Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring: thank you Carrie!

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the SpringReplies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JacalynFromCanada
north of Calgary, Ca
Canada

September 9, 2008
4:57 AM

Post #5528026

I also have two exhausting teenagers still at home :-)
and I'm brand new to this site. But I'm wondering if I can plant perennials in the fall this far north?
(abt. an hour north of Calgary, Canada)
I was maybe going to get brave and plant tulips :-) so that tells you what a newbie I am

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2008
9:22 AM

Post #5528270

Oh, certainly you can still plant tulips for a while yet; tulips you can really plant right up until the ground freezes. They grow more on the stored energy in the bulb than on the root development. Thanks for stopping in!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fall is for planting, fer sure vossner 7 Sep 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Gladiolus bulbs Gisforgran 11 Aug 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Fall is for planting CHOOD 7 Sep 9, 2008 9:09 AM
Platycodon in Zone 6 Patches001 2 Oct 1, 2009 2:04 PM
Fall planting TreeSteward 3 Sep 10, 2008 8:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America