Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: House Wrens, House Wren Houses, and Not-For-House-Wrens Houses: Thanks for the informative article!

Communities > Forums > Article: House Wrens, House Wren Houses, and Not-For-House-Wrens Houses
bookmark
Forum: Article: House Wrens, House Wren Houses, and Not-For-House-Wrens HousesReplies: 1, Views: 2
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Mima56
Thayer, MO
(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #5453060

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know! We have always assumed that our 'stick' nests were from our handful of house sparrows, but we do have a house wren, so...maybe he's the culprit!

You did a lovely job on your article, Sally. I love it when I read something that makes me get back outside to learn more!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 22, 2008
6:58 PM

Post #5453153

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know!"
I'm getting that feeling a lot too.
The sticks are a sign of HW as I read, I think the house sparrows like grassy nests--from what I've seen in the rafters Big Home Store.
Thanks so much for reading and responding. We writers appreciate that!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: House Wrens, House Wren Houses, and Not-For-House-Wrens Houses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice Article Sally! pelletory 4 Aug 15, 2008 9:25 PM
The good, the bad and the poo poo DianeEG 2 Aug 19, 2008 10:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up wormfood 1 Aug 20, 2008 1:54 AM
Texas Wren steadycam3 1 Feb 11, 2011 5:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America