Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore: Love Goldenrod

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenrod Legends and LoreReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

August 21, 2008
5:17 AM

Post #5445400

Great article. I grew up with Goldenrod in Upstate NY. It was just always part of my life; we considered it a weed but I loved it.

I loved to run the blossoms through my fingers and I loved how happy it was growing without special attention. I loved to smear the blossoms on things, too.

Somehow, I don't think it likes Oklahoma as much. And for that reason, neither do I. Okay, I don't really mean that but I like how it sounded in my head. LOL. I've seen Goldenrod for sale in the Box stores and that was funny to me. A weed for sale.

Thanks again for your article; you know a lot of information!

April

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
2:12 PM

Post #5446426

That happens when you live long enough and never remember to delete!! Sorta like too much memory!.

Thanks for writing, April...as always, made me smile.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another winner Hemophobic 9 Aug 20, 2008 1:56 AM
Learn something new every day! edelseu 4 Aug 20, 2008 4:13 AM
Goldenrod theherbalkitty 1 Aug 25, 2008 3:15 PM
Legend of the Goldenrod rlcraft 5 Aug 30, 2008 11:20 PM
Goldenrod gardengirl86 0 Nov 19, 2012 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America