Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Sunflowers as sentinels: Love Sunflowers!

Communities > Forums > Article: Sunflowers as sentinels
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sunflowers as sentinelsReplies: 1, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Herkimer_flower
Marmora, NJ

September 1, 2008
11:31 AM

Post #5493333

September 1, 2008

I love sunflowers and I loved your story. I am forced to grow smaller sunflowers in pots as my garden is wild with rabbits and moles. I will not use anything lethal to rid my garden of the rabbits or moles, so nature takes its course and my sunflowers are eaten to the ground. I even have to put my morning glories in pots!

Here's hoping your driveway will be filled with beautiful sunflowers (and morning glories) and an abundance of birds. Most importantly, I hope the wall of sunflower beauty doubles as a shield against any unwanted sights and sounds.

Good luck!

- herkimer j.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2008
7:16 PM

Post #5494880

herk, the trick is to let SO MANY sunflowers go to seed that the moles & other critters can't keep up. Of course, having a dog + several cats roaming around is THE most natural pesticide in the world, you know.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sunflowers as sentinels Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful Sunflowers rosewood513 8 Sep 8, 2008 4:53 PM
How encouraging! gloriag 3 Sep 2, 2008 2:48 AM
Well written, fun, informative epan 3 Jun 22, 2013 8:05 PM
What's not to love bjspeachyn5 2 Sep 2, 2008 12:54 PM
Nice phicks 0 Sep 2, 2008 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America