Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips: Great Job!

Communities > Forums > Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing TipsReplies: 3, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

August 21, 2008
12:37 AM

Post #5444036

Once again,

Just a note to say again that I enjoyed your article! Lots of great info in a nice format.

Mine is finally through all stages. Whew. :-)

Thanks again.

April
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #5444138

Great article, love the way it looks.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
11:33 AM

Post #5445715

Thank you both!

For those of you reading this, Aunt_A is April Campbell; April is a Dave's Garden writer too. She has an article: "Watermelon Rind Pickles and Rind Mini Recipes", coming out Friday, August 29th, which may be of interest.

I'm looking forward to it myself. Because I learned in my watermelon research that the beneficial amino acid Citrulline, which is known to take part as an intermediary in our urea cycle, has other important roles in our bodies metabolism.

Citrulline is being studied now in the field of clinical nutrition. Citrulline is found in the greatest amount in the watermelon rind.
Aunt_A

August 22, 2008
4:25 AM

Post #5450539

Thanks so much. That is really sweet (as sweet as Watermelon Rind Pickles).

:-)

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watermelon, Citrullus lanatus ~ Nutrition & Growing Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank You! nanny_56 9 Aug 21, 2008 11:39 AM
Nice Article phicks 3 Aug 21, 2008 2:53 AM
Watermelon Shrimp Salad critterologist 0 Aug 21, 2008 4:06 AM
Our family's 4th of July Feast Marigold42 1 Aug 27, 2008 12:22 AM
I always wondered... darius 5 Jun 15, 2009 11:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America