Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Hydrangeas: Yellowing Leaves

Communities > Forums > Hydrangeas
bookmark
Forum: HydrangeasReplies: 2, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
njjpl
Pequannock, NJ

September 1, 2008
2:57 AM

Post #5492663

Help! Two weeks ago I planted 2 Hydrangea paniculata "Tardiva", tree form, next to each other in a mostly sunny raised bed area, I added compost to the planting holes and mulched the area with a pine mulch. The leaves of one are beginning to turn YELLOW!!! Am I losing the plants, are they shutting down due to the drought here in NJ, could it be transplant shock??? Shouldn't have planted in August! Need some advice. Thanks!
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 1, 2008
5:48 PM

Post #5494550

chances are its just a bit of transplant shock. best thing you can do is make sure its being watered properly. stick your finger down a few inches in the soil to tell you if you need to water or not. you might also try to rig up a little shade over them until they get established a little better.
njjpl
Pequannock, NJ

September 1, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5494924

Thanks for your help...Dub!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hydrangeas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hydrangea Ayesha Roselaine 9 Jul 13, 2012 2:54 PM
Cutting Hydrangeas anastatia 2 Jul 31, 2007 9:43 PM
"Forever and Ever" Hydrangea toni5735 14 Dec 30, 2008 11:10 AM
I hope this works. Hydrangeas planted in a leaf mix... kbaumle 30 Apr 28, 2009 3:20 AM
How to winter over lace cap cuttings? kbaumle 10 Jan 13, 2008 6:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America