Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Tiny Gardens: My Fairy Garden

Communities > Forums > Tiny Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Tiny GardensReplies: 5, Views: 217
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ksgirl
Allen, KS

September 12, 2008
3:04 PM

Post #5542668

This is my first post here and I just wanted to share my little Fairy Garden.
A local nursery has for several years had finished gardens in birdbaths, bowls etc and I loved them but they were to pricey.
On one of my visits they were having a work shop that included the container, arbor, three plants and all the soil, rocks, sand and colored glass we wanted to use. They also had other furniture etc that we could purchase.
Well my days plans changed in a heartbeat.
I was in the miniature business for 16 years, making and selling plants, flowers and holiday decorations and teaching workshops so this was right up my alley.

I've since added a few more trillums (I think that's what they're called) and a Fairy.
My grandaughter fell in love with it and now we're planning a Fairy Garden for her under my lilac bush.
We're taking a trip to New Hampshire next week and plan to visit the Fairy houses in portsmouth New Hampshirel (SHOULD BE LODS OF FUN)
http://www.fairyhouses.com/events_current.html#next

Thumbnail by ksgirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 13, 2008
1:11 AM

Post #5544694

oh, that is so CUTE! ...So many things to compliment:

love that swan in the pond, and the orchid basket. Also love the air plant in the urn

great job! :0)
Sallysblooms
South, TX

September 13, 2008
4:04 AM

Post #5545409

Great job!
ksgirl
Allen, KS

January 4, 2009
4:53 PM

Post #5964777

I really injoy seeing what everyone has created!

It gets to cold here to have plants outdoors in the winter so I like to change my little garden from time to time and this is how I have it now.

I found the little Fairies with butterfly wings on ebay, only problem then have no clothes so my plan is to make them some from silk leaves.
All the plants are real except for the mini Orchids which are made from clay and baked.

Well for some reason I can't get a picture to post so will try again later!

This message was edited Jan 4, 2009 11:12 AM
ksgirl
Allen, KS

January 4, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #5964835

OK! I figured it out, so here is my Fairy Garden picture.

Thumbnail by ksgirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sallysblooms
South, TX

January 5, 2009
12:19 AM

Post #5966660

Your little garden is absolutely adorable. Those fairies are precious! Great job!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tiny Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miniature gardens delphiniumdiva 73 Jul 1, 2008 5:30 PM
Miniature Garden BassetMom 43 Jul 4, 2008 11:48 AM
Garden gnomes in their natural habitat. Pixydish 236 Mar 17, 2009 7:46 PM
Miniature Garden Marcy_1 37 Mar 21, 2010 7:42 PM
Faries Anyone AFDolly 22 Jul 25, 2007 2:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America