Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The History and Uses of Winter Squash: What kind of sqash is this?

Communities > Forums > Article: The History and Uses of Winter Squash
bookmark
Forum: Article: The History and Uses of Winter SquashReplies: 2, Views: 81
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Skylasgarden
Santa Rosa, CA

September 5, 2008
1:19 AM

Post #5509546

To anyone who can help

I just planted my garden for the first time a few years ago. I am still learning and I forgot to write down what squash I planted where. Now I have this sqauash that I am trying to identify. I believe it is a lumina, lillyphon pumpkin winter squash but am not sure?

Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanky you Sky

Thumbnail by Skylasgarden
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lancemg
Aylett, VA

December 1, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #7325122

Your best bet is probably to look through some seed catalogs with photos, and see what matches. It sounds tedious, but if you are picking out seeds for next year anyway, it can fit right in. You can narrow down the possibilities by summer or winter squash, and make sure it is at the harvest stage, as many fruits change color when ripe.
Smallie
Feeding Hills, MA
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #8233353

I believe it may be the Fortna White Pumpkin...

Fortna White Pumpkin
SQ208
(C. mixta) A unique pear-shaped pumpkin with lovely white skin. The vines give good yields of 10 lb fruit...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The History and Uses of Winter Squash Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fascinating! KyWoods 20 Nov 26, 2009 4:58 AM
What is this Vine? Rosebud2U 2 Dec 1, 2009 4:40 PM
Acorn Squash DanNC 1 Jul 3, 2009 3:00 PM
Squash Nanabird 1 Nov 30, 2009 8:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America