-
AuthorContent
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
4:53 PM

Post #5487182

I am still working on this but digger mentioned I should post some pic. So here they are. I also just sent a small beaded gourd to roadrunner so she will be posting some pics of that one soon I hope. I forgot to take pics of the finished product. Dummy me.
This is the bottom. It is suppose to be a lake on the great plains.
Jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
4:55 PM

Post #5487190

Here is another view. This is the wax that has been sculpted before I bead it.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
4:57 PM

Post #5487199

Another view. The Indian with Eagle above him.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
4:58 PM

Post #5487204

The Eagle.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
4:59 PM

Post #5487211

And of course the White Buffalo. All of this is still a work in progress so I will up date again later.
Jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
5:05 PM

Post #5487235

Here is one more view. This shows me applying the beads to the waxed area with the tools that I make from a Tpin and polymer clay.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #5487238

And here is a pic of the Indian before I beaded him.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

ErinSaTx
San Antonio, TX

August 31, 2008
6:58 PM

Post #5491131

You are an amazing artist! Wow! Beautiful!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 1, 2008
11:31 AM

Post #5493334

OMG . it is absoluuuuttly more than i could ever do . it took me 2 1/2 years to cross stitch a grandma moses picture . solid , all strings woven in vertical . it looks as good on the back as the front . but i don't think near as intense as the bead work .that's when i found out i had to work through a magnifying glass . then graduated to jewelers glasses .thank you so much for posting this . actually , this is the first time on this forum for me . i'll have to spend more time with it . amazing ! sally
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 1, 2008
3:52 PM

Post #5494117

Yes, I know all about the magnifing glass. I have a lamp that has a magnifing glass on it. Great for detail work. Its on a stand and very heavy but can be placed in almost any position. Couldn't work without it. Thanks for the kudos. I love cross stich too but I have several projects going on and I have to start focusing on completing a few of them before I start another.
Jan
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 1, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #5494738

i thought when i got 65 i would be able to slow down and do what i wanted . well , today i turned the big 70 and i'm doing what i want to alright ,buuuut , heck , it's work and not going near as fast as i want . what i used to do all day long , it now takes me all day long to do . lol . i have so many projects going , it takes an appointment to get the laundry done . hugs , sally
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2008
2:34 AM

Post #5496762

Ehehehehe...I know exactly what you mean. I turn 59 this month and I swear that I feel so much older. The doctor told me that the next 3 years were not going to be as kind to me as the last 3 years. At first I just said oh great, but now I am wondering why did he say 3 years???
Oh well, I will just play it safe and not do anything bad. Boring but healthy.
Jan
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 2, 2008
12:42 PM

Post #5497722

gourdb , i promise you , the more physical work you can do , the longer you'll last. of course you don't want to aggrevete a bad condition , but like my bad knees and left hip , it really helps to use them . i had a lot of pain in hip two months ago , but have worked a bunch of it out . i can start walking after standing up , instead of having to stand still and get everything in gear first. did i see you on strawbale garden ? if not , go over and read some of my posts on chapter 24, the last few days .walking uphill still kills me , but it's easier than it was a month ago .
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2008
1:42 PM

Post #5497926

Here is a link to my wonderful gift from Jan...LOVE IT!

Jan...your package of goodies will go out tomorrow. Jo

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/898815/
brigidlily
Lumberton, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2008
2:36 PM

Post #5507138

Jan, your work is just amazing.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 27, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5604450

I am going to be teaching a class this weekend on gourd beading. I have also been contacted to teach one in November in Lincoln City, Or. Its nice when folks start contacting you for your work instead of pushing your work on them. Will let you all know how the class turned out.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Ornamental Gourds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gourd planter (Part 2) Snake Gourd dave 23 Nov 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Mystery gourd Pala 24 Oct 11, 2008 11:52 PM
My Itsie-Bitsie Luffa Ball plant Morph 28 Mar 8, 2008 11:16 PM
Gourdaholic- looking for seeds from Large Gourd from Nigeria Gourd 35 Apr 6, 2009 4:35 PM
Cattle Guards used as arbors/tunnels (has anyone used them) Gourd 21 May 15, 2007 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America