Photo by Melody

Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros: I like this!

Communities > Forums > Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros
bookmark
Forum: Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of HabanerosReplies: 4, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
4:47 PM

Post #5507749

Excellent! I LOVE the chili photos - the colors and shapes are so energizing, about like the heat and the magic of capsaicin! What a harvest you proudly display!

Your sauce recipe looks great, especially the additions of rum and ginger. YUM! I recently discovered that ginger could be a vegetable-I cooked a pot of black beans with boneless pork ribs and seasoned it with big slices of ginger and garlic, intending to pull the ginger out, not eat it. I forgot and got a mouthful - OMD! It was amazing!

Thanks for the lesson, Critter! :-) I missed the other pepper article - have to check it out! I'll be forwarding this one to non-DG friends with a large crop of habaneros coming on.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 4, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5507868

I admit that wasn't this year's harvest -- but I've got peppers ripening now! :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the article and the photos. I had fun with this one!

Thanks!
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
6:09 PM

Post #5508039

It's current enough! :-) Photos are timeless. My chilies are just starting to ripen, too. I have a red Chickenheart hanging pretty right now. I've yet to taste one.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 4, 2008
6:56 PM

Post #5508168

"Chickenheart" is a great name for a chile!
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2008
7:55 PM

Post #5508338

Yep, so far I've been about tasting it, saying it's just too pretty to pick yet. lol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Running for the fire extinguisher!! KyWoods 5 Sep 4, 2008 2:33 PM
Hot, hot, hotter! p1mkw 6 Sep 4, 2008 8:07 PM
I like this also as I have lots LavinaMae 3 Sep 4, 2008 5:56 PM
recipe flowAjen 2 Sep 9, 2008 1:59 AM
When I worked at a vegetarian restaurant Bookerc1 1 Sep 8, 2008 9:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America