Photo by Melody

Article: Aunt Bett, Church, and the Yarrow Experience: My fav plant!

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Church, and the Yarrow Experience
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Church, and the Yarrow ExperienceReplies: 6, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
3:15 PM

Post #5469946

This is one of my fav plants and am happy to see AuntBett appreciated as well!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #5470079

Thanks, Jocie..
Nice dainty plant it is, pretty too.
crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
4:18 PM

Post #5470170

Yup. The best filler ever. about 65% of my gardens are made up of different colors of yarrow LOL!
Just can't kill it and it's soooooooo perfect for drought.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
4:22 PM

Post #5470201

most of mine are shades of red, then turn to tan as they dry. I used to save them to use in fall decorations, and one year when my classes had a 22 foot tree to decorate for Christmas, we gathered dried yarrow, grapevine, dried twigs, etc, sprayed everything gold, and decorated the entire tree with everything done in groups, sprayed gold, and tied in bundles with red ribbon.

Well, we spent so much money on lights to cover it, we couldn't afford real decorations. Goodness it was a wonderful tree! We had a huge commons area where the kids gathered between classes...they would sit around that huge tree just like they were waiting for Santa.

crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
4:27 PM

Post #5470224

omg, I NEVER thought to use them on a tree. Im so stealing your idea for december. Ohh and we have loads of grape vines too!
Much better than cheap-o plastic decorations. Im not a big Christmas type person as far as decorating so never really invest in nice decorations, but this is inspirational lol.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5470248

Stretch the grapevines out and spray paint them then. They will naturally wind around your tree like those tinsile ropes, I usually use about 3 intertwined. Make sense? Leave dried leaves on, too, and the little curly thingies.
crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2008
5:03 PM

Post #5478859

I looove the lil curly thingies lol.
If I don't forget Ill be doing this for Christmas. Maybe we'll even try a living tree too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Church, and the Yarrow Experience Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
another gem Dutchlady1 9 Aug 27, 2008 12:43 AM
Nice phicks 8 Aug 26, 2008 4:44 PM
Oh Lawdy! Mrs_Ed 3 Sep 1, 2008 8:01 PM
Laughing in church... brigidlily 2 Aug 26, 2008 4:12 PM
Perfection Hemophobic 1 Aug 26, 2008 5:17 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America