Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

curcuma??

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

I bought this from a nursery going out of business and all I was told was that it was a ginger. Can anyone id? Thanks!

Thumbnail by Ems_Garden
Mulberry, FL

Curcuma there is different colors white pink rasberry color they are nice they wilt away late in the fall and come back late spring and usually flower late july -august Lowes has them here by me 6.oo there coming down in price i posted one here an unusual color and verigated

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Em you can narrow it down since it is blooming now. Many of the Curcumas bloom in early spring before the leaves and others in summer.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Looks like mine that just bloomed last week.

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Yep Sandi that is the same thing - pretty isn't it! :)

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's one of ours, not sure which species this is, we have several and this lost it's tag.

Thumbnail by maggidew
Mulberry, FL

Pink Wonder

Coushatta, LA

It is a (PETIOLATA) hidden ginger.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2009 10:12 PM

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

A little late to ask, but should I have dug the bulbs up before freeze?

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandi - I left mine in the ground and am crossing my fingers!!! Em

Coushatta, LA

No!!!bulbs are ok in the ground.They will always come back.Mine stays in the ground and they come up every year.

This message was edited Jan 9, 2009 6:56 PM

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, I guess we'll see....arctic front is heading our way and I don't have time to save everybody! Thanks Em and Rose for responses. Will you two be going to Jeri's Swap in May? Will be fun. I don't know what I'm looking forward to most...the swap...or the nursery run to Forest Hill the day before. Missed it last year and had to listen to all the great buys they made at the nurseries the next day at the swap!

Coushatta, LA

You are welcome.I don't know she invited me but i will have to wait and see.I would love to go.I go to forest hill every year,it's so many nursery you just don't know what to do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.