Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Weather: Sept. Daily Weather, Part II What's happening in your yard?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 174, Views: 1,403
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 11, 2008
1:02 AM

Post #5536212

Lots of action this month!

Clear and Cold this morning here.
It finally warmed up to near 80 by afternoon...

I got buzzed by the TV's here at work today AND I happened to have my camera w/ me..

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Click the image for an enlarged view.

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 11, 2008
1:15 AM

Post #5536273

Henry10

It must be hawk/raptor time. I had two red tailed hawks sitting on our power line this AM. They were stretching and preening in our early morning sunlight. Temps were low 50's. Beautiful day with temps eventually climbing into the low 70's/ Blue skies...puffy white clouds.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2008
1:28 AM

Post #5536342

Hi! Well, I made it back. Such a pleasant day! The high was a very comfortable 73 w/ a really nice breeze! No skeeters today! ;) I spent the evening watching JW take his 1st steps! Sorry, I didn't get any pics. I was too busy trying to get him to walk to me! :D I took him next door to DB's to show off & that he did! He would pretend to walk to my DB & would veer & go to my SIL. We had an absolute hoot! Emily is at work, sooooo you know I had to call her! ;)

Pajonica, Welcome! Yes, we love hearing about other places of the world. So feel free! :D
Ric thanks for the new thread...Great Shot!
Se_eds, Our resident Red Tail was 'talking' all afternoon.
Marsue (Rose Queen), thanks. Ooooo, That is a Gorgeous Rose! Wow! A neat bit of info there. I had to learn all of those things on biology, chemistry, & again in Tech Math. It's not too bad, if you can remember it! ;)
Marylyn, What a beauty! Mine don't do very well...as I have very poor soil where mine are planted. :( I have been watching Ike some today. I hope that you stay safe, cuz 'they' say that he may go any where. :-O
Celia, Gorgeous! MG! Is that a wild one? My white one looked like that one last year. Their colors vary from one year to the next. Mother Nature is so neat! ;)

The trivia for the day is...
What is St. Elmo's Fire? (not the book, song or movie :)
a) A TV show
b) An electrical discharge
c) A historic event
d) An optical illusion

Nite All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #5536727

Oh! I know this one as Darrell is a Navy man! LOL B!

That's so cool that JW is walking now! So exciting! Now he'll be everywhere. The MG is from some seeds that were sent to me before the new year. I think they're beautiful. I'm going to try to collect seeds and put them elsewhere in the gardens.

Yup, raptor time. The migrations are starting. Nice shot, Ric.

An education is why most of us came to DG in the first place and boy, am I glad I did!

Tonight about 20 minutes ago.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2008
9:22 AM

Post #5537343

We received 2 of rain yesterday from Ike. The plants loved it. Funeral today, will be back some time this evening.

Gary starts chemo again next week. His port is being installed tomorrow because his veins are collapsing. But other than that he is doing very well.

Joey You have some beautiful MGs
Marsue I just found a concoction called Squirrel Away that I started putting in the bird feed. Ill let you know if it works. Beautiful sunsprite
Marylyn Rose of Sharon is a beauty
Pajonica Welcome to the thread!
Celia Congrats on the rain, I know your plants loved it. Your MG is very pretty. Beautiful sky!
Ric Nice start picture.
Joey B on the trivia. Love that yellow! JW is walking! YAY! Pictureswe need pictures!

79 F / 26 C - :P I really can't wait for Fall to begin...
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 77 F / 25 C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the ESE
Pressure: 30.02 in / 1016 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1800 ft / 548 m
Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly cloudy with numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 88. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

NOID rose

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2008
2:13 PM

Post #5538101

That's a gorgeous photo, Ric!!

What a neat sky, Celia.

LOL at JW veering to your SIL, Joey! How funny... :-) I also say B to the trivia.

That's a beautiful rose, too, Sharon.

Sidney, I missed you in the chat room. We are not evacuating at this point. We are not in the parts of town that will be under a mandatory or suggested evacuation, and they would prefer people who don't HAVE to go, to stay off of the roads. I don't blame them. We are, of course, watching the maps VERY carefully. If the storm ends up heading straight for us, we may head up to dh's sister's house. We haven't really talked about it yet. Charles went shopping last night and we have plenty of no-cooking-necessary food and flashlight batteries, in case the power goes out. I'm freezing baggies of water to keep the freezer full and cold. He also bought a bunch of bottled water, so we'll be fine as long as a tree doesn't fall on the house or a tornado doesn't come through. Some things you just can't plan for. :-) The little bunny's school hasn't said that they are canceling for tomorrow yet. The storm won't come ashore until late Friday night/Saturday morning, so they really don't need to cancel. We'll see. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:53am CDT (15 min ago)
Temperature 82 F 28 C
Dew Point 73 F 23 C
Humidity 74%
Pressure 29.92 in 1013.1 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir E 90
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Heat Index 88 F 31 C

Today Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 70s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks Peak Wind: 28 kts from 110 (13:01 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 73.9F / 23.3C

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2008
5:31 PM

Post #5538970

Whatever you decide to do, Marylyn, we're all keeping you in our thoughts.

Thanks, Sharon. This is my first year with the MGs and I love them! My only experience has been with the lesser liked ones that are a pest. We used to have those EVERYWHERE! Ugh...hate those.

I'm curious how Adina is doing with her move in.

Rann hasn't been here lately, either.

62F with 70 for today. Quite a change from 90's and 100's last month. We got a liitle more rain but it's clear and sunny this morning.
Feels like: 62F

Barometer: 30 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36
Humidity: 38%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph WSW
Sunrise: 7:05 AM
Sunset: 7:41 PM
UV Index: 6 Moderate

My favorite thing I've ever found in my gardens.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2008
5:47 PM

Post #5539030

Rann is on vacation, isn't she? Awww... Is that your dh? Mine is sweet, too. ^_^

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2008
6:00 PM

Post #5539077

Yup, that's him. I forgot Rann was going on vacation.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2008
12:39 AM

Post #5540479

Joey: I guess B - electrical discharge.
Marylyn: Stay safe! I hope the hurricane does little harm.

It was a pretty sticky day today, but not too hot. Threatened rain all day with some very black clouds at times, but notprecip.

This is on the banks of the Edisto R. not far from here.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #5540520

Evenin' All! It was (again) another gorgeous day, altho the clouds rolled in this afternoon. There was a 50% chance of rain, but we never saw a drop. Other places in the area had some significant rain, but...at least someone got the wet stuff. :)

Marylyn, My thoughts are ever with you. I pray you & your family stay safe. Take care. I have a 1st cousin that lives in Houston...he is evacuating. He's going to his mom & dads in Newton KS.
Celia, What a 'cutie'! I can't get mine to pose at all. I have to catch him when he least expects it. ;) You are certainly good at taking sunset pics! :D
Sharon, thanks. Sorry to here about Gary's veins, but with a port he only has to be 'stuck' the one time. I had just assumed that he had one, already. btw...Beautiful Rose! :D
Deb, WOW! Gorgeous! pic! What kind of trees are those? Neat-O

The answer to the trivia is...B
St. Elmo's Fire is a bright electric discharge that is projected from objects when they are in a strong electric field, such as during a thunderstorm.

Nite All!
Joey

(here he is! he has a little 'side step' goin' on)

Thumbnail by music2keep

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2008
12:56 AM

Post #5540563

Joey: Look at him go!! :) (Those are cypress trees.)
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2008
2:30 AM

Post #5540930

62 here tonight with rain moving in by morning. The 10 day forecast calls for rain through Monday followed by 6 dry days with highs in the upper 60's.

Joey...Good size and lateral movement. Looks like a WVU defensive end to me!

Photo: Latest addition...

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2008
5:27 AM

Post #5541647

Another gorgeous day! I spent the morning outside and then it was off to work. I always make a point of getting outside for, at least, a few minutes every day.

I went back and found that my MG is "Milky Way". Still tattered but getting better. Others are coming on.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2008
5:28 AM

Post #5541649

JW is the cutest little guy. Such a smile he has!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2008
10:02 AM

Post #5541891

Marylyn I heard this morning that Ike is not only heading straight for Houston, but may develop into a Cat 3 just before landfall. Please be careful.
Celia Your favorite thing is wearing such a nice shade of blue!
Deb Beeeyouteeful picture!
Jeoy Garys incision where they originally removed the one has never fully healed because they had to remove the lymph nodes in the area. The skin doesnt have anything to adhere to be able to scar over. The doctors didnt want to install a port due to the risk on infection, but the have no choice at this point. The last time I took Gary for chemo it took 45 minutes to get the iv in. theres our Big Boywhat a cutie pie!
E_B The garden is looking great! I cant wait to see the finished product (like they are ever truly finished)!

78.3 F / 25 C
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 76 F / 25 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h
Pressure: 29.99 in / 1015.5 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 82 F / 28 C
Clouds: Few 1500 ft / 457 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy with chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. High 88. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

I just looked outside and see we received some rain!

Sorry Kiska - I just noticed the lizard!

This message was edited Sep 12, 2008 10:11 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #5542217

Don't look, Kiska!!!!

Good morning. :-) It's beautiful outside right now... sunny and breezy. There is a window next to me, and I opened it a crack because I kept hearing wind/airplanes/really loud cars and I wanted to see what it was. I think it is news helicopters flying around. Seems silly to waste the gas! Nothing at all is happening here yet. I hear the storm surge water has topped the sea wall in Galveston. The sea wall is 17 feet high, plus in most places there is a beach, so that's a lot of water!

DH is at work, but he's expecting they will get out early. His boss (who just happens to also be his brother-in-law) has to drive quite a way to get home, so I don't think he'll wait until things are too bad. Right now they're moving computers, etc., off of the floor.

We have everything ready on the outside. I need to finish up the laundry, fill a bunch of buckets with toilet-flushing water, change out the kitty litter boxes, and get our new battery-powered radio set up. We have lots of bottled water and lots of nonperishable food. If the power goes out, I'll call Sharon and/or Ric. :-)

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 12, 2008
1:43 PM

Post #5542321

Great opening pic of the TV, Ric! Looks as if 'he' was right on top of you--you must have a really good camera--not that the photographer has anything to do with it--LOL!!
Joey: pretty yellow flower/ Hooray--JW is walking! Now you'll not get any rest for chasing him around! LOL It's been too long since we have had a JW "fix". We need them more often! :o))
Celia: gorgeous sunset! Pretty MG, too. Great pic of Darrell--Pau won't smile when he knows you are taking his picture which makes it seem as if he is somewhat angry even when he isn't . Oh, well--that's my man! LOL
Deb: love the pic of the river and the cypress trees--very serene looking (also "snakey"--reminds me of some of the river scenes in southern Arkansas which are also snakey-- water moccasins!)
EB: love the "window"--very colorful! I want a garden like yours! LOL
Sharon: sorry to hear about Gary's veins--A port will make it easier for him, hopefully. Very pretty NOID rose. Looks somewhat like my Chrysler Imperial in color. Another good pic of the anole and the hummer (You should write a poem about those two!)
Marylyn: praying that you and your family and the others in your area will be safe!

It is absolutely gorgeous here at the moment. Not a cloud in the sky and currently 75F. However, this will change starting tonight with increasing cloudiness and higher rain chances. Ike is supposed to come directly across Arkansas according to the latest models so we are quite likely to get a LOT of rain. However, this is a fast-moving storm according to the weather people so it should be out of here by Sunday evening after coming in on Saturday evening. We are already water-logged in areas of the state from Gustav and the expected rain will bring even more flooding, unfortunately.

Well, I am off this morning to a mini-RU at Kathy Ann's. She is a DGer who lives about 40 miles from me. There are about 10 of us from Arkansas and Mississippi who are getting together to help her dig up some of her daylilies that she is giving away. Looking forward to a good time with fellow DGer's--lots of food, talk, and plant trading, too!

This is a pic of a wild MG that sprung up in my flower bed. I pulled up the vine after I took the picture because it is a "thug" and would have taken over my flower bed. The bloom is pretty, though.

Y'all have a good day! Marylyn--be safe!

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2008
2:44 PM

Post #5542596

Mau, you have a fun time! That's a very pretty shade of blue, too.

Darrell doesn't mind his picture being taken. He's gotten used to me swinging the camera around to him. And blue is his favorite color.

Sharon, Gary is such a trooper! I love how the lizard and hummers "share" the feeder! LOL

52F with 75 for later today.
Feels like: 52F

Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 39
Humidity: 61%
Wind: 6 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 7:40 PM
UV Index: 7 Moderate

The Caryopteris covered in flowers and bees.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2008
10:47 PM

Post #5544176

Celia: Milky Way is beautiful, even if tattered.
Sharon: Thanks. It's a nice spot on the river where I took that. COngrats on the rain, and
catching the hummingbird!
Marylyn: Thinking of you and hoping for the best!
Marsue: Thanks goodness there were no snakes while I was at the river yesterday!

Had a foggy morning, humid but sunny afternoon. I watered everything when I got home, so of course we're now having a nice t-storm. :)

Deb
(random garden shot)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2008
10:52 PM

Post #5544191

Thanks, Deb! We're doing fine. The winds are just starting to pick up. The bunnies are just getting out of a bath, and then we're going to wash (and bleach) the tub and fill it with water. The flashlights and wind up radio are ready... I think we're all set. :-)
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 12, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5544260

Marylyn , Please do be careful - Best to you and yours..
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 12, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #5544361

Marylyn - prayers fr you and yours - and all in the path of this storm. Looks like a really biggie. We are getting rain now - that all the flowers have died - 1/2" this afternoon. I am done planting and transplanting so the rain just means I am stuck indoors.

I would have ready welcomed in during July and August. Just don't need it now that the weather has cooled down and I can take out the wheelbarrows and work to clear the beds.
Stay Safe
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2008
11:57 PM

Post #5544393

Marylyn Stay safe. Our prayers are with you. Keep in touch.
Marsue Hope you had a great time at the RU. Your rogue MG was pretty.
Celia Jeff is the same as Darrell. All I have to do is turn the camera towards him and he hams it up :) The Caryopteris is gorgeous. Id go to it if I were a bee!
Deb Great picture!

Hi Dyson! Waving!!!

81.1 F / 27 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 74 F / 23 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/hfrom the East
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph / 11 km/h
Pressure: 29.96 in / 1014.4 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 87 F / 30 C
Clouds: Few 3700 ft / 1127 m
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms possible through sunset. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 74. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Just got a text from a friend in Bellaire saying the winds are picking up. She said they are supposed to get 5" of rain per hour beginning around 11pm.

I was going to hang outside for a while to get some pictures, but the cicadas are out en force...geez. Even Prissy had her ears pulled back. She was looking around trying to figure where all that noise was coming from. I took a couple of pictures before coming inside.

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2008
12:37 AM

Post #5544570

Cute picture, Sharon. It looks like the female is saying, "Look, there's that lady again. Shh..."

Please, please, please stay safe all!!!

This coleus was sent to me by another DGer. I love it. Inky Fingers.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
12:48 AM

Post #5544610

Busy here at

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901717/

and

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901389/

Feel free to drop by and add a little moral support.

It looks like Galveston is already going under as the storm surge hits...
Houston will be hit in about 4 hours or so.

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2008
12:39 PM

Post #5546101

Good Morning!

I received a text a few minutes ago from a childhood friend in Bellaire - she said they are fine, but it's a wild ride. Spoke to Marylyn briefly last night and she said they we're ok at that time.

Celia - LOL!

77.9 F / 25.5 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 78 F / 26 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 80 F / 27 C
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Scattered Clouds 2500 ft / 762 m

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 90. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Here is my little couple again. They are so cute.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
1:35 PM

Post #5546279

Looks like our friends on the gulf coast especially in Texas are getting hammered! Sure hope Marylyn and her family, as well as all the residents down there, are staying safe!

We are expecting our portion of Ike to come in some time this evening bringing with it as much as 10 inches of rain in certain portions of the state! :o(( Not good but certainly nothing compared to what those in Texas, LA, etc., are receiving.

We had a great time at our mini-RU yesterday. Pau and I have a lot of plants to get in the ground this morning. I'll be back later.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5547007

Well I am glad you started a thread Ric I am having IPS going in and out.
I had 3 post I saw were never delivered.
One was about how good your construction was and that "Level" was the true trophy of good workmanship.
I am enjoying all the pictures esp JW.;)
It's partly cloudy with 88º outside.
[quote]Good morning everyone. Rough night in La and Texas. I am fine. Picture me in an area that is high and dry way above sea level out in the country. Now picture Slidell 20 miles to the South then from there all around Lake Pontchartrain for fifty seven miles. Now picture the surge that put at least waist high water for blocks inland. That is the picture of this area this morning. Our favorite restaurant in Madisonville is under three feet of water and prediction of more water coming. Old Mandeville had houses with water yesterday morning, New Orleans I cannot even think about it. I know hundreds probably thousands of houses are flooded all over lower La all around the Lake and in the low lands below New Orleans. A levee broke in Lafitte. We did not get high winds just the south east winds pushing lots of water and a surge. I heard it was fifteen feet but I am not sure. Needless to say I have a migraine and Sandy is off to a VB tournament where it is high and dry...so life goes on as things pop back to what is normal in La...shirleyt Thanks for your concern. Drape lady should be fine in Denham Springs and I do not know exactly where in Slidell Em is but I remember she said something one time about being next to the swamp so she may be in trouble. I need to meet that girl...Have a good one...[/quote] by shirleyt in Pearl River, LA
Many prayers,
Sidney
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5547246

Well, just returned from funeral #3 this week. I'm praying we're done with these for a while.

Marsue - Any rain yet on your end?
Hi Sidney!

89.0 F / 31.7 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 72 F / 22 C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the ESE
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph / 17.7 km/h
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014.1 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 96 F / 36 C
UV: 10 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 3900 ft / 1188 m

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2008
6:41 PM

Post #5547320

Again, please, stay safe and give reports on how you, you frineds and families, and the plants survived the Hurricane Season of '08.

Very nice today. 79 and sunny. No rain, as of yet.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #5547414

1000 people and 50 aircraft now involved in SAR... in the Galveston area alone.
NOT a good sign!

1000's of people decided to ride it out there...

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5547454

Bright, Sunny, Warm - but not too warm So the DW is painting the house.

Thoughts & prayers for those in harms way.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5547668

WOW! Nice vulture Ric. That's the best one I've seen yet!

Joey, I could just picture JW's antics! They really know how to get everyone laughing! Love the flower!

Kwanjin, gorgeous sky!!

Sharon, poor Gary, it never ends. Beautiful rose.

Marylyn, I was wondering if you had to evacuate.

Kwanjin, nice husband :o)

Deb, that's a neat picture!

Joey, he is adorable!! Big hugs for him!!

Early, I love your latest addition! It's beautiful!!

Kwanjin, beautiful MG!

Sharon, again, poor Gary. I hope when it's over, it's over for good. Laughing over the lizard! Good shot of the hummer! Love your birdbath!

Marsue, those thugs are beautiful! I pulled mine too, but they bloom across the road so I still get to enjoy them.

Kwanjin, my neighbor just planted caryopteris. I'm waiting to se how hers does in our zone 5 winters. Hers is heavily mulched. Your's is gorgeous!

Deb, lovely random garden shot.

Sharon, we hardly have any cicadas this year and the cicada wasp is taking a lot of those. Sweet cardinal pic!

Kwanjin, Inky Fingers is unusual! I love it too!

Ric, thanks for the link. I know one of my Texas friends are ok now.

Dyson, what color?

We have had rain since yesterday. It's 76* and looks like a tad over 2 1/2''. I'm done canning till the apples are ready for juicing. DH helped can 31 quarts of pears. I did 35 quarts of tomato juice, 7 pints of spicy chili starter, 12 pints of salsa and 7 pints of hot pepper mix. I think the rain has stopped.

Everyone in the path of the storm. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
10:47 PM

Post #5548032

We're under a tornado warning as I type. Gotta go! Be back later.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5548237

I'm back and the fast moving storm (50 mph) has already passed over us with no tornado in our immediate area, as far as I know. However, it looks as if the evening could prove to be rather "hairy". Ike has arrived sooner than we expected here.

This is what the storm looked like as it approached--really not any differently than any other thunderstorm.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5548244

Sharon: you asked if it was raining yet. Here's the answer:

Edited to add: Now it has stopped raining and the sky is considerably lighter.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2008 6:33 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2008
11:41 PM

Post #5548281

Marsue take REALLY good Care!

I've talked to Marylynn twice today.
She is fine and thanks you for your concern.
Some yard damage, no power but everything else is fine!

Hot and Muggy here.
The final joists are in tomorrow we lay the sheathing and start some framing in the FPR.

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #5548464

Blue W/ darker Blue shutters. (white trim)
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 14, 2008
1:54 AM

Post #5548932

Ric: Glad to hear all is well with Marylyn. Thanks for the update. CNN said some parts of Houston may be without power for 2 weeks.
Deb

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2008
9:06 AM

Post #5549700

Hey, guys! I'm sorry I've been away, somehow I lost the thread...I've been working hard in the yard, arranging the garden, especially the soil we had to add over the old one which wasn't enough. A buldozer dropped it over the fence and we spreaded it all over. It was a hard work, but we almost done it, just in time for the big storm and rain we had last night. The wind was so strong it took one of our plastic chairs on the terrace and blew it off to the fence...lucky it didn't hit the car...ugh!
I took one of the puppies inside the yard, with Gavrila and Dwarfie and one of the tomatos is red! Pictures coming up next!

I'm glad Marylyn is fine... I was so concerned about all living in that area!
Ric, you are doing such a good job!
Sharon, I've been thinking about Gary, praying he is well. Nice couple!
Marsue, ugh, glad you are well!
Celia, great coleus!Thanks for checking on me! Your garden looks great!LOL
Joey, hooray for the first step!
Here's the buldozer droping the soil.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2008
9:12 AM

Post #5549704

The soil was hard and dry, we couldn't have done it without the buldozer. DH and DS had many boulders to grind.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2008
9:14 AM

Post #5549705

DS wasn't so thrilled about the soil he had to carry all over the garden!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2008
9:15 AM

Post #5549706

After a week...

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2008
9:20 AM

Post #5549707

This is the front where I spreaded the soil and arrange all. Also, look at the stairs, me and DS have filled with cement between the tiles...didn't want to wait for the worker and also, saved some money.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2008
2:56 PM

Post #5550391

Everything is going to look so beautiful when you're done, Adina. I can't wait.

Everyone is well? Ike is a really large storm and is getting to places that were though out of the way.

56F
Feels like: 56F

Barometer: 30.1 in ↑
Dewpoint: 37
Humidity: 49%
Wind: 8 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:07 AM
Sunset: 7:36 PM

Monty chatters in his sleep.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2008
3:41 PM

Post #5550616

We had 6.6" of rain here yesterday. Back yard is completely underwater, some standing water in the garage, and lots of small streams in the basement from foundation cracks. Still raining today, supposed to be another 2"-3". Lots of streets closed, there has been some evacuation because of the river flooding on the eastern side of town. One neighboring town has been declared a disaster area because of flooding, my brother said there were people riding waverunner type things down the street, pulling innertubes.

Deb

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2008
5:08 PM

Post #5550954

Marsue, I'm glad you were ok.

Ric, sounds like everything is going right along.

Dyson, that sounds like nice colors.

Adina, it is very hard work, but looks so nice when you're done. The rain will help soften the chunks. Tell DS hard work keeps you fit :o) After a week it's looking good! DS too! Wow, it all looks so nice Adina! You do good work :o)

Kwanjin, Monte is beautiful and am laughing over his chattering!

Hi Momcat, sounds like you got it worse than us. We have a grand total of 3'' so far, but it's all soaked in. I hope your's goes away quickly.

66* and breezy. It isn't going to get much warmer. I finally get a day of rest. Well, not quite. I promised myself I would mop all 3 kitchens sometime today. No I don't live in a mansion. We have two additions built onto a trailor. I cook in the middle. We eat in the west and the fridge, freezer and closets are in the east :o)
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #5551563

I'm glad to hear that Marylyn and her family are okay. I certainly hope they get electric power restored soon. With a million or more out of power, it may take some time.
Dyson--the paint colors sound pretty--how about a pic?
Adina: your garden is going to be great! The tile stairs and the walk certainly look pretty.
Celia: Monty is such a hoot! LOL
momcat: I'm sorry about the flooding in your area. I heard on the news that the Chicago area had a LOT of rain.
BP: I'm glad you almost got some rest! LOL I have enought trouble keeping one kitchen floor mopped--sure glad I don't have 3 to keep clean!

Well, it looks as if Ike passed over us in such a hurry that we didn't receive nearly as much rain as "they" had originally predicted, which is a good thing. Here where I live, I would say that we didn't get more than 1/2--1" altogether because of Ike. We were awakened a couple of times during the night by the wind blowing but that is all. Today has been a beautiful day--mostly sunny with a few white fluffy clouds floating around. It is still a little bit windy but nothing unusual. Currently 81.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #5551782

Marylyn left a message saying they are ok, but still dont have electricity. I told her to call if she needs anything.

Celia Pretty bird!
Sally A cicada wasp? Ive never heard of it. You have been really busy canning! My DGM used to can their veggies. So tasty!
Adina Everything looks great! I know you and your DS are tired, but the rewards are wonderful.
Celia - That picture of Monty is hysterical! Hes chasing bunnies in his sleep LOL!
Dyson Post a picture of the new paint job!
Momcat So sorry to hear of the damage, but glad you are safe. Hope the rain stops soon.
Sally - 3 kitchens? I think Id cry LOL!

86.1 F / 30.1 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 73 F / 23 C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the ESE
Wind Gust: 9.0 mph / 14.5 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 93 F / 34 C
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 5500 ft / 1676 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Low 72. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light southwest.

See why I call her badness? LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5551847

54F mostly cloudy with occassional rain.
Just had to see if Marylyn_TX and those in the path are ok; so glad, for the most part, you all are alright. We've seen some news photos and what a mess down there.
Been away and look what's happened: JW is on the move; Adina, your yard-work and tile looks great.
MySharona~ my condolences; Gary holding up ok? sounds postive, over all.
5 youngest gkids here to help dig pototoes. Red, purple and baking varieties.

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5551950

Gary is doing well. He had a port installed on Friday. Now he won't have to get the iv needle every time, very distressing for him. He also had a chest ex-ray on Friday for his lungs. The doc is pleased with the results. His tumor markers are almost at zero. he will continue chemo until the tumor markers are in the negative (appox 2-3 more weekly sessions or 2 months hopefully).

You grow potatoes? How do you know when they are ready? The GK's look like they are having a great time. I love veggies!

Sally - I meant to do this earlier. Here is a close up of the bird bath. Got it for Jeff for Fathers Day last year. He pointed it out to me and gushed about it LOL! It has birds all they way around it.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5551954

Another view

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5552110

Glad you are back, kiska! The GK's are going to be a lot of help, I can tell! LOL
Sharon: glad Gary got his port installed--it will make things easier for him. Give "her badness" a pat on the head for me! LOL No wonder Jeff "gushed" about the bird bath--it is gorgeous!

One of my favorite roses--the ever-beautiful Medallion (again, I know, but I just can't help myself)

Thumbnail by marsue

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5552244

Can't blame you there Marsue, it is so pretty.
Adina I think the dozer was a great idea. It looks like the terrain is flat there like the Plains here in the states.
Sally that sounds like so many homes I've been in. I know the winds might get hairy.
I have no idea on the last trivia, but bow to Celia's answer (b)
So glad Marylyn is okay and Ike is adios.
If you watched the Jaguars game you know it was sunny and dry here.
I'm battling a 3 day cold.
So glad I can give it to none of you.
Sidney

kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 15, 2008
3:54 AM

Post #5553093

Get well soon, Sidney~~
MySharona~ very cool bird bath. No wonder he gushed over it.. We plant potatoes in June and they are harvested at this time of year. ; they do very well and we grow 2 or 3 varieties each year.
Marsue~ the rose is just beautiful - love seeing them.
48F light rain, sunset will be at 8:20 tonight.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2008
6:53 AM

Post #5553367

We had a lovely day. Not too hot. It's 61 and still. We might have thunderstorms by Wed. but I'm not holding my breath.

To all in the path of Ike...Glad you all made it though. Ike is still causing trouble from what I hear on TWC.

Monty has an opinion about me laughing at him.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2008
9:53 AM

Post #5553482

Sidney - Hope you feel better soon :)
Celia - That Monty is a hoot! I had a short hair flame point, I named him Cosmo. He would run through the house and make this sound like an engine reving!

74.9 F / 23.8 C
Clear
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 73 F / 23 C
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h
Pressure: 29.90 in / 1012.4 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 73 F / 23 C

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 94. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

We're 10* hotter than we should be at this time of year.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2008
10:18 AM

Post #5553501

Well we just got power back after 14 hours...
I'll tell you the saga later...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2008
12:58 PM

Post #5553838

My goodness, Ric! It likes as if Ike made it up to your house, too! So glad your power is restored. Hope you didn't have any major damage.
I heard on the news last night that there was damage to some buildings in the Cabot area from the tornado that blew over on Saturday evening. A mini-storage and an apt. building both had some damage to their roofs but nothing major. That area is about 3-4miles from our house.
Sharon: the cardinals are beautiful!
Celia: Monty has it made!

We'll be having cooler weather this week--in the 70's and back up into the 80's by the end of the week. A welcome change.
Today
Sunny
High 74F
Precip 20%
Wind: N 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 56%
UV Index: 8 Very High
Sunrise: 6:51 AM CT
Avg. High: 84F
Record High: 98F (2000)
Tonight
Clear
Overnight Low 53F
Precip 10%
Wind: N 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%
Sunset: 7:14 PM CT
Avg. Low: 60F
Record Low: 50F (1993)

Cloudless Sulphur on Hot Lips Salvia

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #5553844

Ike paid us a pretty good visit yesterday afternoon.
It intensified to TS winds here from a TD as it slid past us.
We were on the dirty side.
Sustained 40 MPH winds, Gusts to 76 MPH (highest ever recorded except
in a tornado).
Absolutely no rain or tornado's.
675,000 homes w/o power last night or 90% of the area.
Down to 575,000 now. (we are in the Lucky 100,000 who got restored)
They are saying it could be 5 days before all the power is restored.
Trees and limbs were falling like mad everywhere around here.
This area is not geared for winds like this.

Sadly there were 4 deaths from trees falling on houses and two deaths
from a tree falling on a Motorcycle of all things.

I did find out one of my lighting ideas for the new room we are
building will in fact work.
And is GREAT for emergency lighting too.
We brought our LED Solar Spotlights inside.
(3 Light sets I removed one light to conserve the batteries)
We put one set in the LR and one set over the bed.
More than enough light for reading and moving around safely.
They are still on this morning.
AND we can just move the Solar Collector back outside today and
recharge...

We sat out on Jon's front stoop for a lot of the action.
There are no trees near him out there!!
(We're not idiots... we'll OK there was flying debris at time
sooooooo... lol!)
We watched shingles, siding and various other house parts get pulled
off across the street.
A HUGE limb fell out of our backyard Maple
(The one right over the FPR where we were working)
We didn't even hear it.. luckily it fell into Jon's Yard.
About 8" across at the base and easily 25' long.
Also a branch at least 12" across and 35' long fell right down the
street, Another huge limb ripped in half on Jon's other side, plus a
few small trees are gone.

This destruction stretches from about 20 miles south of us to at
least 60 miles north...

This is just down the street.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2008
1:32 PM

Post #5553956

Oh, Ric, I am so sorry about the deaths in your area--how sad! It must have been straight line winds (as opposed to a tornado) that did all the damage.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 15, 2008
2:38 PM

Post #5554213

Cloudy with isolated showers. Highs in the 50s.
Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
ric~sorry, too, for the loss of life there.
That's quite a mess to clean up ~ just glad it's not on either your's or your neighbor's home. Good idea to use the LED lights, too.
marsue~that's one cute cat; nice pic.
MySharona~the combination of the bright red flower and the gorgeous shade of green of the butterfly, reminds me that Christmas is coming.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2008
5:58 PM

Post #5555001

So sorry to hear about the deaths from Ike. My sympathies go to the families.

Wow, that IS a huge limb! Very glad no one was hurt.

Another lovely rose, Mau.

71F with 84 for later. It feels warmer than 71.
Feels like: 71F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 34
Humidity: 26%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:08 AM
Sunset: 7:35 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2008
6:35 PM

Post #5555128

Marsue, I ran out of time to mop, so I did rest :o) That was a beautiful day you had.

Sharon, I never did get a picture. They are a couple of inches long or better and scary looking. Someone said they don't bother you, but I sure get out of their way. They dig holes, sting a cicada to paralize it and bury it for the young to feed on. I know, but it's nature. Believe me, I need all those kitchens, and they're small! I absolutely love that picture of Badness!! What a scamp!!

Kiska, I love how interested they are over the potatoes and what a wonderful way to introduce them to food that tastes better than store bought. Next year I'm doing more than the reds.

Sharon, praying for the best for Gary. He's had to go thru some tough stuff. He sure deserves to be cured. The birdbath is beautiful!! I'll bet Jeff was suprised, especially since he had a chance to get it for you for Mothers day :o)

Marsue, I love Medallion. I had one live for a couple of years and it was so beautiful!

Get well Sugar. These fall colds are no fun. I've fought off sinus so far and hope to keep it away!

Kiska, we plant potatoes at the end of March if the weather is good, or sometime in April. They die down around August and we dig. We plant about 4'' deep and pull the dirt up so they don't sunburn as they grow upwards.(info for Sharon)

Kwanjin, Monte is definately a personality!

Sharon, I had two cardinals im my tree yesterday and I thought of you!

Ric, so glad you have power! Luckily some of that 14 hours was night. Aww, bent and broken.

Marsue, that's some butterfly kiss :o)

Ric, the lighting was a good idea!! I'm glad you made it thru with just a little damage. It's too bad people died.

Kiska, lovely fall color already. My clove current is also starting to color up. Christmas is nice, but lets not hurry things :o)

Kwanjin, that is a beautiful vine, leaves and blooms!

65* and the mist quit speckling everything. I need to go mow. Especially since DH is picking up walnuts!!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #5556949

Evenin'! All! It is so nice & 'fall-ish' outside, with a temp of 66. But the skeeters are still out. We've been partying all week end. Today's JW's birthday! Can you believe it?! My time flies when you're having fun! :D (pictures to come! :)
At Dublin...
Clear: 70F
Feels like: 70F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 59
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 5 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:05 AM
Sunset: 7:29 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Ric, sorry to here about the winds there. We didn't get much, but we did get a little of the rain. :)
Kiska, Looks like everyone was really into the potatoes! ;) Is the red a little Maple? Some leaves are falling off here, but none are turning, yet. They probably will by the end of next month.
Marylyn, (when you read this) I am so thankful that you are safe.
Sharon, Glad that Gary's tumor marker is almost 0! Yay! A Wonderful sign! :D Your kitty is not Bad, but instead..really cute! Love the bird bath! Gorgeous! Thanks for keeping us informed about Marylyn.
Marsue, Glad you didn't get the bad winds from Ike! Love the Sulphur! And no wonder that your Medallion is one of your favorites! :D
Celia! LOL It looks as if Monty is squinting in the sun! :D
Sally, You are ever busy in the fall! Busy, busy, busy...
Sidney, Hope that you feel better really soon!
Adina, Lots of work you all have done, but it will be well worth the wait, huh? And beautiful, too!

The trivia is...
Buys-Ballot's Law describes what?
a) The relationship between temperature and pressure
b) The relationship between wind direction and the pressure distribution
c) The relationship between temperature and volume
d) The relationship between pressure and volume

Have a Great Evening!
Joey

(sorry about the fuzzies)

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #5556952

One more... :D

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2008
1:52 AM

Post #5556972

Dark. I wanted to post while it was "almost dark", but got tied up (where does the time (and sunlight go?))
kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 16, 2008
2:01 AM

Post #5557016

Happy Birthday, JW~~been fun sharing your first year and your cake looks great. B will be my guess...
The red leaves are Highbush Cranberry. It's a young plant so isn't very tall yet.
Dyson~dark is coming; sorry you missed "almost dark".
bp~you're so right~nothing as fresh as home grown. We also grow peanut potatoes, but not this year.
Moments ago; momma and twin moose. This is one of the twins.

Thumbnail by kiska

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2008
2:34 AM

Post #5557220

Big winds here yesterday with plenty of downed trees and power outages. I happened to step outside around dark and heard a tree go down in my back woods. I checked it out today and it was a very large black cherry. Enough wood there to keep my campfire ring going for years. Other than a lot of small branches in the yard and my Mexican Sunflowers breaking off and blowing away in the wind like tumbleweeds no other significant damage to report. It was interesting to note that the all time high for Sept. 14 was 93 in 1953 and the all time low was 34 a year later in 1954!

Extended forecast...Moderate temps and10 days of sunshine!

God bless those poor people down in Texas. What a mess. It's good to hear Marylyn is OK.

It's very "fall like" here today with cool temps, dark menacing clouds and a stiff breeze. Farmers are cutting their cornfields and the soybeans are turning a golden yellow. I picked another apple tree and a couple bushels of pears.

Sidney...I came down with the head cold from hell last Friday evening. I feel your pain.

Adinamiti...Your house is looking great! The tile looks wonderful!

I packaged the hollyhock seeds for all who wanted them and will mail tomorrow.

Photo: Golden, glowing sunlit field of soybeans with black clouds on the horizon. Since I accidentally deleted it from my camera you will just have to use your imaginations!

Replacement photo: Recent sunrise.

early_bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2008
2:59 AM

Post #5557341

Rough day!
Off work for the outage...cut limbs till about 4 PM

Here's one of the trees at our neighbor's place

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 16, 2008
9:28 AM

Post #5557925

Ric, I'm so sorry you had such hard time and so scary! Sorry for those poor people who died , how sad! Still glad you are OK!
Joey, Happy Belated Birthday for JW's 1st year of life ! He's such a sweetie!
Kiska, twin mooses, how cute! What great helps you had there for the potatoes!
Sharon, the bird bath is so beautiful! Cute picture of the 'badness'! Thanks for the update on Marylyn, I'm glad she is OK!
Marsue, what a beautiful rose !
Celia, Monty is so cute and beautiful! Love your flowers too!
E_B, thanks, gorgeous sunset!
Sidney, I hope you are feeling better today!
Billy, do you have a big lawn to mow?
It's been pouring last night, on our way home from work, T&Ps, strong winds...like a nightmare! Finally we got home and, trying to open the gate I got soaked ! My petunia pot was thrown down on the terrace, maybe the wind because the doggies were outside!
Sunset a few days ago...
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 16, 2008
9:32 AM

Post #5557928

Yesterday morning the clouds were coming.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 16, 2008
10:11 AM

Post #5557966

Ric Im so sorry to hear of all the damage and deaths in your area. So glad you and your friends/neighbors made it through safely.
Marsue The Sulphur and Salvia are beautiful! Im so ready for cooler weather.
Kiska Your pictures make me anxious for Fall!
Celia Pretty MGs!
Sally - So glad you have Cardinals! They are so pretty!
Joey Give JW a big hug and kiss for me! He is just darlin! Clueless on the Trivia Going with E = Shopping with Sharon LOL! No, I dont know ummm A? It sounds the most plausible.
Dyson Its goes to the other side LOL!
Kiska A peanut potato? Never heard of it. Silly question, but regardless, do they taste different, different textures? Love the moose!
E_B LOL~ the replacement photo is just as gorgeous! Glad you are felling better. SIL lives in Beaver County, she has lots of wind, downed trees, but her pet menagerie and house made it with no damage.
Adina Your MGs look like they enjoyed all the rain! So pretty! Hopefully you can save the petunias. Glad you made it home safely :)

74.2 F / 23.4 C
Scattered Clouds
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph / 1 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 72 F / 22 C

Today
Partly cloudy. A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 92. West winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north in the afternoon.

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2008
3:30 PM

Post #5558840

I don't have much time as I'm going to have time to do some actual work in the yard today. A little clean-up, some bulbs going in and such.

Great pics, everyone. Love them. They keep me going for the day.

I glad Gary is doing so much better. I can't wait for the day that the numbers are 0 across the board.

67F with 84 for later. It's slightly breezy now and it feels great! Perfect for working outside.
Feels like: 67F

Barometer: 30.1 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36
Humidity: 32%
Wind: 9 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:09 AM
Sunset: 7:33 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2008
3:31 PM

Post #5558844

I forgot to say...Happy Birthday, JW!!! Yea! He is the cutest little guy ever!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #5560445

Rain in the morning, Heavy overcast the rest of the day. So it was sorta dark all day.

Or should that be one word - sortadark? Like a downpause (when you are driving in the rain and go under a bridge).

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #5560650

LOL
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5560827

Thanks Dyson. I like the way you think.
I am not worse, but not better???
Appreciate all the well wishes.
My heart is swooning watching the Beatles on PBS.
Sidney
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2008
12:16 AM

Post #5560876

60F this evening falling to a low of 48 later tonight. Only rain now in the forecast is a chance of showers next Monday. Other then that it's SUN, SUN, SUN!!!

I've cleaned out most of the flower beds the past week or so and run everything through the shredder. I chipped up all the branches that came down in the storm and started a new compost pile. It was a great year for apples. I picked another bushel of Yellow Delicious and a bushel of Red Delicious.

Sharona...We still have a lot of places without power in Western Pa. The local paper said we had 70 mph winds. Not much compared to the Texas coast but enough to do a lot of damage none the less.

Joey...It's hard to believe the little lunker is a year old already. Feed the poor kid! He looks like he's wasting away!

Photo: A place for contemplation.

early_bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 17, 2008
1:03 AM

Post #5561054

Well it was sunny and cool here today.
We finished cleaning up the twigs and such...
And started Framing the FPR!

Then a weird thing happened.
We heard a loud buzzing sound.
Looking at the Hummer feeder closest to us we found out why.
W/ all the trees and limbs down I never gave a thought to displaced Honey Bee hives...
A swarm landed in the Backyard.
Swarming bees (in the North at least) are usually never dangerous.
They are generally fed to the gills and very tame.
These guys were starved.. and a little aggressive.
I've worked hives before and recognized the sound.
So we let them feed... they calmed WAY down and started humming not buzzing.
Then they flew away.
In mass so a Queen must have been w/ them.
I hope they make a home in the backyard Maple.
It's been years since we've had a Bee Tree.

A small batch of them early on...
Shot thru the window as I didn't want to dig out the 'Bee Garb'

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 17, 2008
1:22 AM

Post #5561146

Very cloudy here all day. Temps in the mid 70's. IKE went north and to the west of our area. It is unbelievable that Ric and EB had so much damage. We did get about 1/2 " of rain. But we have to be thankful we missed the wind and damage from flooding the rest of the country sustained. I am getting into flower bed restoration now. Cutting back and pulling new late season perennial weeds - mostly new dandelion plants and knotweed. Also collecting the last of the daylily pods.
I have started listing some of the hybrid crosses on the Lily Auction ( username Stalks) but will ship most of them to the International Seed Exchange which ships them to Europe and around the world. People in foreign countries cannot afford the charges to ship plants to their countries, but can get the genetics of newer cultivars to plant in their gardens.

Thumbnail by se_eds

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 17, 2008
3:17 AM

Post #5561753

Wow, Ric! You did the perfect thing. We haven't seen a swarm in a long time. The last time was about 6 years ago.

Seeds, lucky you. I need to get me some daylilies. I have some seeds that were given to me. I'm going to start them next spring. Will they still be okay?

It was apretty again today. Hot but not too hot.

We got Isis a new buddy. She likes him very much.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2008
9:45 AM

Post #5562200

E_B I really like the contemplation garden!
Ric That is so cool with the bees. Ive never seen any around my hummer feeders.
Se_eds Pretty day-lily!
Celia Isis really likes her new buddy! How is Monty doing?
Joey - I received the box yesterday! Thank you :)

76.1 F / 24 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 87%
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the South
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph / 9 km/h
Pressure: 29.92 in / 1013.1 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
Clouds: Few 5000 ft / 1524 m
Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 87. Southeast winds 5 mph shifting to the northeast. Chance of rain 50%.

Looking forward to the cool front that is supposed to move through. Gary had a bad day at chemo yesterday. 3 Zannies and no change, but the time he was done we were both distressed. It was the worst chemo day to date.

Prissy

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 7:55 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 17, 2008
3:56 PM

Post #5563582

Poor Gary! I feel so bad for him. I wish we could all come out there and give a big hug! Prissy is adorable!

69F
Feels like: 69F

Dewpoint: 35
Humidity: 28%
Wind: 14 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 7:31 PM

This was on the door to a Famous Dave's restaurant.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5563633

Jeff took Gary to chemo this morning, they aren't back yet, but he said Gary is having a normal day.

84.0 F / 28 C
Overcast
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 70 F / 21 C
Wind: 3.8 mph / 6 km/h
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph / 12 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 86 F / 30 C
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1700 ft / 518 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m

It's not as hot, but still a little muggy outside to me. Gulf Frit butterfly on the butterfly vine taken a few minutes ago. I haven't had many butterflies this year, lots of blooms though.

Thumbnail by MySharona

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2008
9:31 PM

Post #5564780

That's so pretty Sharon.
I am saying a little prayer for Gary.
Celia, I sure would like to be eating there with fresh caught fish.
I hear thunder, but so far clouds and no wet.
Sidney
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2008
10:22 PM

Post #5564959

Celia - That "post" is great! So, Is Famous Dave related to Famous Amos? LOL!
Sidney - Thanks :) Lots of thunder, dark clouds, but no rain yet. Going outside to do a little jig arounds the plants!

79.5 F / 26 C
Thunderstorm
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 69 F / 20 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the ESE
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016.1 hPa(Falling)
Heat Index: 82 F / 28 C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1800 ft / 548 m
Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft / 1097 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 70. North winds 5 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

WoooHooo we're supposed to get down to 68* tomorrow night LOL!! I like this picture too because the butterfly's whole face is actually in the bloom!

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #5565402

kwjan - seeds will be OK if you keep them in the refrigerator until next spring.

Our weather is outstanding! Cold front, dry air and sunshine. I am transplanting plants and cleaning up - which I couldn't due earlier.

Ever since I got old, I sweat like a hog when the weather is hot. Now I can work and not end up as a puddle of sweat. Hey, you have to be thankful for small favors.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2008
12:20 AM

Post #5565429

[quote]Hey, you have to be thankful for small favors [unquote] - heck, I am thankful to see the sun rise each morning!

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 8:20 PM

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 8:21 PM

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 8:22 PM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2008
12:40 AM

Post #5565525

Here in our area...

Duke Energy will be hard-pressed to meet its goal of restoring power to 85% of its customers by today.
As of 8 p.m., Duke reported there were still 259,927 customers without power three days after Sunday's unprecedented windstorm.

At 8 p.m. Duke reported 130,961 customers without power in Hamilton County, 51,449 in Butler County, 26,995 in Clermont County and 15,902 in Warren County.

The utility said 23,520 customers in Duke's Northern Kentucky service area were still without power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I ventured out for the first time since just as the Wind Storm started Sunday.
There are still a bunch of trees down in yards.
Power is still out just 3/4 mile south of us and roads are closed.
No gas stations around here had gas... we had power early so it's all sold out.
The major grocery chains are out of fresh and frozen everything... either it went bad or sold out.

But the station near work just came up on line yesterday evening.
So they had plenty of gas... and it was even 9 cents cheaper than Friday!

Our server exploded at our main plant.
They booted it up!
BANG!
So they brought in a new one... checked the lines and BANG!
Out again!
The installers will be back tomorrow to rerun the lines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool and Sunny today! (50 degrees at sun up)
Beautiful Weather for working outside policing up the area!

Ric

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 8:46 PM

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5565671

Hi! :D We had a great day today. It was 73 & breezy :D Great!
At Bluefield...
70F (Feels like 70F)
Sunrise: 07:08
Sunset: 19:30
Humidity: 51%
Visibility: 10.0 m
Clear
Wind: VRB3
Barometer: 30.21

Sharon, Sorry that Gary had such a bad day yesterday...he's ever in my thoughts & prayers. Your pics of the Flit are Great! :D (btw...I gave JW bunches & bunches of 'smoochies'! ;)
Celia, LOL the add on the door is soooo funny. I feel sure that they get lots of business! I just love a fun atmosphere!
E_B, LOL Thanks...It's hard to believe that he has been w/ us an entire year! :D I'm glad that the wind didn't do Too much damage to ya..you'll have some good dirt next year! ;) I Love the window!
Ric! Watch out for those bees! I'd bet that was a weird sound! :-O The Yellow Jackets are really bad here this year. I found out that they really like the Joe Pie Weed & Boneset(?)(sp). Hope all of the power gets restored soon. It must be a real head ache.
Se_eds, I think that we got the same weather that you did...not much rain, either. I love the Lily. :) Such a different color! LOL (about the sweating) I love the cool better too, now. :D
Dyson, LOL on the 'sortadark'! Sunrise, indeed! ;)
Marsue, there is a big article in the NG magazine about the Ozark National Forest! So! Neat! :D (Hurricane Creek Wilderness)(Over the ridges & thru the woods)
Kiska, Love the Mooses! :) It looks as if it is really getting to be fall there...

In the Northern Hemisphere, if you stand with your back to the surface wind, then turn clockwise about 30 degrees, lower pressure will be to your left.

Today's trivia is...
Who is the Hadley Cell named after?
a) Hadley Adams
b) Adam Hadley
c) George Hadley
d) Hadley Georges

Good Nite
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5565672

Hi! :D We had a great day today. It was 73 & breezy :D Great!
At Bluefield...
70F (Feels like 70F)
Sunrise: 07:08
Sunset: 19:30
Visibility: 10.0 m
Clear
Wind: VRB3
Barometer: 30.21

Sharon, Sorry that Gary had such a bad day yesterday...he's ever in my thoughts & prayers. Your pics of the Flit are Great! :D (btw...I gave JW bunches & bunches of 'smoochies'! ;)
Celia, LOL the add on the door is soooo funny. I feel sure that they get lots of business! I just love a fun atmosphere!
E_B, LOL Thanks...It's hard to believe that he has been w/ us an entire year! :D I'm glad that the wind didn't do Too much damage to ya..you'll have some good dirt next year! ;) I Love the window!
Ric! Watch out for those bees! I'd bet that was a weird sound! :-O The Yellow Jackets are really bad here this year. I found out that they really like the Joe Pie Weed & Boneset(?)(sp). Hope all of the power gets restored soon. It must be a real head ache.
Se_eds, I think that we got the same weather that you did...not much rain, either. I love the Lily. :) Such a different color! LOL (about the sweating) I love the cool better too, now. :D
Dyson, LOL on the 'sortadark'! Sunrise, indeed! ;)
Marsue, there is a big article in the NG magazine about the Ozark National Forest! So! Neat! :D (Hurricane Creek Wilderness)(Over the ridges & thru the woods)
Kiska, Love the Mooses! :) It looks as if it is really getting to be fall there...

In the Northern Hemisphere, if you stand with your back to the surface wind, then turn clockwise about 30 degrees, lower pressure will be to your left.

Today's trivia is...
Who is the Hadley Cell named after?
a) Hadley Adams
b) Adam Hadley
c) George Hadley
d) Hadley Georges

Good Nite
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2008
10:05 AM

Post #5566948

Se_eds Im looking forward to being able to work in the garden without sweating too : )
Ric Hope things get better soon in your area. Do you need anything? Have you talked to Marylyn?
Joey Trivia is C. Thats a pretty bloom!

76.8 F / 24 C
Fog
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 67 F / 20 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the ENE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016.1 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 F / 26 C
Visibility: 0.1 miles / 0.2 kilometers

Now
Areas of dense fog will continue to develop across northeast Florida through the early morning hours. Around 530 am...visibilities were below a mile at the Jacksonville Airport...with low clouds and poor visibilities extending westward toward Lake City. Areas around Gainesville were also reporting reduced visibilities. Motorists should be aware of rapid reductions in visibilities especially in low areas and near bodies of water. The fog will begin to dissipate after sunrise and should lift by 9 am.

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Slight chance of showers in the morning. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Northeast winds 5 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

High 83. Now that's more like it! Young Cardinal

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2008
10:10 AM

Post #5566952

Thanks Sharon for asking but we are fine here.
It's a VERY spottie outage now.

As power comes up they will be restocking the Chain Stores
(after the Health Inspectors check them out).
Our neighborhood Mom and Pop has plenty of supplies!
There power like our wasn't out over 12 hours.

Cool here this morning again... perfect sleeping weather!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #5567885

Sharon, Gary is lucky to have you as family and as a friend. I love butterflies.

Joey, give JW a few more smoochies for us! LOL He has lots of fans!

Ric, those Mom and Pops are great, aren't they?

60F with 84 for later, along with thunder but no rain.
Feels like: 60F

Dewpoint: 42
Wind: 9 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 7:30 PM

This might be repeat.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2008
3:11 PM

Post #5567927

I forgot to say "thank you" to you, Seeds. I've got them in the fridge now.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5570255

That cool air from Canada is really nice this time of year. We are back to dry and breezy. AM Temps are in the 45-50 degree range with daytime highs up to 78 deg. Sunny skies, puffy white clouds - Ahhh, September. I feel reconstituted.

I planted a row of parsley which I cut, diced and froze for winter use. The recent rains made it grow almost a foot high. It is full of the green and black caterpillars now, feasting on the leaves. They will be Swallowtail Butterflies when they come out of their chrysalis next spring.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #5570495

Hello, I'm back. We went to Grand Teton and Yellowstone. I took something like 380 pictures. Don't worry, I won't make you look at all of them.

I hope Marylyn is all right. I've been thinking about her. We'd watch the Weather Channel during breakfast, and of course they show you the worst scenes, but they did say that a lot of people were without power in Houston.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 PM PDT on September 18, 2008
79 F / 26 C
Clear
Humidity: 28%
Dew Point: 43 F / 6 C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the WSW
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1012 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

One of the Tetons

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:01 AM

Post #5570500

Jenny Lake

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:55 AM

Post #5570664

You've probably seen a picture like this in a calendar somewhere.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #5570667

Can you find the waterfall?

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5570676

There were flowers - some kind of aster.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
3:58 AM

Post #5570678

Indian paintbrush

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
4:13 AM

Post #5570709

Scotch bluebell

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2008
4:27 AM

Post #5570754

Oh, how beautiful! That's so neat you got to go there.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2008
10:12 AM

Post #5571025

Kelli when I was 13 we took a 14 day camping trip out near west.
We stayed at 3 days at Yellowstone... a bear smashed our camp up...
and 7 days at Jackson Hole.
Jenny Lake is full of memories for me.
We took a 6 hour hike around the lake and a horseback ride in the foothills.
It's there I saw my first Moose and Ravens...
had bacon stolen right from the frying pan by some little jays...
and we had a chicken we had thawing on the table stolen by a Martin...
Post away on the photos!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2008
11:19 AM

Post #5571137

Welcome back Kelli! Your pictures are gorgeous. Post away, I've never seen the Grand Tetons, but have heard a lot about them.

74.1 F / 23.4 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 56 F / 14 C
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
Visibility: 6.0 miles / 9.7 kilometers
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m

Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 7 PM EDT this evening...

Today
Partly cloudy and becoming windy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 82. Northeast winds increasing to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.

We've had about 1/2" of rain in the last couple of days. Didn't get into the 60's last night, but maybe tonight. I think WX is teasing me LOL! They know I want cool weather now.

Callie

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2008
3:59 PM

Post #5572250

Wanna see more, Kelli!

Callie is the cutest kitty! Look at that fur-face!

68F with 85 for later. Several days of clouds and thunder but no rain. A few drops hit us but nothing else.
Feels like: 68F

Dewpoint: 40
Humidity: 36%
Wind: 7 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:12 AM
Sunset: 7:28 PM

Hard to believe our yard used to look like this.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2008
4:40 PM

Post #5572399

20-30 MPH isn't a Wind .
It should be a Breeze Advisory... LOL!

Ric
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2008
6:08 PM

Post #5572696

Celia, and the after???
You have really made it your own.
81.0 F / 27 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 54 F / 12 C
Wind: 13.2 mph / 21 km/hfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 13.2 mph / 21 km/h
Pressure: 29.68 in / 1005.0 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 81 F / 27 C
doesn't take near as much to be cool.
I'm loving your pictures Kelli.
;)
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2008
6:10 PM

Post #5572703

One of my coleus buddies sent this http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html
;)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2008
6:38 PM

Post #5572785

Wow. Isn't it amazing what a little wind and water can do?

Here's the after as of today...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2008
6:39 PM

Post #5572792

In my teens and twenties I used to frequent Surfside, Freeport and Crystal Beaches. So sad...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 19, 2008
7:19 PM

Post #5572929

It's cold and it has rained a lot, still had some black clouds .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:43 PM

Post #5573205

Big change to the yard, Celia. It looks great.

Kind of hot here - In other words, the usual.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on September 19, 2008
88 F / 31 C
Clear
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 42 F / 6 C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the WNW
Pressure: 29.93 in / 1013 hPa (Falling)
UV: 9 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

More Grand Teton - This is one of the Moose Ponds. We didn't see any moose.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:44 PM

Post #5573211

mountain-ash berries

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:45 PM

Post #5573215

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:47 PM

Post #5573219

view from the String Lake picnic area

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:50 PM

Post #5573229

Richardson geranium

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:51 PM

Post #5573237

woolly eriophyllum

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #5573241

Jenny Lake again

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 19, 2008
9:04 PM

Post #5573289

1 pm; 43F; light rain and I hope to get outdoors soon. We've been gone a few days; so lots to catch up with.
kelli ~ what a beautiful vacation you had. They could all be a calendar photo.
MySharona~so glad Gary is doing better this time/chemo.
Wish there was time for individual comments right now; but sure did enjoy the ones posted.
It was snowing on the peaks; not on the road, yet:)

Thumbnail by kiska

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2008
9:17 PM

Post #5573340

Wow Kelli,
I bet your field guide to wildflowers is really dog eared.
Kiska cold already.
;)
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2008
9:24 PM

Post #5573362

This morning was very overcast and cool, a hefty reminder that winter will soon approach. I am not looking forward to winter. The clouds had given way and the sun was shining by the time I got off work but it is still to cool for my liking.

Best to all -
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 19, 2008
10:10 PM

Post #5573575

I don't know how this will show up on this web site, but my camera has a function called photo stitch where on the computer it will piece together a series of pictures to make a panorama.

Thumbnail by Kelli

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #5573953

Kelli it's more beautiful than I remembered it!
THANKS!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #5574104

Quick note - Just talked to Marylyn - they are fine - said power should be on Monday night. She is having dt's not being on the internet! I told her to let me know if they need anything and that we are here for her.

Currently raining here YAY!
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2008
2:32 AM

Post #5574626

Raining here and in the 70s.
;)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2008
4:06 AM

Post #5574931

Not raining here. I hear rumblings in the distance but no such luck.

I si need to see more of the wolrd.

Adina, the clouds look so low. What's your elevation?

My second favorite coleus. I don't know if it has a name.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
4:15 AM

Post #5574968

It's about as Dyson dark as it's going to get around here without a power failure.

Since everyone else is talking about rain, well... it might rain in a month or two.

Updated: 8:51 PM PDT on September 19, 2008
75 F / 24 C
Clear
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 50 F / 10 C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the ESE
Pressure: 29.90 in / 1012 hPa (Rising)

We only spent half a day at Grand Teton, so now on to 4 1/2 days of Yellowstone.

Moose Falls (no, didn't see any moose)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
4:16 AM

Post #5574971

Below Moose Falls - I think the red bush is mountain-ash.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
4:17 AM

Post #5574976

I don't remember what river or creek this was.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
4:18 AM

Post #5574981

Lewis Falls

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
4:19 AM

Post #5574985

Lewis River

Thumbnail by Kelli

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2008
2:09 PM

Post #5575875

Kelli, the Lewis River picture is now my background.
Celia, I do coleus and I don't recognize it.
Cloudy and going to a rally outside for 4 hrs.
Hope the rain is gone.
Sidney
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
5:08 PM

Post #5576510

I've been away for a few days--not to the Tetons like Kelli, though, but to the Ozarks. I'll try to catch up! Here goes:
Joey: I can't believe JW is a year old already! Sorry I missed his birthday--give him a big hug and kiss for me--he is as cute as ever! Did he smear that icing all over his face? I'll try to find a copy of the NG magazine that has the article about the Ozarks in it. I'm clueless on the trivia.
Kiska: you have twins! (moose, that is) congratulations--LOL!!
EB: sorry about the loss of your cherry tree but I'm glad you had no major damage close to your house. Also sorry about your cold--hope you are feeling better now. I love the "contemplation spot" in your garden.
Adina: your poor petunia pot! Your morning glories are looking pretty, though, even if the clouds were heading your way.Pretty sunset photo
Ric: I'm glad you didn't suffer any major damage when Ike blew through your area. Sorry to hear about your computer at work!
Sharon: your cardinal photos are great--keep them coming! The Gulf Frit is beautiful--love the photo of its head in the flower--LOL! I'm sorry to hear about Gary's bad day. The Caring Bridge website said that Gary made it through the week without any problems?
Celia: pretty coneflower. Love the sign on the restaurant door! Your before and after photos of the yard tell the stor--It looks great! Isis' new "buddy" is cute--LOL
Sidney--get better soon! You have had the cold for several days now and it is time for it to go!
Se_eds: glad that Ike went around you. I seem to sweat a lot more now that I am older, too! Cooler weather will certainly be welcomed!
[quote]heck, I am thankful to see the sun rise each morning![/quote]
me, too, Dyson!

Kelli: Welcome Back! The Tetons are beautiful--we spent some time there 4 years ago ourselves. Keep the photos coming!

As I said earlier, DH and I spent a few days in NW Arkansas this past week. Sharon, if you ever decide to move to Arkansas, I found the perfect place for you.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
5:10 PM

Post #5576521

The lady who lives on this ranch is also named Sharon--thus the name: "Rose of Sharon". This is the barn and in the distance on top of the hill you can see the house--not bad for a "little cabin", huh?

edit to add: if you use your zoom tool on your computer you will be able to get a better look at the house.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 12:12 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5576533

The Ozark Mountains aren't nearly as majestic as the Tetons and the Rockies but they are still beautiful on a smaller scale. This was taken from an overlook at Marshall, AR which, you might say, is in the foothills of the Ozarks.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
5:19 PM

Post #5576546

This was taken from an overlook at Harrison, AR--it was rather hazy that day.

edited to add: the elevation here is about 2000 ft. above sea level. Our highest elevation point in Arkansas is Mt. Magazine at approximately 2700 + ft. above sea level. As I said--nothing as majestic as the Tetons but still beautiful. When we took our trip 4 years ago we went up Bear Tooth Mountain which is over 12,000 feet at its summit--too high for me! LOL

Kelli: I meant to tell you that your panoramic photo you made of the Tetons is gorgeous!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 12:23 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 20, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #5577427

Wonderful pics! Our weather is improving, but it's till cold. Yesterday it rained a few drops at sunset, whil eit was still the sun up and a shy rainbow appeared.
Celia, our house has one floor.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 20, 2008
9:39 PM

Post #5577437

The clouds were still low at sunset.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:43 PM

Post #5577454

I'm glad you are liking the pictures. Thank you.

Nice weather today and also nice and quiet outside.

Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on September 20, 2008
77 F / 25 C
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 52 F / 11 C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the SSE
Pressure: 29.92 in / 1013 hPa (Falling)
UV: 8 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

This is Isa Lake. According to the signage, it sets on the Continental Divide and one end drains to the Gulf of Mexico and one end drains to the Pacific Ocean.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #5577458

Just a tad bit higher than Arkansas...

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:45 PM

Post #5577464

Kepler Cascades - Where's Joey? She loves waterfalls.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5577467

Bison!

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5577471

bison calf

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #5577476

This is an elk. As you can see, the elk and bison are not particularly afraid of cars or people.

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #5577670

That is correct, Kelli. When we were in Yellowstone 4 yrs. ago, a big bull bison had traffic stopped while he meandered down the road. He finally crossed to the other side of the road and went on his way. I think we took a photo of the same sign you did (or one very similar, if not in the same location) noting the elevation at the Continental Divide! LOL I didn't have my digital camera at that time and I think I took up 14 or more rolls of film. Digital is sooooo much better!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5578206

Crazy good weather here! Not a bit of rain in the 10 day extended forecast with highs in the 60's to low 70's.

Kelli...Nice tour! Sept. is a wonderful time to visit Yellowstone. The aspen are turning, the elk are bugling and there is a sense of urgency in the air as winter approaches. Best of all the crowds are gone!

kwanjin...If that coleus has a name Sidney will know it!

kiska...Beautiful autumn colors.

I collected stone for the pathway and planted mums around my "project " today. I'm going to sink the stone to ground level so I can easily mow over them.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2008
12:56 AM

Post #5578232

A little splash of color...

early_bloomer

kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2008
1:17 AM

Post #5578339

51 was the high today~ the forecast says this will be the last few days there'll be of getting up to the 50's~~but, they could be wrong:))
E_B~the gardens are fantastic. The work you do is just amazing.
kelli and marsue~ sure is nice seeing the different parts of the US. Each so beautiful and different. Loved the bison and elk pics, kelli.
adina~the sky there is just beautiful.
Sidney~ hope you are doing better and had a great day.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #5578707

bull elk

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:40 AM

Post #5578713

cow elk - They seem to be a lot less skittish than the bulls. We didn't see any bulls this close to the road.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:41 AM

Post #5578717

Gibbon River

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #5578718

Gibbon Falls

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:46 AM

Post #5578733

Tower Falls

(I'll bet someone is wondering when I'm going to get to the geysers. Don't worry, they're coming, but not immediately.)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2008
2:51 AM

Post #5578747

Yellowstone River

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2008
5:36 AM

Post #5579245

Very nice, kelli~

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2008
2:50 PM

Post #5580203

Too much to catch up on. Awesome pics, folks! Love them all.

Adina, I meant your elevation from sea level. We're at 4500 feet.

Sidney, I got this coleus from a store bought packet mix. Rainbow or Wizard or something like that.

We got rain yesterday! Yea! A cloudburst hit us around 3pm and lasted 10 minutes, dumping about 1 1/2 inches on us. Today, the sun is out and it's beautiful.

74 expected.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2008
3:34 PM

Post #5580371

Celia: do you ever have the urge to throw Monty around your neck and wear him like a fur? (sorry I asked!--LOL)

Overcast and currently 69 here.

Loving the photos of the wildlife and the scenery atYellowstone and the Tetons, Kelli! Looks like you are getting plenty of practice with that new camera!

EB: it's the time of year for "mums". Mine are loaded with buds and beginning to bloom. These were a bargain--bought at the end of the season last year for 25 cents each! Can't get much more of a bargain than that! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2008
3:48 PM

Post #5580425

Kelli, the doe's may only get hunted on special days, so they don't fear the way the bucks do.
I know that was true of deer in NC.
Kiska, I am sunburned and tired, but I am feeling better.
Celia, yes that's a good ole shade loving coleus. Maybe Wizard Rose.
It rained all night and is almost sunny.
We're expecting rain for next few days.
Really nice out.
Sidney
kiska

(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5581289

43 rain/fog ~ nearly noon.
Glad you're doing better, Sidney.
marsue~great bloomin' bargain for sure:)
kwanjin~love the pet pics; such characters and Monty is one, too.

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5581943

Kelli Thank you for taking us on your trip! I look forward to more pictures. I have to say Id have worn out my camera on the trip LOL!
Marsue - Jeff didnt want to say anything about Garys bad day. It was more an emotional deal than physical. He likes the port LOL! Love the ranch I could spend some time on that spread! Great pictures!
Adina Nice rainbow and sunset!
E_B You have an amazing talent for design. The garden is just beautiful : )
Celia Monty is adorable!
Kiska Brrrr looks really cold in the last picture. It's a beautiful scene!

It was so nice outside yesterday I spent the whole day in the garden! Paid for it last night and today. I have a problem thinking I'm still 20 and can do it all in one day. I've got aches and twitches every where LOL! But I had a good time. We received 1 of rain this morning. Its been a tad warmer today than yesterday and the humidity was higher.

76.5 F / 24 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 68 F / 20 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the SW
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 F / 26 C
UV: 1 out of 16
Few 1500 ft / 457 m
Scattered Clouds 2500 ft / 762 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Low 72. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

3 Gulf Frits on Lady Margaret

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 22, 2008
12:46 AM

Post #5582452

Lovely Photos!
Thanks!

Cool nights... warm sunny dry days...
Fall is here!

I had to work yesterday so we didn't get much FPR work done.
We poured one side of the foundation and finished the sheathing on that wall.

Here's Wu checking out the foundation before we poured it.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2008
12:47 AM

Post #5582458

Hi, everyone! I haven't read everything yet, but I thank you for all of the prayers and phone calls! We're still out of power, but had no real damage. We lost a lot of limbs from the pecan trees in the backyard, and the power lines are down behind our house and another house down the block. We have heard rumors that it should be repaired and the power back on tomorrow night, but we're not holding our breath. It would be awfully nice, though. A cold front came through last Sunday and dropped the temperatures and humidity, which was SUCH a blessing! We've had the windows open and have been enjoying the nice breezes. The humidity is back now, though, and we all had trouble sleeping last night.

Right now we are at church, where they have a/c and a wireless network. They are starting to lock up, so we need to get out of here soon. It's tempting to just stay here on the comfy couches all night, but I suppose we would probably trigger the motion detectors. That could make us pretty unpopular with the pastor who would have to come answer the alarm! LOL

Talk to you all (hopefully!!) soon!
~ Marylyn

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #5582483

I DO put Monty around my neck! LOL He's a bit heavy but...or should I say...He ain't heavy, he's my cat? ;-)

I've been following the check-in for Ike on the other thread. Good to know everyone is okay.

72 and slightly breezy. 30% chance of more rain tonight and tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2008
1:05 AM

Post #5582572

Hi Marylyn!!!

Celia - That looks like a Boo pose!

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 22, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5582585

I am finally back!! My computer went kaput on me last month and I wasn't able to find out it was a goner til early last week. I ordered a new one and have been back online for a few days now. Still playing catch up but will get there eventually. :~)

Weather here is gorgeous!! A bit on the hot side with temps around 80* but over all it could be a lot hotter.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2008
7:17 AM

Post #5583651

Hey, Pepper! Welcome back! We missed you lots and lots.

LOL at Boo!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2008
9:37 AM

Post #5583731

Good Morning!

Welcome back Pepper! We missed you.

74.7 F / 23 C
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 70 F / 21 C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa(Falling)
Heat Index: 73 F / 23 C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 900 ft / 274 m
Mostly Cloudy 2000 ft / 609 m
Overcast 13000 ft / 3962 m

Today
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. High 81. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

I have one more bud on e. hookeri

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

September 22, 2008
10:49 AM

Post #5583796

Mornin'! Mornin'! It's very Dyson Dark. I just lost my entire post (my 'dumbness'), and am running out of time...must get ready for work.
At Bluefield...
46F (Feels like 46F) Sunrise: 07:09
Sunset: 19:19
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 2.50 m
Fog
Wind: CM0 (? What does this mean?)
Barometer: 30.35

Marlyn! YAY!!! Glad that you are all right & hope that you get back on line today! ;)
Kelli! Thank You so Much! I love all of your shots...but the Gibbon Falls is my favorite! :D
Marsue, Thank you as well! Did you find a copy of NG?
Sharon & Celia...LOL at your kitties! ;)
Ric, I absolutely love Wu! She's beautiful! Did she give you an 'A' on your foundation? :D
Kiska, With the rain/fog...Gorgeous! But now it (fall & winter) begins.

I will have trivia this evening. :D

Have a really Great Day!
Joey

(a pic from the past)

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2008
11:14 AM

Post #5583840

Happy first day of Fall!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

September 22, 2008
4:17 PM

Post #5584988

This thread has moved to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/905736/

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2008
4:18 PM

Post #5584994

The cats are sleeping, the laundry is done, dishes are put away, I don't have to work today and the rain is falling gently outside. The neighborhood is quiet. A gentle breeze is whispering around the eaves. A book is nudging my elbow; it wants me to finish it. Shh...don't wake the world.

50F with 66 expected.
Feels like: 50F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 46
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 6 miles
Wind: 9 mph NE
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 7:23 PM
UV Index: 6

Thumbnail by kwanjin

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America