Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2): eggplant

Communities > Forums > Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2)Replies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
glenwood6
Blackville, SC

September 1, 2008
12:05 AM

Post #5492092

Hello, I'm trying figure out how to blanch and freeze eggplant. How do you start this process, I allot of eggplant this year out of the garden,hate to throw it away after I put it in the freg. for couple of day(s). How can I blanch or freeze the eggplant? Sincerely, glenwood6

paulgrow

paulgrow
Allen Park, MI
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2008
1:00 PM

Post #5493500

The Ball Blue Book has a recipe for freezing it, blanch for 4 minutes, add citric acid and freeze.
Check the book for the exact recipe.

Paul

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Preserving the Bounty, a Summary of Food Preservation (Part 2) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice Article threegardeners 4 Oct 11, 2010 6:37 AM
yucca seeds gunca 1 Sep 3, 2007 10:12 AM
enjoying series sal522 1 Sep 4, 2007 6:33 PM
Thank You Fairleigh 0 Sep 5, 2007 5:02 PM
Freezable foods Chilko 3 Oct 11, 2010 4:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America