Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros: When I worked at a vegetarian restaurant

Communities > Forums > Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros
bookmark
Forum: Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of HabanerosReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #5525965

the cook, Todd, was making an Indian dish with some very hot peppers. He wore gloves, but it soaked through, and after he took them off he wiped his upper lip with his finger, and got the hot pepper juice on his lip. It got all swollen and red, and he had tears running down his face. I kept telling him to give himself a milk mustache, or put some sour cream on it, and for the longest time, he wouldn't, thinking I was pulling a prank on him. There was a window between the kitchen and the eating area, and he thought I just wanted to make him look silly! I finally convinced him I was serious, and it did give him a lot of relief. I also brought him some aloe from a plant in the dining area, and that helped, too. I felt so bad for him--he was just miserable! I've treated hot peppers with extreme respect ever since!

Can't wait to try your recipe with all the habaneros DH grew. He loves hot sauce!

Angie

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 8, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5526000

I've done the "sour cream mustache" thing! *ouch*

Have fun with your habs, but be careful!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Some Like It Hotter! Making Caribbean Style Hot Sauce from Heaps of Habaneros Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Running for the fire extinguisher!! KyWoods 5 Sep 4, 2008 2:33 PM
Hot, hot, hotter! p1mkw 6 Sep 4, 2008 8:07 PM
I like this! 4paws 4 Sep 4, 2008 7:55 PM
I like this also as I have lots LavinaMae 3 Sep 4, 2008 5:56 PM
recipe flowAjen 2 Sep 9, 2008 1:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America