Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Watering Palms: Palms in Greece

Communities > Forums > Article: Watering Palms
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watering PalmsReplies: 0, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lindosvilla
Dodecanese
Greece
(Zone 10a)

September 1, 2008
9:56 AM

Post #5493252

This must be the single most informative piece I've had the pleasure to read.
In the Med climate of the Southern Aegean (not too unlike California) I have spent many frustrating months trying to nurture pygmy date palms, cactus & succulents alongside fan palm (species unknown) & yucca (ostratis??)
Being a complete but enthusiastic amateur any success has been limited by either conflicting advice from retailers or more often than not, total incompetence from me.
With the worst (or best) of the summer heat subsided & rain coming soon, this piece has given me a bit more enthusiasm for next year & the confidence to adjust the water drip systems a little more generously after constantly fearing that over watering was worse than too little.
Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watering Palms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
recommendations? carrielamont 4 Sep 1, 2008 8:26 AM
I never thought about watering a palm CoreHHI 0 Sep 1, 2008 3:54 AM
watering palms santarem 1 Sep 1, 2008 3:59 PM
Wow bowhows 0 Sep 1, 2008 2:31 PM
Watering palms JoseMaria 1 Sep 1, 2008 7:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America