have to see if I can find that recipe, it sounds like a nice one for the summer...I love Penzey's. I order from them from time-to-time.

When I was in culinary school I did a report on spices and handed out their catalogs to the students :)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 21, 2008
2:53 AM

Post #5444827

Do you subscribe to the new magazine from Penzey's? I've been enjoying it enough to wish it were monthly rather than bimonthly! I think it was a couple cups each of the cooked, deveined shrimp and watermelon balls... I'll try to remember to grab the magazine and check the recipe for full details, but I'm guessing you could wing it.

I love their spices!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank You! nanny_56 9 Aug 21, 2008 11:39 AM
Great Job! Aunt_A 3 Aug 22, 2008 4:25 AM
Watermelon Shrimp Salad critterologist 0 Aug 21, 2008 4:06 AM
Our family's 4th of July Feast Marigold42 1 Aug 27, 2008 12:22 AM
I always wondered... darius 5 Jun 15, 2009 11:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America