Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros: I like this!

Communities > Forums > Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros
bookmark
Forum: Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of HabanerosReplies: 4, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
4:47 PM

Post #5507749

Excellent! I LOVE the chili photos - the colors and shapes are so energizing, about like the heat and the magic of capsaicin! What a harvest you proudly display!

Your sauce recipe looks great, especially the additions of rum and ginger. YUM! I recently discovered that ginger could be a vegetable-I cooked a pot of black beans with boneless pork ribs and seasoned it with big slices of ginger and garlic, intending to pull the ginger out, not eat it. I forgot and got a mouthful - OMD! It was amazing!

Thanks for the lesson, Critter! :-) I missed the other pepper article - have to check it out! I'll be forwarding this one to non-DG friends with a large crop of habaneros coming on.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 4, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5507868

I admit that wasn't this year's harvest -- but I've got peppers ripening now! :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the article and the photos. I had fun with this one!

Thanks!
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
6:09 PM

Post #5508039

It's current enough! :-) Photos are timeless. My chilies are just starting to ripen, too. I have a red Chickenheart hanging pretty right now. I've yet to taste one.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 4, 2008
6:56 PM

Post #5508168

"Chickenheart" is a great name for a chile!
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
7:55 PM

Post #5508338

Yep, so far I've been about tasting it, saying it's just too pretty to pick yet. lol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Running for the fire extinguisher!! KyWoods 5 Sep 4, 2008 2:33 PM
Hot, hot, hotter! p1mkw 6 Sep 4, 2008 8:07 PM
I like this also as I have lots LavinaMae 3 Sep 4, 2008 5:56 PM
recipe flowAjen 2 Sep 9, 2008 1:59 AM
When I worked at a vegetarian restaurant Bookerc1 1 Sep 8, 2008 9:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America