Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore: Goldenrod

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenrod Legends and LoreReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
theherbalkitty
Brooklyn, CT

August 25, 2008
3:04 PM

Post #5465236

Hi, Sharron,
I'm fairly new to the site but I love your stories about Aunt Bett. I was certified as an herbalist with Apollo Herbs (RI) last December. I love the article about Goldenrod! I knew it was the Ragweed that caused the sneezing/allergic reactions and not the Goldenrod but wanted to add that a tea brewed from the dried flowerheads will actually inhibit the allergic reaction to the Ragweed. Nature always provides the anecdote if you know where to look, which I'm sure you know from such a learned teacher as your Aunt Bett. She sounds like someone I would've loved, too. =) Thanks for sharing!

The Herbal Kitty
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
3:15 PM

Post #5465289

Hi Kitty,
Nice to hear from you. I didn't know about the tea, guess Aunt Bett didn't either. Thanks for telling me, though. Maybe I can mention it to the next one who sneezes and blames goldenrod.

Thank you for writing. Don't stay away, I might someday need your help for verification!
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenrod Legends and Lore Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another winner Hemophobic 9 Aug 20, 2008 1:56 AM
Learn something new every day! edelseu 4 Aug 20, 2008 4:13 AM
Love Goldenrod Aunt_A 1 Aug 21, 2008 2:12 PM
Legend of the Goldenrod rlcraft 5 Aug 30, 2008 11:20 PM
Goldenrod gardengirl86 0 Nov 19, 2012 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America