Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring: Platycodon in Zone 6

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the SpringReplies: 2, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Patches001
Toronto
Canada

September 8, 2008
7:50 PM

Post #5525491

Hello Carrie, I really liked your article. I am wondering if I can plant this Platycodon in Zone 6? I am in Toronto and am a balcony gardener. Thanks in advance, Patches.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 8, 2008
8:06 PM

Post #5525551

Thank you, Patches. So you'lll be growing it a container? I don't know . . . I've never done it. When you grow perennials in containers, the containers need to be bigger, and the plant needs to be hardier than you would otherwise expect, as the earth is not acting as an insulator. With platycodon you should be ok.
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #7123140

Why not give it a try, Patches. I have some Platycodons who reseed themselves all over, even in nearby pots. I just pull up the ones in unfortunate places and let the others fight it out with the local flora.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fall is for planting, fer sure vossner 7 Sep 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Gladiolus bulbs Gisforgran 11 Aug 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Fall is for planting CHOOD 7 Sep 9, 2008 9:09 AM
thank you Carrie! JacalynFromCanada 1 Sep 9, 2008 9:22 AM
Fall planting TreeSteward 3 Sep 10, 2008 8:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America