Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Soil and Composting: after the flood-going back to save plants

Communities > Forums > Soil and Composting
bookmark
Forum: Soil and CompostingReplies: 2, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
want2bee
cedar rapids, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2008
5:21 AM

Post #5445403

First of all, Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts during this time...it has been very HARD!
I am starting to go back and pick thru the yard and my flower beds to see what I can salvage! Some days I go out and just walk around with my shovel and cry and wonder why, and then something comes over me and I think I'm NOT going to let this get the best of me! I will not just walk away and leave my plants. If I dig them up and they don't make it, then thats fine at least I tried!
I just can't believe that the water and the current was so strong.

But, some of my GREAT DG Friends have helped me start my new beds with plants!
Thanks again, Cindy

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2008
1:50 PM

Post #5446330

Plants sometimes seem to be amazing in their ability to come back. I sure hope you and all your fellow flodded gardeners have some nice surprises in the weeks to come, and even next spring.
Laurie1
Burwash Weald
United Kingdom
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2008
6:59 PM

Post #5447950

I find gardeners even more amazing in their ability to come back - plants don't have to think about it, they just either do or don't. Gardener's are thinking, all the time - want2Bee, you are amazing. I can't imagine how hard it is going back to witness the destruction, and then going and starting anew, I can only imagine how lost I would feel. Best of luck in your new gardening place.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Soil and Composting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Clay poppysue 16 Oct 21, 2013 3:56 PM
Free compost, myth or truth JaiMarye 14 Oct 27, 2010 6:58 AM
Who Bakes Dirt 76summerwind 29 Apr 4, 2008 6:22 PM
sterilizing options tiG 22 Mar 29, 2008 7:47 PM
Soil & Fertilizer: Compost Tea SoCal 119 Mar 5, 2008 11:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America