Photo by Melody

Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap: YA TAUGHT ME AGAIN

Communities > Forums > Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap
bookmark
Forum: Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snapReplies: 3, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2008
1:44 PM

Post #5446299

Sounds good for the soups. Don't know how I missed such wisdom on the way through life. May I add a dollup of smokey bacon? :)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 21, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5447234

A little bacon does sound good.. I think I'd skip the chicken broth, then.. The only trick I've found in fiddling with the recipe over the years is not to fiddle with it too much, because you don't want to overwhelm the flavor of those wonderful fresh green beans. :-)

My niece & nephew were here last week. They learned to make the soup from start to finish and added it to the menu 2 more times during their visit. It's a winner!
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2008
12:19 PM

Post #5451250

A little bacon wrap on a chicken breast has a fancy chef's name and helps seperate a fool and his money.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 22, 2008
12:48 PM

Post #5451321

Heh... stick a little cheese in a slit inside, and you've really got something! :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Green bean soup: a summer delight that cooks in a snap Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I am trying this recipe tonight carolmo 1 Aug 12, 2008 9:49 PM
good article phicks 2 Aug 12, 2008 9:46 PM
Pole Beans & interesting varieties tesaje 1 Aug 21, 2008 8:05 PM
Green bean soup meezersfive 1 Jul 12, 2014 7:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America