Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Japanese Maples 101: Acer palmatum Kiyo Hime

Communities > Forums > Article: Japanese Maples 101
bookmark
Forum: Article: Japanese Maples 101Replies: 0, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Penjing
Natick, MA

August 25, 2008
3:09 PM

Post #5465264

I have a Kiyo Hime Japanese Maple that came from nursery stock - bought at a local nursery on an end-of-year sale. The tree had some damage, however, I thought it was due to breakage. Since I wanted the tree for bonsai, that was not a deterrant to purchasing it. The tree has been transplanted to another pot with better drainage, but it has become apparent that there is something else going on with the tree. The tree has serious dieback and the bark is damaged in several different places and some of the new growth has withered. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a Japanese Maple with those symptoms and also if this is due to a disease or perhaps a boar or beatle within the trunk. I would like to keep the tree because of it's variety, however I don't want it to infect my other trees. I haven't been able to find any information on diseases that attack Japanese maples in this way. If anyone has any suggestions on how to treat this tree, please let me know. Thanks so much.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Japanese Maples 101 Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I believe I am love! doccat5 13 May 26, 2008 1:47 AM
full sun ornamental tree - max 20' Krewson 2 May 22, 2008 6:06 PM
Arid Lands moxiecosmos 2 May 20, 2010 10:25 AM
Golden full moon japanese maple cshofner 2 Sep 25, 2008 5:43 PM
Weeping Japanese Maple in shade pianita 4 Apr 21, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America