IKE Check-In, please let us know!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Please post here who is okay, who you have heard from EVEN if it's posted in the TX forum (which lots of us elsewhere don't read). Also, many of us are prepared to help if it is needed.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

vossner (nery) is ok.

Thanks, Debi... Ric said Marylyn_TX is ok, no power. Here's the TX Forum check-in thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/902550/

Check-in will be s l o w, with so many power outages and Ike still churning.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm evacuated, but waiting on home updates. Shouldn't be any issue, except that it's an older mobile home, and there are plenty of trees in the yard.

Will edit when I have a better idea.

EDIT : All is well. Just got a phone call from a friend that drove to the house, went inside, looked around. He also fed the stray kitten that has been living underneath. Horse fenceline is good as well.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2008 10:53 AM

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

MarilynTx is O.K. also.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i just on the weather channel that new iberia is flooded out. is that mini-schnuz or redrose or both? anybody checking on louisianna people?

Mini was posting often up until late last night. I think she and redrose are still friends but rr wasn't mentioned in mini's posts.

Dave used to do some wonderful maps for us, with an ID pin for each subscriber's location. Made it easy to see who was where...

This message was edited Sep 13, 2008 11:57 AM

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Anyone heard from Dave????

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

UniQueTreasures and maidentheshade have left Beaumont & evacuated to San Antonio http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5545036

I just sent him a dmail. He was in the path too, although inland quite a bit.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

dave is in Jacsonville, they are expecting heavy rains and high winds anytime now, as re Lorraine R, catlady, Cocoa-lulu, Ddetex, easttexyardboy, all the East Texas folks...Tornadoes could spawn from this end of the storm, so keep 'em all in prayer..

"eyes"

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I have dmailed him earlier but no response yet... I was thinking that since he host the forum from his home we would not be able to communicate... He told me once that the actuall servers were in Houston... (not that I trully understand the entire thing)...

thanks!

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I was in touch with greersfolly (Bonnie) in Katy, TX this morning at 9:30. She was OK then, but no electricity but she has a generator. Since then, the mayor said they shouldn't drink the water and I have been trying to get ahold of her again to tell her. No calls are going through now. :(

I will keep trying.

Susan
=^..^=

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Checking in from Sugar Land.

Lost power at 11:00 pm last night. It's a miracle it's on now.....spotty. Worst of the worst hit here around 5:30 am. Looks like tornadoes hit the neighborhood. Roofs gone on an entire row of 12 houses. Lost most of the fence here and several trees but we are safe and okay. Very scary.

Praying for everyone else.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

knolan, I'm so sorry...do you know if anyone was injured in those houses? Glad you're safe!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

There are casualties...but they're not releasing details as of yet...

"eyes"

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Up until yesterday San Antonio was told to expect strong wind and some rain. Thus far it is sunny, very warm and humid, a bit breezy. Would be nice to get some needed rain but I won't complain. My cousins in Rockwall and Dallas are getting rain. Haven't heard yet from the Tyler cousins...hope they're okay. Yuska

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Kristi, I'm praying that you and family and people there stay safe.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you all for the pryers and wished.

As far as I know, everyone in those houses are safe. We've walked down several times and spoken to neighbors. Our guest room is open should anyone need to stay the night. I still can't believe we already have power. Kudos to our community planners.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

In Northwest Houston, we made it through and even have power back!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad all of you are safe. We are praying for those that have not checked in yet.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Anyone heard from brigidlilly in Lumberton?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Waiting to hear from Saint in Houston---?araness

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

any news of podster and cocoa_lulu? and i know melvatoo is near dallas, but still could have damage. where are you all?

This message was edited Sep 13, 2008 5:47 PM

South of Winnipeg, MB(Zone 3a)

I have heard from Sandy - ilovejsus99 in Baytown. She says she is OK.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

here's another checking in on another thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5547656

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just went thru Ike--we just got power back on because we have underground
lines (house 15 yrs). Everyone and I mean everyone has major roof damage (on
homes less than 10 years--mine is 15yrs) and EVERYONE has fences down. Part
of my fence was built in April and its the only one in the neighborhood up.
My next door neighbors bedroom roof collapsed from water earlier this
morning. Those that did not board windows--there is a lot of broken windows.

And we were on the CLEAN side of the hurricane.
Debbie
N hwy 6, west Houston

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

I just spoke with Beck5711 in Colemesneil (sp?). Her and Lyle are fine, storm door is gone and looks like a "war zone" but okay. They have a generator. Her mother in the nursing home is okay. The nursing home lost power about 2 hours, but had a generator.

Still prayers coming your way. Peg

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Saint is actually in Orange, close to Beaumont (unless, she has moved and I don't realize it). There is a good chance that she is without power. They were on the dirty side of the storm and I know that it is still raining pretty hard there, even if the wind has stopped (which I don't know for sure that it has). They were under a tornado watch earlier, but that may have expired. Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Major GOOD NEWS!
I just talked to ilovejesus99 in Baytown, TX.
Sandy ^8^ says she's OK!
LOTS of yard damage but her house appears to have weathered the storm in fine shape.
No power but her landline phone is working fine....

She says it's blazing hot and humid.
So hot her feet are sweating!
AND she's eaten so many Klondike bars she's sick......

If anyone whould like to call her DMail me please.
She said if she doesn't answer it's because it's too hot to run to the phone! LOL!

Ric

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

YAY!!! That is good news!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm on vacation in Montana so I am safe.... don't know how my condo in clear lake fared. I live off nasa rd 1, on nassau bay. good thing my condo is elevated. my moms house in deer park is ok, some tree damage, roof shingles gone. my boyfriends house in la porte has a huge old oak tree uprooted and laying on it. My dad who lives off Todville in Seabrook tried to go to his house but they aren't letting anyone back yet. He says Nasa rd 1 under water. Kemah has a lot of destruction. I was supposed to be flying home today but all the flights are canceled. Got a new flight for tomorrow afternoon, but that was canceled also. Don't know when I'll be able to get home, just hanging out at the airport in Spokane until Hobby opens again.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Hooray for Sandy and thanks for the laugh! We are generating so we could flush ~ 8 )) Power went out around 8:30 and lights out in town too. We have a large tree on the powerline on the highway and I am sure much more damage.

We just have a MESS! Think the roof is o.k. The trees that came down didn't hit building, road or powerline. I took a page from my cats book. Spent the day napping, reading and jumping at crashes.

Glad to see all that have reported in. Thoughts & prayers as IKE goes north. He has been a "bad boy"!!!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

glad to see that you are safe and still laughing, podster!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm glad your safe, Podster! This was crazy, huh?

A man down the street from us left town and left his dog in the backyard. Had I known it before, I would have brought the dog down here. I cannot believe that poor thing was left out there to fend for himself. Not even a dog house.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Need to leave that guy out in the backyard! GRRRRrrrr!
Glad it was no worse than it was for you.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

double grrrr.......too much going on right now, but he needs to be reported.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

Call in an animal cruelty complaint on that guy. The poor dog will probably have PTSD the rest of its life even if it isn't injured. You don't DO that to an animal!
Glad to hear everybody reporting in...safe and sound.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Whomever talked to Vossner--tell her the Louisiana Iris that she wanted to order on Sept 11 (Friday) are fine but that she needs to contact me thru my website. I'll be a bit too busy to check in here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images