Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Springtime Blues - Grape Hyacinths: I read this article first...

Communities > Forums > Article: The Springtime Blues - Grape Hyacinths
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Springtime Blues - Grape HyacinthsReplies: 3, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #5486358

because I just love this little spring flower. I cheers me up after winter. Seeing the leaves come up in the fall and overwinter gives me an inkling of what lies ahead. I get excited when I can first see the tinge of color from the window.
Thanks for a well-written and informative article about this cheerful, spring-time flower.
jan
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

August 30, 2008
5:46 PM

Post #5487370

Mine are starting to come up, though it will be many months before they bloom.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2008
5:20 PM

Post #5494435

Really enjoyed the article. I have my usual 'fall leaf display' going on right now. Not certain which type of muscari these are. I have them as 'M. armeniacum' in my database, but I don't know where that info came from.

Todd, I have a question if you're still reading. The bulbs are all sitting on top of the ground now for some reason. Maybe because they've multiplied so much. Should I be breaking these up and replanting them? I hate to mess with them because they're so beautiful as is.

thanks, jan

Thumbnail by grampapa
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5495251

Now is the time to dig them and replant...it sghould not set them back at all...actually it is good to divide them periodically and replant them deeper since they migrate to the surface.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Springtime Blues - Grape Hyacinths Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I love these little guys! darius 3 Aug 30, 2008 11:45 PM
Mr. Boland: Orchid Pix? Leehallfae 0 Sep 1, 2008 4:19 PM
grape hyacinths kirchoffer 3 May 11, 2009 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America