Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

My Fairy Garden

Allen, KS

This is my first post here and I just wanted to share my little Fairy Garden.
A local nursery has for several years had finished gardens in birdbaths, bowls etc and I loved them but they were to pricey.
On one of my visits they were having a work shop that included the container, arbor, three plants and all the soil, rocks, sand and colored glass we wanted to use. They also had other furniture etc that we could purchase.
Well my days plans changed in a heartbeat.
I was in the miniature business for 16 years, making and selling plants, flowers and holiday decorations and teaching workshops so this was right up my alley.

I've since added a few more trillums (I think that's what they're called) and a Fairy.
My grandaughter fell in love with it and now we're planning a Fairy Garden for her under my lilac bush.
We're taking a trip to New Hampshire next week and plan to visit the Fairy houses in portsmouth New Hampshirel (SHOULD BE LODS OF FUN)
http://www.fairyhouses.com/events_current.html#next

Thumbnail by ksgirl
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

oh, that is so CUTE! ...So many things to compliment:

love that swan in the pond, and the orchid basket. Also love the air plant in the urn

great job! :0)

South, TX

Great job!

Allen, KS

I really injoy seeing what everyone has created!

It gets to cold here to have plants outdoors in the winter so I like to change my little garden from time to time and this is how I have it now.

I found the little Fairies with butterfly wings on ebay, only problem then have no clothes so my plan is to make them some from silk leaves.
All the plants are real except for the mini Orchids which are made from clay and baked.

Well for some reason I can't get a picture to post so will try again later!

This message was edited Jan 4, 2009 11:12 AM

Allen, KS

OK! I figured it out, so here is my Fairy Garden picture.

Thumbnail by ksgirl
South, TX

Your little garden is absolutely adorable. Those fairies are precious! Great job!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.