Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Glass Jar Swap... Part 11

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 322, Views: 1,365
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
12:20 AM

Post #5518101

Room 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/883534/
Room 2 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/884353/
Room 3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/885328/
Room 4 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/887366/
Room 5 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/888576/
Room 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/889758/
Room 7 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/891029/
Room 8 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/892944/
Room 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/896135/
Room 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/897583/

Everyone should have their swap buddy's name now, but if you haven't, please contact me.

Let your imagination go wild. Decorate them anyway you like. Let's share ideas here about what mediums to use for decorations. You can even fill them with something if you like.

All swaps should be mailed out by September 5th.
If that isnít enough time for some of you, or if you have an unforeseen problem with mailing your swap by then, your buddy would appreciate a d-mail to let them know.

1. bjwilson
2. Heavenscape
3. JoJoringer **
4. Kimarj
5. Purpbutfly
6. Planolinda
7. Tater55
8. Doe41
9. bonjon
10. abbisgranma **
11. zinhu
12. Samigal
13. Makshi **
14. Fairy1004
15. Bettypauze
16. Jordankittyjo
17. Mittsy
18. 1anjl
19. Cordeledawg **
20. luvs2garden2000
21. dimmer **
22. zhinusmom
23. joycet
24. fleursdefouquet **

Thumbnail by bjwilson
Click the image for an enlarged view.

bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
12:22 AM

Post #5518113

Whew.. that other room was getting a bit crowded... this one seems so much roomier.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
12:26 AM

Post #5518129

Anjl, my mama always had Bay leaves in her cabinets so I do it too. Must work I don't have ants. Hey I just found a good site. Got a bottle of lemon juice? Put some in a spray bottle and spray your door jams or corners where they are coming it. That should work too. Here's the site I read that on. I'm going to try Mrs. Fixit ideas on fleas and mice.
http://www.mrsfixit.com/Fixits/FixitDetails.asp?id=83
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
12:43 AM

Post #5518182

AnjL, when I asked about that on the Organic Forum, here is the thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/896480/ With my ankle I havenít gotten to try it. Iíve just written off my hope of getting carrot seeds this year.

Are they in your house, garden or both? Mine are in the garden, but the replies seem to be for in the house, so the thread might not help. Though cinnimum might help, though it sounds like vinegar will do the same thing.

Deborah, thanks for the link!

Can anyone think of a reason not to spay a garden bed with citrus juice or use vinegar near plants?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
1:01 AM

Post #5518240

Only one brand of insecticide I'd use in the house, and very effective for three to four months. And that's Bengal.
It's so efficient that Lowe's and WM stopped selling them, cause their repeat sales are too long in between, unlike the other brands!! There's no cloud or vapors from the spray.
We stopped using pros, cause, their jobs depend on repeat calls, like, one month apart!!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:05 AM

Post #5518254

Yes, I agree. Ace Hardware swears by it. My son's rental was invested. Bengel eliminated cockroaches. They can walk on it and it even kills the eggs before they hatch. I think that's what that guy told us.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5518261

OK>>> OK>>>>OK>>>> Now I feel bad about calling in the PROS... sheesh...

Just once I want to HIRE something done... not do it myself... I'm tired of doing everything myself... I want someone else to do it... *sigh*... sorry... I'm through ranting...

Once... total extermination... then I'm cured... promise.
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5518264

Does Bengal work on ants?

The ants are in my house and in the garden :(

they have taken over the veggie garden. in the flower garden they seem to go after the trees and taller plants.

in the house... they are everywhere! ugh! kitchens, bathroom and now in my bedroom :( the terro seemed to work for about a month...but now the ants are even worse!
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2008
1:08 AM

Post #5518267

tee heee... im thinking exterminator for these ants! ugh!

I will go check those links you ladies gave...
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:10 AM

Post #5518270

I call the exterminator once a year whether I need it or not. He can get into cracks I can't. Plus, he goes in the attic, workshop and under the house.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
1:12 AM

Post #5518276

Anjl, my MIL's house was ant infested one year. We got her 1 can of Bengal, and that did the job. No more expensive pros.
We buy Bengal at our local hardware store, but now I know in case they got smart and stop selling them. Thanks Deb, will check out Ace.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #5518285

Well, our battle for the shop and home was ants and roaches..simple critters.
Maybe a pro would be better for you BJ.
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2008
1:44 AM

Post #5518382

okay, I just wiped down all the counters with vinegar/water solution and sprayed all the cracks where they are coming in with lemon juice (undiluted cause I wanna make sure they go away! lol)

will wait to see what happens! thanks for the tips :o)
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:05 AM

Post #5518495

Let us know how it works. That site says the vinegar keeps them from following their trail back to the nest. Is that right?
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5518516

well... the lemon juice does NOT work :( they are walking right over where I sprayed it ...and I sprayed it really thick :(

not sure if the vinegar worked... no ants in the kitchen yet... will keep checking.

but the lemon juice didnt deter them one bit! ugh!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:17 AM

Post #5518556

Well it's suppose to be just a deterrant (it won't kill them) for those wanting to come in. They should smell it, taste it, whatever, and turn around and go away, or find another way it? Ok let's go googling somewhere else. BBL
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:23 AM

Post #5518591

Anjl, read the last paragraph about these spices to deter ants.
http://www.onlinetips.org/get-rid-ants
It seems it takes time for them to retreat out of the house. I would spot mop the kitchen every night with vinegar water to break their trail scent. Keep spraying the door jams with the lemon juice to keep the outside ants from coming in.
The only other thing I can think of why it's not working maybe the type of ant you have. Most of these deterrents are for sugar ants.
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:48 AM

Post #5518660

Any answers on the effects of lemon and vinegar around plants?
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #5518683

Vinegar coming in contact with plants would be a problem, since it does a good job of killing weeds. I don't know about the lemon juice though. Using it around the house as an ant deterrent or a cleanser shouldn't bother potted houseplants I wouldn't think.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:03 AM

Post #5518696

Hmmm... I spray my plants with a vinagar/amonia/dish liquid solution for insects... it doesn't seem to hurt the plant, and it does keep the bugs from eating the leaves.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #5518705

Hanging rosemary cuttings in the house also is a good bug repellant. Just don't overdo the size of the bundle you hang as it can get overwhelming. Learned the hard way.

No ants here thank goodness but the big roaches are being driven in by the wet weather. Uck!!! Have a hard rain late today.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:10 AM

Post #5518717

Probably because that dish detergent acts as a surfactant and keeps the vinegar from burning the plant. Pour it full strength and it can kill the plant. It may not hurt a mature plant enough to kill it. It sure doesn't kill mature woody weeds, but new young ones, yes it works. Water and dish detergent works good right by itself. edit to continue that thought, it works to kill the bugs right by itself, not the plant. I'm tired, need coffee.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2008 11:18 PM
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:11 AM

Post #5518720

I love the smell of herbs, especially rosemary. I may bundle some with some cinamimin sticks this fall for decorations.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:35 AM

Post #5518790

Just don't overdo the rosemary inside--I am serious when I say it can get overwhelming. I love the smell, taste and anything else about rosemary but that time it really was strong.

I got the neatest package from BJ today. So cute and so special.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
3:39 AM

Post #5518799

Awwwww, another molded clay covered jar? You do amazing work BJ.

Nighty nite - past my bedtime. Sleep well sistahs.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
3:45 AM

Post #5518812

Marion what a lovely gift!! BJ your awesome : )
I see my mines was delivered today..hope it's not broken...
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:48 AM

Post #5518820

Yes, Debra... that's a re purposed Smuckers Pineapple topping jar...

I hope you like it Marion.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #5518822

Yes it was Kim the exotic and it is so nice. My camera battery ran down before I finished all my pictures. I love it and as soon as all the storms decided to leave for this year I will be putting it on my deck so I can see if from my kitchen windows. I have oodles of lady bug items but have never seen a windchime like that one. Thank you so very much!!!!

In fact if I can get the roof of my swing set repaired (son thinks it can be) it will hang there as that is my "tranquility area" of the yard. I can swing and just enjoy being outside.

Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:50 AM

Post #5518827

Bj, how did you do the fairy on the jar? That is precious!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:51 AM

Post #5518832

Oh I do very much but please don't tell me it had Smuckers Apricot preserves in it or I will be upset!! That's my favorite for toast!! The colors matches the colors I have in the house just perfectly. Thought about putting in one of the bathrooms but I am keeping in my room for hand lotion!! You gals put me to shame with what I can do. Well, I can sew a little.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
3:52 AM

Post #5518834

Marion I was talking about my buddies jar lol. But i'm glad you liked the bugs : )
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:52 AM

Post #5518838

Notice: She is blonde!!!!
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
3:53 AM

Post #5518845

:-)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
3:55 AM

Post #5518852

Duh!! As I said Kim the exotic, I am blonde!!! Your package also came today or maybe yesterday as it was on the wrought iron table outside my front door--very rarely go in or out that door.

Anyways, I love, love the chimes. I am so use to hearing the chimes outside my window at night that while I was down south taking care of Mom I had a hard time sleeping. Funny how you can get use to some sounds and miss them so much when they aren't there. Just like hubbys!!!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #5518853

My favorite is Apricot Jalapino jelly. It's all gone by the way, BJ. :(
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5518858

Nope... was Pineapple Ice Cream Topping... and I practically shoved it down Don's throat to get the jar...

How did I do the fairy?... well, I used a mold for the face, arms, and wings... but the hair I had to do myself.

Marion... what about the charms?... did you look closely at the charms in that box?
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5518860

Kathy has a chime that I heard outside as I laid in bed with my bedfellow BJ. It was a peaceful charming sounding wind chime.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5518876

Bj, I hope you are taking pictures of all of these clay treasures you are making and giving as gifts. They are truely unique and one's of a kind. You need to keep a picture album on them just in case you want to remake one for friends in GA. LOL j/k
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5518878

Yes it was... had a lulling effect to put us to sleep at night... I need a wind chime outside my bedroom... but, I don't have a window in the bedroom that leads outside... just one that looks out onto the sun porch.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:01 AM

Post #5518880

I got ya covered Deb... not to worry.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:04 AM

Post #5518893

Is this it BJ. Sorry I forgot to say something. I love that--just what I need to wear for ID next March at the festival. Kim was so surprised with hers and said thank you very much. Really shocked her for once!!

Yes, you had better be taking pictures as you are really getting to be the pro with this craft.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:06 AM

Post #5518901

I'm telling those windchimes can be so soothing. Even when Fay was a little gusty, the one outside my window was ever so soft and calming. Funny thing is I have never like them before I moved here and decided to put on in the front flower bed--to be! LOL
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:07 AM

Post #5518908

No...No... the charms on the key chain... was wrapped in pink paper.. in a little zip lock thing.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:10 AM

Post #5518920

I made one of those name tags for everyone at Kathy's... so we wouldn't forget who was who... LOL... you know how we are...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:10 AM

Post #5518922

OOps I missed it. Will go back and check to see. BRB!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:19 AM

Post #5518958

I love to hear bamboo wind chimes too.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:19 AM

Post #5518959

I didn't take a pic of the charms she's gone back to look for... I hope she finds them... they're very personal.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:22 AM

Post #5518966

What kind of task did you pull out of your jar today BJ? Mine was to clean out my pantry. I did it too! While I was doing it, Jayes pssgetti jar was sitting there and I looked and looked again at the print on the dolls dress. I'll be,,,the print has butterflies in it. Knowing Jaye's detailed eye, she intended for that print to have butterflies and shopped just for the right material. Sistahs are special, you know that!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:22 AM

Post #5518967

OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I am in complete shock!! O my!! BJ that is so very, very special! Thank you is such small words for something like that dear friend. Wow.

I had completely forgotten about you asking for the pictures and now I see why. Oh my!!

Okay--BJ took picutes of my granddaughters and imposed them (how DID you do that) on a charm which she made into a keychain for me. LIke I will really use it for a keychain and mess it up? Nope that is definitely a wonderful keepsake which I will treasure for time to come!! The smaller charm is adoreable also. Need to put it on my necklace with my ladybug from their Peepum.

Camera is recharging so will take pictures in the morning to share.

Geez I am shocked, surprised, stunned and very blessed. Thank you so much.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:24 AM

Post #5518972

Marion, you will be going to sleep with a nice smile on your face. Blessed with thoughful sistah BJ. That is so touching BJ. You have a heart of gold.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:28 AM

Post #5518990

those pictures are imbedded into the clay... they should never wear off... was an experiment that I got instructions for on the net, and just had to try it.

My task today was to help my son with his laundry... he has to come to my house once a month to do his laundry, so today was the day,... ok, I didn't pull a task out today... I already had stuff to do..
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:30 AM

Post #5518994

The smaller one is the size you'd use on a charm bracelet... Marion, take the big one off the key chain, and put it on the necklace if you want...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:31 AM

Post #5518998

Oh BJ I am still in shock. Thanks for using my granddaughters as test subjects because now I have a wonderful keychain from a very special lady.

Yeap a huge smile for sure.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:33 AM

Post #5519001

You're welcome my friend... you're one special lady too.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
4:34 AM

Post #5519003

MIght do that BJ--then I can show it off more!!! Can't say I am not a proud person right now!

Now I think I can relax and sleep. Feeling much more relaxed and getting sleepy so I am signing off for now.

Tommorow everyone, sleep well.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:34 AM

Post #5519005

Your gd's are going to be pleasantly surprised to see those too, Marion. I can hear them now, "Oh wow!"
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
4:35 AM

Post #5519007

Sweet Dreams!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:36 AM

Post #5519012

Nighty night, Marion... sweet dreams.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
4:36 AM

Post #5519014

Hey there Kim, you been hiding? I haven't talk to you today.:(
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
7:15 AM

Post #5519346

Marion, Iíll take ants over roaches, but I prefer neither. Most bugs donít survive in my house; my cats think they are wonderful cat toys. Iíve even seen them play with ants, though I thought they would be too small and slow moving. The only ones I havenít seen them go after are gnats. Those things drive me nuts.

As I said somewhere tonight, anyone can be decent at the arts, it just takes the 3 Ps, Patients, Persistence and Practice, maybe a 4th P in Perception; you do need to be able to tell what parts are good so you can keep them and which things you still need to work on. I have that conversation about once a week with DSD, when ever she tells me my art is so good, or when Iím trying to get her to improve her art. Now donít get me wrong, there are several areas that Iím not willing to put in the effort, but I know that if I put effort into I could be decent, just not as good as mom, so I let her do it.

My MIL had a bamboo wind chime at her house when we visited last weekend, I decided I had to get one. Though what I really want is a rain drum.

BJ, I was going to ask, how do you set up the soap dispenser? I broke one of mine today and was thinking I might try out that idea, but I canít figure out how you would get the pump to attach to the jar.

That one is quite cute!

I have really old pineapple topper in my fridge, not quite old enough to toss, but close. I could use that to make the dispenser.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
11:44 AM

Post #5519514

Marion, is your camera battery recharged??????? Can't wait to see the charms.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 7, 2008
11:53 AM

Post #5519523

Waiting as well to view to lovely art pieces...
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #5519578

Good morning ladies.

Laura, To get the pump on the lid, you need to mark the center of the lid with a marker... then I used a drill press with drill bit slightly larger than the upper part of the stem of the pump. Then on the outside of the lid I marked the exact dimensions of the cap of the pump so I wouldn't pass that line with clay. After laying your clay, and baking the lid, polish and finish it as usual... then you hot glue the pump into place. That one I made Marion was so tight, it snapped into place, and is very secure. They don't all work out like that.

Sorry, I thought about taking a pic of the charms before I sent them, but since I'll not make those particular ones again... I didn't... maybe I should have... darn, hindsight is so frustrating sometime.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #5519653

Morning!!!! Hi Deborah : ) I had puter trouble... I am loving all the pretty jars, amazing what is beeing done with a simple jar!!! Have not seen my buddy post for awhile hope all is well. You know I did not take a pic either... not that I will making it again... : )
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:10 PM

Post #5519703

Good morning everybody!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5519720

Mornin Kim & Deborah.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 7, 2008
1:35 PM

Post #5519756

Morning, off to purchase wood..mega cutting today..slipped my mind that I needed 6 - 4' witches (all done in moving sections) done by Wednesday night for class..yuk..not sure how I forgot 'to do' task..must not have been in the jar...lol

Enjoy your day!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
1:44 PM

Post #5519778

Have a good day, Betty.

Kim, your buddy's been out of town for the last week... she should be back soon... so, be patient, ok?
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
1:48 PM

Post #5519795

Ok : )
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
2:36 PM

Post #5519997

I know who Kim's buddy is:)

For ants outside-put a bowl of grits around and then a bowl of water if you don't have water anypleace and aren't expecting rain-they eat the grits, then drink water and KABOOM-they explode:)

BJ-you gotta show pics of the things you made for me-I am still grinning ear to ear!!!

MArion-we need to get you a non charging camera!!LOL I am wiggling here waiting for her to get up so I can see:)
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
2:43 PM

Post #5520022

I love my camera, I plug it into a port on my computer and download the pics and it charges there. Went to Europe this past march, charged it up before we left and had to charge it up once while we were there and that was the last few days. We were there for 13 days. And it holds over 800 pics.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:44 PM

Post #5520025

Ok, Fairy Legs... here's the pumpkins I made for Stacey... she sent me a box full of clay, and asked me to make her some pumpkins for her fall arrangements... so, that's what I did... 24 personalities, different shapes, sizes, and shades of orange.
The shortest one is 5/8" and the tallest one is 1" to the top of the stem.
I had fun doing these.

Thumbnail by bjwilson

ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2008
2:53 PM

Post #5520049

Those pumpkins are adorable! Since I am Tink's DMIL maybe she will share...please, please, please. I have seen such great things made with clay..as soon as I retire I may have to try that out.

I keep telling my friends that I am not originally creative but I can copy anything and then take it one step further. I am someone who needs a picture, a pattern or to see something neat. Bless those of you who ARE creative...and allow people like me the privilege of copying.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
2:55 PM

Post #5520060

That's all I do too... I just copy or follow directions or pattern... the pumpkins were easy because Stacey sent me one to go by... I can't believe she paid that much for a tiny pumpkin...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2008
2:57 PM

Post #5520068

Bj, those pumpkins are so cute. I think I need to play around with my clay. I've got everything there is to need for working with clay, pasta machine etc.

Cindy
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #5520080

Sorry mom-they already have a purpose-I am using them in one of my swap things-that is why I needed so many...and the original was $4!!! I am soooo excited!!! One of these days when I have time I will have to try clay, but that is far in the future:)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2008
3:03 PM

Post #5520090

BJ, those pumpkins are so cute. They did not take long to do, I think you got the packages yesterday!!! WOW, so quick to do things?

Marion, we are waiting on the pictures!!!

Bj, that jar you made Marion is so cute, and if you keep it up we are all going to put in our request! LOL

Linda Kay
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #5520116

LK,,, I have to keep it up... Don's threatened to cut me off from crafts if I don't... he's got a lot invested in this new "obsession".

And, no.. they didn't take long to make... I did a lot of other things yesterday too, around the house, and stayed up on the threads here, and ran some errands... so, the pumpkins were just while I was taking breaks. Stacey definitely over paid for the pumpkin she sent me to go by.
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
3:33 PM

Post #5520212

those are just to cute. I would love to have them also. so adorable.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
3:56 PM

Post #5520278

Those pumkins are adorable. Would make a cute wreath, attaching them around it like flower picks somehow.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
4:06 PM

Post #5520311

Those lil pumps are sooo cute : }
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
4:08 PM

Post #5520315

Nope-not going on a wreath, but about 200 of them would be cute on a wreath-if I can find a snoman one, I may have to pay BJ for some of those too!!LOL

Step off the pumpkins-they are mine all mine-bwa hahahaha-JK-they are going on my halloween swap item:) They were the inspiration:) I always find 1 item and work around it:)
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
4:56 PM

Post #5520494

Bet cha can't look at those pumpkins and not grin.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
5:16 PM

Post #5520574

I can't stop grinning when I look at the pic-I have looked at it about a dz times today and smile every time!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5520643

My son spent the night with me last night (because he didn't get finished with his laundry)... and he just saw the pumpkins himself... he smiled too...
I just showed him all the other things I've done in my craft room, in various stages of completion... and all he could say was "wow"...
So, I might just need to stick with it after all... he's a hard one to impress...

Pumpkins are in the polisher... should be done tonight.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
5:37 PM

Post #5520705

You have a great talent-I bet if you work on things over the winter you might have enough to do like a craft booth next year!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
5:50 PM

Post #5520749

LOL... YEA... RIGHT !!!

I'm thinking that maybe if I ever make a "re purposed" jar that I like, and don't give it away to someone, I might see what it will bring on Ebay... maybe... don't know...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #5520781

BJ, how is your tumbler working now? You have new belts for it?
Linda Kay
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5520843

I am being sooo serious-like the hobbit house-who wouldn't pay for stuff like that!! And your jewelry and lotion containers!! ONce I get my 1/2 bath finished I may have to comission you for a soap dispenser and a tissue box cover!! It will be sage green off white and a few touches of a light plum color:)
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
6:26 PM

Post #5520860

Yes, LK... I got the belts, and finished the glass that was in the tumblers... I'll have to post a pic of that some day...

Fairy Lips... you do that, my dear... I'll be soooooo in demand, ya know... you might have to wait in line... ROTFL
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #5520869

Well, get ready next year, cuz come Heck or high water that 1/2 bath is gonna get done!!LOL once it is done I will take a pic and send it and then your creative mind can flow-and I will pay you for everything of course:)

I am being totally serious about your talent!! Be proud lady!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2008
6:33 PM

Post #5520878

BJ, I hoping to be able to have a Christams booth at our local mall this year. If you would like to try and sell some stuff I would gladly do it for you. I think it opens right after TG and is open until Christmas eve.

Cindy
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
6:36 PM

Post #5520891

LOL... Stacey... it tickles me that you think so...

Cindy, I appreciate the thought... but I'm going to be hard pressed to get my Christmas done as it is... so, I probably couldn't make anything for this year... we'll talk about next year, next year... ok?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2008
6:39 PM

Post #5520901

Alrightie then, next year.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
6:44 PM

Post #5520916

WOW!! BJ, you got a fan here!! I love those pumpkin midgets! I even see one that's me.. can you guess which character?
If you make a family of pumpkins, I bet, they'd sell like hot cakes on eBay, BJ.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
6:47 PM

Post #5520930

Jaye-I am guessing the one in the bottom L is you;)

And yes-a HUGE BJ art fan:)

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5520941

You're too smart Stacey!!
Yep.. that's moi! Always puzzled!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
7:02 PM

Post #5520976

I think Stacey has issues though... I'm real worried about that girl...
LOL...JK

that one is a bit puzzled, isn't he? Not you, Jaye... no way.
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
7:23 PM

Post #5521045

BJ, Thanks for the info! I seriously might need to try that.

Those pumpkins are adorable! DSD and DH want them. I don't know what I'd do with them, but I'd love to have them

Janice, You should get together with mom too; she says the same thing.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5521055

Uhuh.. that's me! When I'm thinking real hard, have a habit of furrying my brows together and looking real hard into emptiness.. Would be 100 percent exact, if there's a tongue poking out from the corner..
Lolol..what a caricature that would be!!
Marion, we are waiting patiently for THE pictures.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
7:27 PM

Post #5521066

SorryBJ-guess I started something-well, if you wanted, that would be an easy present for everyone-a couple pumpkins!!LOL Cheap to send too!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5521071

Marion is finishing her laundry then she will post pictures she said her camera is fully charged.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
8:23 PM

Post #5521248

Okay, the laundry can wait one more hour!! It has waited several hours already--days? weeks? uh might even be a month not sure anymore.

There is the first of the pictures for the extremely special keychain BJ made. The same picture has been made into a smaller charm for a necklace or bracelet (sp?) but was harder to photograph so just imagine the small but much smaller.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #5521254

,,and the other side of the charm. Yeap, these are my pride and joy, my laughter, my fun, my joy, my tears and my backaches all rolled into one!!!

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
8:26 PM

Post #5521258

BJ this will be the first time since 2001 I have actually felt like celebrating that day!! Thanks for the lovely thoughtful gifts!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
8:39 PM

Post #5521291

You are so welcome, I really enjoyed doing those.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
8:41 PM

Post #5521304

Very definitely a limit edition on all counts!!!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
8:48 PM

Post #5521331

How do you do dat?
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5521341

Well, Marion... not exactly a limited edition... more like a one of a kind... LOL

Debra... I transferred a photograph onto a polymer clay piece, and made a charm out of it.
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5521356

Ahem...Like Debra said, "How do you do dat?" 'grin'
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2008
9:00 PM

Post #5521360

LOL-nothing like detailed instructions there BJ!!LOL

Marion-that is wonderful!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5521369

Debra, I was thinking the same thing when I saw her response. Reminded my of one of the teachers I took quilting classes with. Give you all kinds of information but would leave out necessary item so we wouldn't pass on the information we learned ==that is is we didn't make notes during class--which I am bad to do!!

Way to go BJ!! LOL

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
9:14 PM

Post #5521406

How precious is that! Another BJWilson Original!!
Aww Marion, see what just joining DG could lead you to?

BJ, you're a craft miracle worker!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
9:21 PM

Post #5521427

Ok... here goes... you asked for it.

You take a digital photo, and print it on Epson Glossy Photo Paper (it's the only one that works with an ink jet printer for transferring onto polymer clay). Then you roll out WHITE polymer clay in a thin sheet, I used #3 setting on my Atlas pasta machine. Lay that sheet on a ceramic tile with parchment paper. Then you cover the clay with a thin even layer of Liquid Polymer Clay. Lay the photograph on the clay, picture side down, and burnish it... really really well... from the center out to the edges. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top, then another ceramic tile upside down on top of that... place your tile sandwich in the oven and set your temp at 275. When the oven is preheated, you start your timer for 20 mins. When the time is up, leave the tile sandwich in the oven to cool slowly... then remove, sand the cured clay (not the picture)... and polish.

Now, you know as much as I do.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
9:23 PM

Post #5521440

Oh, yea... forgot to say... you remove the paper off the picture... and the emulsion from the photo paper stays put.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2008
9:26 PM

Post #5521442

I think I've seen them do that on the Carol DuVall Show. She has a lot of guest who work with polymer clay. I don't see her show on as much as I used to. Does anyone know about it?
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2008
9:30 PM

Post #5521456

I love your work BJ!!!
Marion those charms are truly precious!

This message was edited Sep 7, 2008 5:30 PM
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #5521470

Thank you Kim... the exotic...
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5521607

I would love to make stuff like that. I tagged the instructions so I can find it if I ever get around to trying it.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
10:27 PM

Post #5521615

Cindy.. I was going to come back and respond to you, then got side tracked, and forgot... sorry.

Yes, I catch Carol Duval sometimes, and she does have some really talented guests that make those crafts look sooo easy... then when I try it, it's not so easy, and I give up. But, I do love to see some of the crafts she has explained on her show... kinda makes me crazy though, cause I just get antsy to try something else, and I'm way too deep into too many things already.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
10:29 PM

Post #5521619

Thank you for the details, BJ! That helps but I guess I require pictures - kinda slow here. In my mind the photo is sandwiched between two layers of clay and I can't figure out how the picture shows. Oh well, it was just curiosity. That's waaaaay too advanced for me. You really are talented.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #5521629

Debra... no... one layer of clay, one picture upside down on the clay... then sandwiched between two ceramic tiles with parchment paper next to the clay...

Guess ya got to be there... now that I think about it... it does sound confusing.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5521658

I am soooooooo tired. And sweaty and dirty. Couldn't stay out all day due to the temps but did get a lot done by taking short breaks in the AC. My three raised 4' x 8' veggie beds are now cutting and fragrance gardens. The veggies didn't work out so well. We have every pest known to man and they all find my veggies. Just today I either planted or transplanted into these three beds: jonquils, coneflower seedlings, lavender (did you know the foliage has a wonderful aroma?), TB iris, and daylilies. Later, some gladiolas, cannas, and rudbekia will be added in the beds or large metal tubs nearby. Hope it all pays off next spring and summer!

Oh, Deborah! I had a question about the Monarch cats on my butterfly weed. There are lots of them. They are still very small. Should I bring them in now or wait until they are a little larger? I got the butterfly cage out ready to add my host plants and branches. These guys could eclose and fly on down to Mexico this season, right? That always confuses me. (see above paragraph - easy to do)
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
10:40 PM

Post #5521664

I think I've got it, BJ! The clay and the photo are the hamburger and cheese. The ceramic tiles are the buns.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #5521674

Somehow, we're always back to food, no matter what the subject!! Lol!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
10:45 PM

Post #5521684

RIGHT... great way to put it... and the parchment paper is the mayo.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
10:49 PM

Post #5521698

Oh Debra that was very descriptive. Rest assured all the keychain and charm are very special items almost as special as the subjects in the photo. Thinking the smaller charm will go on my necklace with the ladybug their peepum gave me many, many years ago.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2008
11:08 PM

Post #5521775

That will be a very special necklace, Marion.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5521777

Indeed it will be!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2008
11:10 PM

Post #5521779

BJ, you did good!!! Marion still has a smile on her face, and she sounds very happy!
Linda Kay
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
11:11 PM

Post #5521787

I'm so glad she likes it... but ya know, LK... I think she's easy to please... just anything we send from the heart... she loves it.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 7, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5521800

Oh no someone has figured me for sure!!! Couldn't have said it better BJ. Anyone that takes the time to give of themselves is always special to me. Now having said that I feel bad I do purchase things but when I do loads of thought goes into it for sure. It has to be just right or no go!!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #5521824

I purchase things too... but the same here... it's got to be just the right thing... and usually something I want too...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2008
11:26 PM

Post #5521845

Same here, I don't know how many times I have purchased 2 of the swap items, because I liked it also!
Linda Kay

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2008
11:46 PM

Post #5521907

Phewww!! You all are talking of what I do best.. creative shopping!!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #5521969

Debra, on your question about the Monarchs to bring them in as small cats or wait for them to grow more. That depends on how much milkweed you have. If you have enough to cut stems every day for another week or two go ahead and bring them into the cage. If you might run out of fresh milkweed, then make a cage sock by taking about 1 or 2 yards of tulle fabric and wrap it around a fully branched mw plant. Let them eat and grow more then put them in a cage at 5th instar size and finish feeding them until they pupate. I've socked one of my plants due to time restraints. Hope this helps.
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 8, 2008
12:07 AM

Post #5521998

Anyone interested in more Iris? tee hee! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/900799/

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
12:43 AM

Post #5522140

Night/night girls...looking forward to starting another Monday in hopes my 'bud' and you 'all' receive your jars...
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
2:04 AM

Post #5522543

Thanks, Deborah. That does help. I don't have much of the plant. It's in a very small bedding area. Seedlings popped up all over the bigger bed but I pulled them. It needs to be moved to a larger area where it can reseed freely. I just happen to have a lot of tulle I bought for practice to see if I could make my DD's wedding veil. Will get on that tomorrow morning bright and early.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
2:20 AM

Post #5522616

Debra, keep us updated on how this is going. I am going to work harder (with Deborah's help, I hope) getting me more butterflies here.
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
2:26 AM

Post #5522640

I didn't get to mail my jar last week, I'll mail it tomorrow! Sorry it's late! The birdhouse goes out, too!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
2:41 AM

Post #5522701

Welcome home Audrey.
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #5522703

Thanks, BJ!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
3:16 AM

Post #5522843

Hello Audrey, how are you doing after your vacation? I have not seen you on here.
Hope you had a good time with the Sisters in Alabama? We heard stories, and looked at pictures. Wish we all could have been there.
Linda Kay
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
5:18 AM

Post #5523302

BJ you do some of the most beautiful work!!!! I loved the charms!!!! That is a clay project I haven't tried yet.( Laura that would be a good project for Sage to give mom and grandparents for Christmas! ) Someone mentioned Snowmen, have you done the little snowmen with bells for their body? I gave those to the DS and DB for Christmas a few years ago and they love them!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
9:29 AM

Post #5523466

No mailman yet???? lol...thought they started out early???
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:47 AM

Post #5523556

LOL Betty-yeah right!! They don't get out til like 10am!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 8, 2008
12:19 PM

Post #5523773

I usually have my mail by 10 a.m. Hope that is so today because I was told that my birdhouse is on it's way.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
1:02 PM

Post #5523892

Where is the coffee this morning? I am up before noon so I thought I would find coffee somewhere around here.
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
1:04 PM

Post #5523896

Mornin, on my last cup of coffee now, been up since 5 am and it is 8 am now.

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
1:05 PM

Post #5523902

i have coffee with bailey's in it for yopu marion
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008

Post #5523908

Good morning! Drinking my first cup of Cafe Francis. Doc said I need to cut down on the caffine. I did by caffine free diet cokes yesterday.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008

Post #5523909

good morning! You must be feeling better today, Marion.

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #5523913

morning ladies
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
1:10 PM

Post #5523925

Deborah, my caffine free/fat free/guilt free treat is a cup of Ovaltine in the evening. We only drink skim milk and the Ovaltine is caffine free. Also has calcium. Had it cold last night but love it hot in the winter time. Helps me sleep, too!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
1:17 PM

Post #5523957

Oh Debra, my yes, so much better. I think it was all the things that were going on around here the past 2 weeks. Ready to get some mega things done today for sure. Was up early enough to see the big blue come in to feed!! What a sight. Just wish I could get a picture some morning but when I open the door, he flies!!

Ooooh, I love Ovaltine!! May have to buy some next time I shop.

Deborah, understand about the caffine--love my "leaded" coffee when I get up but after noon--none, nada do cold turkey then!!!

Oh Kathy, thank you the coffee is perfect!! Hostess with the mostest for sure.

Hello Jaye, Guess BJ is still sleeping--we will let her this morning.

Joey, checking on you and Zeke.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
1:58 PM

Post #5524146

Morning sisters. Hope you all had a good nights sleep? Makes a difference when ya sleep good. Pretty cool here this morning. Only 75, and all my plants are doing the happy dance, cause they got fertilized.

Talk to you all later.
Linda Kay
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #5524181

Morning all you friends watching your mailboxes so intently... oh, the anticipation...

Yes, I slept in this morning... and it sure was nice... Don's been quiet as a mouse... and had coffee ready for me when I woke up... I"M SO SPOILED...

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
2:06 PM

Post #5524197

The way it should be, BJ.
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
2:11 PM

Post #5524220

There ya go, Kathy, givin' my Bailey's away! I knew I shoulda finished that bottle!
Ladies, she had a HUGE bottle of Bailey's waiting for me when I got there! Mmmm, good! Didn't put it in my coffee, though, didn't need it! Great coffee!
We ALL had a marvelous time!
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
2:12 PM

Post #5524231

Oh, BTW, did I say I got my glass jar? Beautiful! I'll post pix later!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
2:15 PM

Post #5524246

Come on Audrey, don't make us wait any longer. We have to have a picture. Who sent it to you?
Linda Kay
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #5524431

Kimarj sent it to me! I will send pix, but first I have to clean off a place to take the pix! And I still have stuff in my car to bring in! Have to find a place to pu that! Later, today, I promise!
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
4:34 PM

Post #5524776

Mornin', Laura drank most of, LOL my Baileys last night...she did leave me one good glass! But I had that after I took her home! Just wanted to check in before I leave...mon., Wed., and Friday mornings go to Curves with the MIL. Then one of DH,s customers gave him a gift certificate to one of our favorite lunch places so its fantastic Roast Beef and Bleu Cheese ...sandwiches for lunch ummm uummmm!!!

To quote my DH glad you are so Chipper this morning Marion! A little rest and some fun surprises does wonders for a persons out look doesn't it?

Joey hope you and Zeke are doing much better!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
5:04 PM

Post #5524895

Just after one, guess my 'swap' bud didn't get her parcel...those border people, guess they are taking a liking to my parcels..either they break them or keep them...lol

Just fretting because I hope they haven't been destroyed..one gets that with glass don't they...
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
5:29 PM

Post #5524988

Mailed BOTH MY SWAPS TODAY! If postage keeps getting higher, I'll have to quit the swaps! $17.95 for two light little boxes with confirmations! She said it was where I was sending them! I thought all postage rates were the same!
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
6:11 PM

Post #5525120

Here's what my buddy sent me! One is a "wall pocket" and the other half is a lamp, it has a tiny light inside that runs off a watch battery!

Thumbnail by Doe41

Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
6:16 PM

Post #5525136

Here's another shot! The little thingee between them is the light that goes in the lamp!

Thumbnail by Doe41

luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
6:17 PM

Post #5525139

Oh Stacey you bestest super special fairy you. I love you. OMG I am in tears these are so beautiful. When I get home I will take pics of them mom went to be with my great aunt and took her camera.

1st one I opened has a pin cushion on the top with colored ppens in it, and pretty colorful buttons around the jar and inside the jar, with a quilted pattern around the jar
. I just love it, but my fav is my rooster He is so perrty. There are tea bags inside, all kinds of different teas . And a bunny magnetic note pad with a recipe on it, I didnt bring my glasses so cant make it out. I cant make out what the 3 oz of lem pnd is.

The jars came intack nothing broken!!!!!!

I will post pics as soon as I get home. Again thank you they are so precious.

You did a wonderful job on them and I will cherish them forever.

OBTW, I love the colors.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
6:32 PM

Post #5525191

Yeee Haaaawww!!! The jars are starting to arrive. Audrey, those jars are so pretty!!! Kimarj, you are one talented girl!

Tia, I can't wait to see your pictures posted. They sound so pretty. Stacey do you have pictures of them?

Everytime I go to the post office I spend quite a bit, but I don't think I will stop the swaps. Too addicted, and way tooo much fun... I use the flat rate boxes when I know something is heavy, and I have to watch the post ofice, cause they don't see the flat rate logo, and try to charge me for regular postage.

Will be back later to check for pictures!!!
Linda Kay

luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
6:35 PM

Post #5525205

I will be heading to the house oh probably after 5 pm CST and can get pics, I am just a hop skip and a jump from my house, or until the sewing machine make me angry, which ever comes first. They are so cute I love them.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
6:40 PM

Post #5525221

She was a bit worried, told her they were absolutely lovely..thought she might have been joking around and I was getting them, boo hoo...Frustrated with my post office..should have been there today at the latest, but no, yet another day or so to wait!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
6:40 PM

Post #5525222

Audrey how cute. You really scored my friend.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
6:41 PM

Post #5525224

Audrey you lucky gal!! They are truly beautiful, love the hummer and is that a bee? Oh my..Kim.. you are awesome! So talented ..
okay the inevitable question.
How many jars did you break Kim, to get a perfect half jar?

Tia, Stacey sure poured out her sweat on those jars!
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5525405

I love them so very much. My rooster is looking at me as I type. He is so beautiful. Stacey sells herself short she is wonderful at crafts, she did an awesome job.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
7:33 PM

Post #5525422

Ok, I will add one more to the:

I got my jar today!!!

As I sit here munching on the jelly beans she included, I will tell you about my jar. Laura, I love my jar, and the no black jelly beans. Thank you so much. It is my favorite color purple, and the cute little mouse you made for decorations is so adorable!!!
Oh and the little handmade note cards are really precious as well. They have the same little mouse as the jar! I love my jar and note cards a lot!!!!!!
Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much!!!!

Thumbnail by taters55

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
7:40 PM

Post #5525449

Now Laura, how did you do that??
That is so precious!!
So you need more jelly beans for Christmas, LK!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #5525451

Whweeeeee! Such creativity here!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
7:42 PM

Post #5525454

Beautiful..well me and my swap are waiting patiently..lol..maybe she has me and I have she????

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
7:43 PM

Post #5525459

I will take jelly beans any time!!! Or chocolate!!!
LOL
Linda Kay
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
7:45 PM

Post #5525474

...you have to share the chocolate remember!!!! So I did chose the proper button for you after all didn't I?
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
7:46 PM

Post #5525475

I'm kinda curious too... how did you get that jar cut in half? Kim... please share !!!

Audrey.. those are awsome... I love the half jar one, and of course the lamp one is really nice too... I love lamps.

Tia... Stacey has been a nervous wreck about those jars... she fussed at me for making her do a jar craft... then she got a really good idea... wrestled with it... got Betty's help... asked my help... and she finally got something to pass her "perfectionist" inspection... bless her heart...

Well, just got home from the gro store, and I have to tell you girls... this has been one very expensive day for me... First, I got a ticket for speeding... then I "almost" got in a wreck... then I spent more at the grocery store than I've spent since my kids were all at home, the price of EVERYTHING has gone up... then, I sent Stacey's pumpkins to her... which really only cost under $3... so, that wasn't the worse part. The fix at my son's house that Don went to do required a tool that he didn't have... so, a Lowes run... and you know men, he can't get out of there with just what he went for...
I'm staying home from now on... sheesh.

Don just told me I got a box to open... be back with more info... *big grins*
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
7:49 PM

Post #5525488

Oh no a speeding ticket!! Almost a wreck. You had better stay home and let Don do the errands next time. I am afraid I am going to get one some day with the low speed limit through Midway. Major open highway and 45mph. Go figure!!

Hurry BJ, don't keep us waiting.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
7:50 PM

Post #5525490

OMG... LK... that's adorable...
Yes, Laura... please share your technique... looks like a polymer clay mouse, and jelly beans on top... but I can't tell for sure... I LOVE IT...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
7:50 PM

Post #5525495

Well don't just sit there show us some pictures!!! LOL
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
7:51 PM

Post #5525497

All of the jars are so cute!!!! Pleeeease...how do you cut the jar in half?!?!?!?...where do you get the little light?????

Laura will be so happy, she has been on pins and needles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry Tia we want to see yours too!!!!
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
7:54 PM

Post #5525511

Oh my goodness, Stacey did a wonderful job, I can not wait to have a cup of hot tea this evening, I am house sitting at moms,(will go back to my house in a bit to take pictures and get my jammies) and then come back to moms and be by myself here. I am going to spoil myself with a hot shower, Gosh you should all have a shower like moms, you can sit down in this thing. Watch girl flicks till I cry On LMN. Oh gosh I have to take care of the dogs, cats and the horses, Oh well such a hard life, I am going to eat this up.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
7:54 PM

Post #5525513

The little mouse looks like it made of copper sheeting or something like that.
It is so cute. I really like the gifts.
Still munching a jelly beans!!! LOL

Please tell us how you made the half jar????

Linda Kay
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
7:55 PM

Post #5525515

I have to wait tho, waiting on a phone call from mom.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
7:55 PM

Post #5525517

Tia, you are just to much!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
7:56 PM

Post #5525520

You can watch tv in the shower??? OH, how pampered is that!
Linda Kay
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
7:57 PM

Post #5525525

I am house/dog/cat/horse sitting so I get to spoil myself. And I am going to LOVE every minute of it.
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
8:00 PM

Post #5525531

well no not in the shower, but with a big screen tv in the living room. I am to busy doing other things in the shower than watching tv. Then it will be tea time and tv time. Mabe even a brownie.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5525536

other things ... shower ... I AM NOT GOING THERE!
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
8:06 PM

Post #5525552

good gosh getting clean and enjoying the hot water. What on earth were you thinking.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 8, 2008
8:08 PM

Post #5525559

LOL I wouldn't either.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
8:09 PM

Post #5525565

No comment on what she was thinking!!!

Linda Kay
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:13 PM

Post #5525581

Well, Ladies... seems as though LK loves me a LOT... she sent me 3 JARS... she told me that I can just pick the one I like... hehehe... but I LOVE ALL of them...

First, she decoupaged fabric on a quart jar and covered a shade to match... now, we all know how I love lamps... so, I guess I have to say, that's my favorite... now, isn't it so adorable?... I have just the place for it on my sun porch after the remodel, because that's the theme I want in there... but for now, it's going to live in my guest room.. and you get to enjoy it when you come to visit for the RU... *BIG GRINS*

Then, she glued a bunch of different shapes on a jar, hearts, moons, etc... and they catch the sun in my hall bath just perfectly... again, had just the perfect place for it.

THEN... check this out... she decoupaged a jar with what looks like a colage of pictures from magazines ... then she made some spice candle wax and poured it inside with a wick... now, that is just what I needed in my Master Bedroom...

So, LK... it's almost as if you've been to my house and sent me something for every room... I LOVE IT ALL...

(ps... I wasn't suppose to pick one and send the rest of them back, was I?)

Thumbnail by bjwilson

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #5525597

Gee after seeing all these jars, Jaye, you just might not get a jar after all!! Linda Kay how clever and so cute! BJ don't you feel guilty with all that cute stuff?
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:19 PM

Post #5525605

Yes, I really kinda do... they're really wonderful... and that picture really doesn't do them justice.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:21 PM

Post #5525611

BJ those are fantastic aren't they...she does love ya a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LK they are beautiful!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
8:21 PM

Post #5525612

Funny thing is, I don't think any of our pictures can really do justice to our gifts.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:24 PM

Post #5525620

Marion, I know that is true in my case, I need a new camera soooooo bad...maybe next month...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 8, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #5525626

How awesome!! LK...you did great...BJ...lucky you
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:26 PM

Post #5525635

Audrey, I agree with you on the postage. I can cut costs on the project by doing a lot of work, but itís hard to make postage cheaper. Weíre looking at flat rate boxes to help limit costs, but thatís all we could think of.

I really like your jars.

Kim, how did you make those? I didnít know you could cut jars that direction.

Linda Kay, Yeah! Iím so glad you like it. Other than idea consolation I canít take credit for the cards; I need to start making some, but that has always been mom's dept.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
8:34 PM

Post #5525665

No, don't send them back.
I made the first jar, with the glass bobbles, and thought it was too gawdy,(but it looks pretty with a tea light candle in it), so I then made the decopaged one, and just did not like the looks of it, so I made it a candle.
So then I made the lamp one, and was happy with that, so I mailed all 3 to you.
Glad you liked them.
Enjoy
Linda Kay

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
8:36 PM

Post #5525669

Beautiful, amazing what one can do with jars...would imagine that shortly this thread will close and we'll be moving on to another...would that be the birdhouse 'swap' for some of us...it's so much fun seeing what each has received...great ideas..
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:37 PM

Post #5525673

So, Laura... HOW did you do the jelly beans and mouse? what are they made of?
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:39 PM

Post #5525684

Well, dear LK... I love all of them... and they all have a place in my house...
THANK YOU... my friend.
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:44 PM

Post #5525696

Jaye, well to start with that one is a double repurposed jar. Itís a dip jar that mom had covered the lid in polymer clay. It originally had a penguin on top and was full of cocoa. She gave those out to everyone for Christmas a couple years ago. Due to my DSD the penguin was no longer attached. So when I was looking for jars I saw that one; Iíd wanted mom to do a top cover anyways and figured that would save her the effort.

Materials
1 jar
Polymer clay
Paint
Jelly Beans
Glue gun
Spray varnish
Copper (or other metal) sheeting
Rubber stamp
Ink
Stylus
Scissors
E6000 glue

1. Cover jar top in polymer clay, shape to desired look, bake.
2. Paint top desired color, let dry.
3. Attach jelly beans in desired arrangement using glue gun.
4. Cover well in spray varnish, let dry.
5. Take jar bottom, mark out stripes with masking tape.
6. Paint exposed area being careful not to get paint up in the threaded area, let dry well.
7. Carefully remove masking tape being careful not to pull paint up with it.
8. Take copper sheeting, stamp with desired design, be careful not to smudge it, dry well before doing anything else with it. Heat gun or hair dryer helps speed up this step.
9. Take stylus and mark around areas you want raised and emboss down areas you want depressed, turn over and emboss areas you marked as being raised.
10. Cut out design.
11. Paint details on copper design.
12. Attach copper to jar using E6000 glue.
13. Spay well with varnish, let dry.
14. Embellish with any other details.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
8:50 PM

Post #5525719

Tooooo cool... thanks Laura... what a really wonderful project.

Now, to hear from Kim on how she cut that jar in half... still waiting.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5525733

Laura, thank God for copy and paste! That jb jar is so doable. Will be perfect as Christmas gifts for the church kids.

Now BJ, aren't you blessed? That's lots of love in those jars there LK. I love them all!

Still wondering how Kim cut that jar in perfect half!

Okay.. letting my buddies know.. 3B, GlassJar and Critters.. I am in no hurry to receive my surprise..
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #5525895

I got my jars from Kathy!! She was too overly worried-I am ?? one of them-it is a fairy fart jar, but the thing in it looks weird and is kinda moldy-I am too scared to open it!!LOL Then I got a jar for the "get together" fund and some blue berry and peach jams!! ANd for the get together fund, she put some change in it and when I got the box it looked like it had been opened and it said"rattle OK"!!LOL Sorry, not the greatest pic... And the have fairies and daisies on them:) Than you so much-I know there is love and sweat behind them and what they contain!!

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
9:45 PM

Post #5525952

The just get better and better. Kathy what a perfect jar for Tinky for sure!!! I would never have thought to do that but it is oh so perfect!!!! Blue ribbon for Kathy for sure.

The perserves look wonderful. Tink invite me for breakfast!! Please, I'll even make the biscuits--whap kind!!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #5525957

Fairy farts. he he That's cute.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
9:49 PM

Post #5525967

If you come visit and make biscuits then it is on!!LOL!!

Glad Tia liked her jars even though she may just be being nice about the one...waiting for pics Tia-it is just about 5pm CST there lady!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #5525971

Bring 'em to BJ in May!!!! Or when you come for Disney
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
9:58 PM

Post #5525998

Yeah right-like there will be any left!!LOL Kathy'll make more next year:)
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5526005

Stacey... that thing in the Fairy Fart jar is a "fairy fart"... silly...
open it and see what it smells like.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:01 PM

Post #5526009

HEEELLLLL no-it looks like something is dead in there!!!!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:02 PM

Post #5526016

LOL... we'll I was just curious is she did what I suggested...
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
10:03 PM

Post #5526023

what's that? fart on a cotton ball and quickly put it in a jar?
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5526029

WHAT DID YOU SUGGEST-it isn't part of the dead chick is it!!!

She is getting more chicks & I finally get to name one:)
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5526033

NOPE... let's see if Fairy Nose can figure it out...
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
10:05 PM

Post #5526040

rotten egg?
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:05 PM

Post #5526041

Nuh-UH!!! I am not opening it til I know what it is-seriouslyu-it is like moist and looks kinda moldy in there-looks kinda like feathers too...

BJ-R U ignoring my d??
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5526044

You didn't show us a picture of the Fairy Fart Jar !!!!... get a close up...
reaaaaalllll cloooossseeee
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:07 PM

Post #5526048

No, I'm working on sumpin before I answer you... I will, I promise.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #5526064

OK-here it is from the side

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #5526067

ANd here is the bottom-is it poop??

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:17 PM

Post #5526080

If it is poop I am gonna be mad!! I wanted to use the jar and if it is something gross I don't know if I can/will:( It is such a cute jar...
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #5526086

Open it and smell it... then you'll know.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2008
10:21 PM

Post #5526089

Don't be mad no way it's poop .. but the suspense is killing me ; }
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
10:23 PM

Post #5526098

It is poop-I haven't opened it, but I know it is:( THat is sooo sad-I really like dthat little jar-I thought it was cute, and now...:( I am sad...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 8, 2008
10:27 PM

Post #5526120

Stacey, do you really think that Kathy would send you poop? Come on now, get serious.
santeelady
Santee, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
10:33 PM

Post #5526139

LOL!!!! You ladies crack me up ;o)
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008

Post #5526162

Come on Stacey. Be brave. Just unscrew the lid a liiiiiiiittle bit.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2008

Post #5526163

This swap is Awesome!! the jars are so beautiful and crafted with love : )

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
10:54 PM

Post #5526232

Could it be fairy dust or fairy food?
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:55 PM

Post #5526235

LOL... Fairy Breath... just open the jar... Kathy put a lot of love in that jar... even her chickens put a little love in it too... LOL
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
10:56 PM

Post #5526238

Dinner's ready... so, when I get back... I want to know what was in the jar... ok?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 8, 2008
11:08 PM

Post #5526293

Excited here, not sure what swaps but the post office box had 2 cards, imagine 2 cards saying there are parcels waiting for me...thank goodness I don't know where she lives because I'd be knocking on her door..need a fix, need a fix, open up so I can get my swap...

Working in the city I don't get home till 6:30 and post office closes at 5:30 so I marched right over to Bernice and Cliff's and asked if he could go to the post office and pick them up tomorrow...he saw just how excited I was sooo will do..he wanted to know if he should open them up and call me at work to let me know what 'treasures' I've received...nope said I, that pleasure will be mine...I'm visiting Starzz on Friday after work and won't get home till quite late so that meant I'd have to wait until Sat. - now that just wouldn't do...

SOOO not sure which 'swaps' are there but I sure am excited...now tomorrow will indeed be a long day...lol

I'll post this on all the 'swap' threads just so that whoever did send me a 'swap' will know that I'm just hours away from opening up my treasure..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #5526323

Come on Tinky, open the jar and take a whiff, then tell us what it is!!!! Don't make us wait!!!
Linda Kay
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #5526324

It is poop-you know it is BJ-it was your idea:( Now my cute jar is ruined:(
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5526361

Oh well-I guess I am glad tomorrow is trash day...oh well...my cute little jar ruined with poop:(
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #5526367

Tinky, listen to your Aunties now and just remember one little thing: Spring/Disney!!!

Open the jar!!!!
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:28 PM

Post #5526415

No-I called Kathy
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
11:28 PM

Post #5526416

BJ practically told us what it is - chicken farts!
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:30 PM

Post #5526425

Chicken poop
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5526431

ewwwwwwww

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5526451

Come on stacey, open the jar please?
It can't be that bad!
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:38 PM

Post #5526465

Why in the world would I want to open a jar that has chicken poop in it that has been in a hot box for a week and is starting to mold-seriously!!
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2008
11:39 PM

Post #5526468

send it to me i'll open it ; }
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 8, 2008
11:42 PM

Post #5526489

OK-I have your address-it will be in tomorrows mail!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5526539

LOLOL... so, you called Kathy, huh? That is just too funny...
Now, Stacey... dump the poop out in your flower bed (good fertilizer)... then rinse the jar, really good... even swish some bleach around in it... then run it through the dishwasher...
There's nothing wrong with the jar...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 9, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #5526568

LOL Well, I guess I was wrong. I can't believe someone would do that. Yea, chickie poo is good fertilizer. My mom used to have chickens and we would clean out the coop and put the chickie poo in our garden. Huge veggies!!!
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5526579

Your garden will love it!!!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
12:07 AM

Post #5526596

I guess you just had to be at Kathy's to understand the giddy ideas we came up with... that was actually one of the more sane ideas.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #5526624

ROFL!!
Kim, you still haven't disclose your trick in doing that clean cut...
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5526629

I'm glad ya liked my jar I used a wet/tile saw to cut the JARS lol! I stopped counting after breaking a few ; } the shape of the jar is what gave me trouble regular round one no problem just go slow. The light I made from a glass glob and a repurposed dollar store lighted rose..cut the stem off and epoxied the glob it to the base : )
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #5526641

I got it, busy but will get it posted later.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
12:28 AM

Post #5526683

Gotcha Kim... but that sounds really tricky to do with a wet tile saw. You're really good to be able to do that. Audrey, that's one special jar, ya know.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #5526718

Kathy those are really great! And will be even better if Stacey will just pleaaassse HURRY UP AND OPEN IT!!!!!!! We can't take the stress and suspense at our age!!!

Laura got hers, she just has to get rid of a house full of kids to get pictures and a shot at the computer...It really is great, I got to see it cause I was there when it came...wish our postman would come, must be a sub today cause they are reeelllllllaaay late.
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2008
12:36 AM

Post #5526719

OMG!! It just took me 30 minutes to read thru this thread!

I was laughing sooo hard my eyes were watering and I couldnt see to read! LOLOL! you all are just way too funny! (and mean! tee hee!)

I dont blame you for not wanting to open that jar Fairy! ROFLMBO!!

I received email confirmation that my buddy's jar was delivered today!!! I hope she liked it :oD and that it survived the USPS!

kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
12:37 AM

Post #5526729

Shucks Bj you making my cheeks hot = ) it was fun now I want to saw everything glass lol. If I ever get my kiln working watch out!!!
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #5526898

ok gals sorry i got into sewing and other things at moms. here it is, and NO Stacey I am not just being nice, I really really really really love the jars. Girls she has talent.

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000

luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
1:12 AM

Post #5526911

I just love my rooster, he is so pretty. The buttons will really come in handy. Stacey sweety you made a middle aged woman feel real special, thank you very very much. You are a very kind and sweet person. Thank you!!!!

kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
1:19 AM

Post #5526960

They are beautiful Tia!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 9, 2008
1:55 AM

Post #5527198

1AnjL my pkg. did arrive today, but I just spent so much time reading this thread and looking at all the beautiful jars. DH came in and asked who I knew in Freemont, since I have a cousin living there I thought it was from her. When he brought in the box I knew it was from my swap buddy. I got a large jar painted with flowers, lid was a dollie with a net scrubber inside. Inside the jar were so many great goodies. 3 more dollies, 2 bags of great smelling poporiue(spelling ??) a heart shapped pumice stone 2 more net scrubbers (I love to use them), 2 small bars of soap, small bottle of vitamin E beauty oil, lavender sachet, PLUS 3 jars of her home made jams & jellies, raspberry, strawberry and apple cinnamon. A card came with all these gooies saying she hope I would enjoy them.
I forgot about the cute candle and the lavender sachet. Had to make a list and I may still have forgotten something. Thank you so much, love everything.

All the jars are so great and I'm still feeling bad that my jar I sent to New York got broken. I just can't compete with so many talented people!!!!

Will post picture as soon as I can find where I put it. Hey, I am a very confused lady who will never remember how to work her computer.
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #5527214

oh yay!! i am so glad they arrived in whole pieces! lol!
I was afraid that the jellies would break and well, that would have been a big mess! LOL!

Hope you enjoy them :o)

Just wish my Birdhouses would show up on my buddies doorstep now!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
2:00 AM

Post #5527235

An open letter to my jar swap buddy:

FORGET IT!! Ain't gonna happen, no way, no how am I going to compete with this talented bunch. Just think I will drive myself into town tomorrow and buy you a jar of hummm, hot sauce? pepper sauce? just empty jars?

Signed: Your buddy

Y'all must think I am crazy to do a jar after all these wonderful things showing up. As I say: I maybe dumb but I ain't stupid!!! LOL
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
2:01 AM

Post #5527241

WOW... Pegi... do you feel loved?
Hurry and find that picture... I want to see.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
2:03 AM

Post #5527253

Now, Marion... don't be that way... sistah... you just send it, she will love it.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008

Post #5527268

Yes we do have a bunch of very talented ladies. You can try to make us believe you can't compete with what we've seen Marion, but I don' think any of us are buying it are we girls???
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008

Post #5527272

When I went to the mail box, the lock box was full a goodies for me and mom. She got her med's, O got presents. The mail man couldnt have fit another box in there, I was so excited, I got home same time hubby did and was carrying box's out of the truck, he asked what is that, I said Christmas for me. I have never felt so special before all these swaps are so fun, My first one was CIJ from Marion and will always cherish that. My second was house plants and my 3rd from this sway from Stacey.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
2:08 AM

Post #5527289

Oh Trisha, I am really not in this league with these crafts for sure!! Trying and learning but I am more comfortable with fabrics for sure. Will try believe me I will try.

Now wait a minute I might be on to something here: put all the messed up pieces and broken pieces togeher and call it hummm have to think on a name.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 9, 2008
2:09 AM

Post #5527300

Tia, are you going to show us your CIJ gift?
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
2:14 AM

Post #5527317

Marion I guess it is like me with my seeds and plants and cuttings...We all have to start somewhere!!! But don't we have fun tryin'?!!
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2008
2:16 AM

Post #5527323

Marion... this swap was one of the easier ones for me!

and NO I didnt PAINT the flowers on the jar... I cheated :o) used velium stickers!

You all were talking about paints and finishes and I thought, uh oh! i am out of my league here! nver have I painted on glass before... didnt want to put all that hard work into it and have it all wash off! lol!

Tried to buy etching cream to etch a nice floral design,,, I couldnt find etching cream anywhere!! even went to my high end paint place...no luck! so I settled for the stickers and compensated with all the goodies inside :o)

Samigal really lucked out cause I had just learned to make all those jellies and jams! happened to have a few dozen jars full of jellies on hand to help fill the box :o) I hope you like the apple cinnamon jelly, that's my personal favorite :oD teehee!
luvs2garden2000
(Tia) Norman, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
2:18 AM

Post #5527335

yes I can let me find the pics, Marion did a great job with it all.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
2:20 AM

Post #5527346

Stacey's a craft savant ;)
Marion puhleeeeeeeeez if I can swing it... you can too. Just ask BJ.. the numerous dmails that passed between me and her, unsure of myself.
I am in no hurry to get my jar.. take your time dear Marion!
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
2:22 AM

Post #5527354

I have been in and out, on the phone, have to go out again...did Stacey ever open the jar?!?!?
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2008
2:24 AM

Post #5527374

I dont believe she did :(

there is a 'chicken fairy' on another forum here...teehee!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 9, 2008
2:30 AM

Post #5527404

I agree with Marion, I just can't compete with all this talent.

It sure looked like you painted flowers on the jar, love it regardless. I'm so glad I got to try your jams & jellies. I probably will love them all. I just happen to love anything with apple in it and do love cinnamon. Can't wait to try it. I will be more than glad to received surprised boxes in the mail. LOL

Well, I found my pictures so I'm ready to post, I hope...

Pegi

Thumbnail by Samigal

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
2:33 AM

Post #5527418

Anjl, you can make a fortune selling your jellies online.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 9, 2008
2:38 AM

Post #5527491

I think I will post another picture of my jar swap because I just think it is so easy once you find where your pictures are in the computer.

Thumbnail by Samigal

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #5527492

Neat things Samigal.

Oh please everyone--I'm not about to drop out of these swaps!! I just am constantly amazed at all the talents that seem to keep showing up. You had better bet you bottom dollar I am going try doing some of these things for sure.

I have already tried drilling in a canister to make it into a planter--worked but just haven't tried my hands at painting or glass cutting. or, or , or You get the picture. I am pretty good at being bossy--that count? LOL Where is Jojo when I need her?

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 9, 2008
2:43 AM

Post #5527510

Times like this I do miss the talents of my mom. She could do everything and anything and I have a cedar chest of all things she made over the years. Just wonder where I was when they passed out talent to my siblings.

I'm almost finished knitting a blanket for my first great grandson, so learned something along the way.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
2:52 AM

Post #5527556

How I envy you for knowing how to knit. I did a blanket for my first granddaughter and am working on the second one's blanket now. Good thing I didn't do it before she was born as she doesn't like pink--lellow is her color!! Mine are crocheted.
kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5527597

I will say it again this swap is awesome!!! Very lovely goodies Samigal. Anjl you just had a few dozen jars on hand...you go girl!!!!
1AnjL
(AnjL) Fremont, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2008
4:49 AM

Post #5528009

Samigal, I just taught myself to crochet this past winter :o) was able to make an entire layette for my first DGS. When I started the jar project, I had envisioned crocheting the doily for the jar top...my mom can crochet one of those in an hour! I set out to do it...and nope! LOLOL! thank goodness for craftstores and premade doilys! LOL!
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
5:02 AM

Post #5528044

Ok, I'm so busy tonight I'm not sure I'll really get on DG, but here are pictures of my jar.

Here is what Debra (fleursdefouquet) sent me. It started out as a tobacco and pipe holder. She was going to make a cosmetics holder (make-up brushes holder with cotton balls and Q-tips) but since she was talking to mom she found out I "didn't really wear make-up", honestly I wear make-up maybe twice a year and even then it's just cover up, lipstick and eye shadow. So, she changed it to a desk set. The jar is full of paper clip, rubber bands, eraser, mark out, glue, those 1/4 post it note for putting in books to remind you of important quotes, and probably a few things I haven't noticed yet.

Debra, I don't normally like yellow, but this does just seem to want to be yellow, and what I like most is things that seem comfortable with themselves and their place. I do have use for everything you sent.

Thumbnail by zhinu

zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
5:06 AM

Post #5528052

Here is where I put it, on my "don't touch my stuff" table; otherwise known as an end table.

Thumbnail by zhinu

zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
5:09 AM

Post #5528059

Debra also sent Sage, my DSD, pencils. Here she is using one.

Thumbnail by zhinu

zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
5:10 AM

Post #5528062

This is why I took that picture, this was the best one while she knew I was taking one, but it does show the pencils, sort of.

Thumbnail by zhinu

zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
5:14 AM

Post #5528069

Now I need to go and fill out and go through the huge pile of papers you see on top of my computer. The picture of Sage was taken before I got the room straightened and my laundry dealt with, so please excuse the mess. My ankle isn't healed, but good enough I could do some house work today. DH has been trying to keep up with it, but he does work full time.

Maybe I'll get on later and try to catch up on some of my threads.

Thumbnail by zhinu

zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
8:20 AM

Post #5528227

Kids were only the beginning of my day, since mom posted I cleaned the kitchen (clutter, I wanted to do a bunch of cooking today, but didnít get to it), straightened the living room, Talked to my neighbor and mother of day care kids for a half an hour, got Sage, DSD, fed, bathed and in bed, Filled out 10 forms for school (went through more, it took me over 2 hours) and took pictures of my jar. Youíve seen what Iíve posted since I went back to bed this morning. I am so far behind on DG; Iím at least 4 days behind on most my watched threads (donít you feel special that even with having no time on here the last several days Iíve made time to listen and talk to you gals), not to mention new threads. I've finally caught up on here, I wish I could say the same thing for DG. I will be going to bed soon, just finishing a beer.

Well with all the farting conversations centered around Stacey and she now has fairy farts, would that make her the toot fairy?

Jaye, glad I could help.

Marion, donít feel that way, you know that any of us would love whatever you made because you made it, and Iím sure you are more talented than you think.

Sami, Iíve knitted socks, mom and I took knitting classes earlier this year. I just donít have time for everything Iíd like to do. Mom knitted quite a bit.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2008
9:58 AM

Post #5528289

OK-I did NOT open the jar once I was told it was poop!! And I can't put it in the dishwasher-it has stickers and fabric on it that the dishwasher wouldn't be kind too-maybe Kathy will just have to make it up to me and send me an EMPTY fairy fart jar:)

Tia glad you liked it all-I was LOL though-I didn't mean to send the recipe!!LOL Can you please post it so I can rewrite it down-it is for a Lemon Loaf Cake!! My original plan was a vaery frilly one done in chocolate, ivory and a sea/mint green and then a butterfly one-but once got you I had to change my whole idea-wished I had modge podged the paper, but as long as you like them-that is all that counts:)

Pegi & Laura-those are lovely!! You ladies hit the mother load!!

Laura-then what kind of colors do you like??

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
10:03 AM

Post #5528299

k, BJ. i hope you're happy getting me in trouble with stacey. you too siser jaye.
stacey dear, auntie kathy will make it up to you, i pinky swear. please forgive me!
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2008
10:17 AM

Post #5528319

I do-shame on the others-telling me to open it when they knew it was poo!!

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
10:19 AM

Post #5528322

i know.they are soooo mean. i would never think of something like that on my own.
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2008
10:22 AM

Post #5528327

I know-you are way to sweet for that;)

BJ-I am not on dial up and this is loding slow for me-can we get a new room?? A poop free room??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 9, 2008
10:29 AM

Post #5528343

Morning, pray the Lord that my swap get hers today and enjoys it as much as you all are...what treasures you've received...lucky you...

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
10:30 AM

Post #5528347

Betty, can bird seed be sent to canada? will it go threw customs
Fairy1004
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2008
10:32 AM

Post #5528349

Betty-psst-poop isn't a treasure!!LOL

Tante Jaye-you are in trouble-I have heard that you were BJ's partner in crime!!!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
12:16 PM

Post #5528490

Good morning! Stacey not all of your aunties were in agreement about that geniea poop. I knew you had a weak stomach, Staceypoo. A chewed up tooties roll would have been better sweeter?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
1:20 PM

Post #5528679

What did I do??????
I didn't say nuthin and I wasn't there when Kathy's Congress decided to do that to you Stacey :D (I would have been kinder, and suggested some guinea bones, they make good fertilizer and no smell)

Debra, I would never thought of repurposing a tobacco humidor! Maybe I don't have the brain power! But that is too cute. Great job!
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
1:38 PM

Post #5528731

Oh, puuulllleeeaaaassseee... Katny, I didn't hold a gun to your head... and it wasn't like I had an original idea or anything... it's been done before... maybe not to our fav niece... but I'm sure someone has done it sometime... ok, I'm sorry... hanging my head in shame.

New room in a minute... I'm being a little slow this morning.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 9, 2008
1:44 PM

Post #5528768

Here's a new poop free room... let's try to keep it that way...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901358/
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2008
1:59 PM

Post #5528830

Laura, that was fast! Glad you got it and all in one piece. After all that fretting about what to make out of it, I go and paint it yellow! Could have kicked myself. It was the 'back to school' theme that prompted yellow. Hope Sage likes her pencils. She sure is cute in her bike helmet. How did you hurt your ankle? Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Jaye, the pipe holder/humidor were discovered at a flea market marked 'toothbrush holder'. ??? But it made me start thinking of ways to use it. I thought the glass had a pretty ribbed design to it and didn't want to cover it up.

The jars are really coming in now, aren't they? Whee! This is fun seeing what everyone got and all the creative ideas. That is one handsome rooster! Good job, Stacey. The pin cushion was a great idea. 1AnjL, the velum stickers made a gorgeous jar. It almost looks 3-D in the photo. All these homemade jams and jellies. Yum! There is nothing more 'from the heart' than gifts prepared in someone's kitchen.

Slept in 'til 8am this morning - very late for me. I over did it outside yesterday lifting heavy pots and hauling dirt. Paying for it today with back/neck pain and a headache caused by a misaligned neck (should know better after having chronic neck problems for 20+ years but, nope, don't seem to learn my lesson). Also had an emotionally draining evening. Just as it was getting dark I heard both dogs barking and looked out in time to see a shadow (Woody) crawl under the fence and run towards the woods. I knew he was chasing something but didn't know what. Called and called but, of course, he didn't return. Then discovered what they were barking at - a whole pack of coyotes on the hill next to our property. They were howling and screaming like I've never heard before. It was so frightening! They were in some kind of coyote frenzy. I got so upset thinking they had surrounded Woody and were attacking him, tearing him to shreds. I was crying and crying but kept calling him. Then, a few minutes later, here comes the stinker - running back, scooting back under the fence and running up to his water bowl to get a big drink. He was wet (had been in the pond or creek), thirsty, tired and very happy for himself for going on a 'big adventure'. I could have rung his ever lov'n little neck.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 9, 2008
2:03 PM

Post #5528851

Shucks, now why didn't I think of that...of course that would be the logical thing to do wouldn't it, that's probably why I never thought of it...good thinking...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
3:37 PM

Post #5529297

What a clever idea with the humidor Debra. Never in a million years--well maybe in a million years. Love it for sure.

Tinky, atleast you know I wasn't involved with the Fairy Fart Jar. I was good this time for sure--and yes, I am afraid I have done worse when I was younger to some snooty city friends!!! I lived in the country (loved it for sure) and everyone would gather on the weekend for cook outs (city friends thought I was just a bumpkin til the weekend of course). One time, feeling somewhat devilish shall I say, I walked through the cow pasture. Yeap, sundried, small looked like roasted marshmellows for sure in the dark!!!! Yes , I did for sure!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 9, 2008
3:59 PM

Post #5529369

Think Mrion we all did something similar...was a girl in the office when I worked for American Express, she was wicked, girls that I managed all complained so one day she had the runs, yep, so to this day don't think they know who did it...someone...ahum...went and lifted the seat and put saran wrap around it...not a pretty sight when she made her next visit...
joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5529380

Now you girls REALLY have imagination!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5529381

Oh not that bad I wasn't for sure!! Do remember Senior Day where the fresham had to bring goodies for the Seniors. Fudge with an ingredient change does wonders for some with noses in the air--shall I say. Nope, not me what ever made you think I would do that?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
4:03 PM

Post #5529385

I have been told that was many things but never using my imagination for sure. I called it revenge!!! Funny things is--that is the group that has stayed in touch lo these past 50 years. Oops did I just tell my age? Oh well can't hide it so just roll with it.
joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
4:58 PM

Post #5529643

Marion, we all know how old you're going to be in just TWO days time! :-)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5529659

Ah hummm, think you have me confeseded with some one else for sure. LOL Age is only numbers, it's what you do or don't do that ages you for sure!!! Having said that, I need to go take some aspirins for sure.
joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #5529678

I stopped at my Dad and Mom's on the way home from work last night. A couple from their "court" stopped in to see how he was doing. The gentleman, had very slurred speech and seemed so much older than the woman. After they left, Mom said they were both 90. Oh my...I would have guessed her in her 60s for sure. I guess she likes to walk as well as my dad. Probably didn't hurt that her hair was Ash blonde instead of white either!
Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #5531432

Joyce, I walked all my life, played in the woods, rode down brush piles, singing at the top of my voice! I walked to school every day. When we went to my parents house, my sister would traipse through the woods by their house. I love walking! I'm going to try to walk a little to build up my strength for the visit to BJ's in May! It just hurts so much to stand and walk! But I'm gonna do it!!
zhinu
(Laura) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 10, 2008
2:56 AM

Post #5532127

Stacey, cool colors generally; blue, green and black are my favorites. My DHís colors are Burgundy like reds and tan. Most of our personal stuff is in one of those colors. I like the dark or blueish purples, dark reds and rich or light browns. Natural colors are always good. Iím not fond of yellow, orange, bright red, or gold, but there are exceptions; I really like the yellow office supplies holder that Debra sent me in the jar swap. I do love bright red flowers; here is my favorite flower I own right now. I have a pair of gold moon earrings and watch necklace I love. I really like the duck picture mom made, hanging over the fireplace in the pictures I posted on Sweet Interruptions, of sunset in orange and yellows with black ducks and trees. Ladybugs must be bright red and black. So, I guess what Iím saying is if you are choosing between colors blue and green are the best options, but just pick out what seems right.

Iíll take the chicken poop if you donít want it.

Debra, about a month ago I was at a friendís house, at night. I got upset at a couple people there and so, as to not start and incident, I walked off to cool down. My DH and host were in the front yard having an important conversation, the people I was upset at were on the porch, other people were inside. At the back side of the property there was a line of trees at the top of a hill, so I figured I push through the trees and look out at the hillside, etcÖ unfortunately the hill started at the tree trunks. I slid about 10í down a blackberry covered hill. Sprained my ankle fairly bad and got all scratched up. Itís healing very slowly and itís really easy to set back the healing process, so Iíve been trying to take it super easy.

My DH is the same way with the neck/back pain. Heís had chronic back/neck pain since he was young, but he still does things that arenít good for him.

Marion, Sage doesnít believe that Iím still a teenager sometimes. I keep trying to explain to her that itís not how many years youíve been on the planet but what you are inside.
bjwilson
Kemp, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 10, 2008
3:03 AM

Post #5532161

Hey girls... please join us in the new room... we're all waiting on you.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901358/
joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 10, 2008
3:22 PM

Post #5533745

BJ, be safe. That Ike looks awfully close to where I think you are!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America