Photo by Melody

Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum): Isn't DG great?

Communities > Forums > Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)Replies: 2, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2008
4:39 AM

Post #5549474

I have learned what several KY wildflowers are from DG members. So those are really good books, huh? I've been wanting a good book on native plants. Thanks! Gorgeous pics, too!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2008
4:47 AM

Post #5549489

Well, those are the two I have..not that I'm an expert. Audubon has color photos, and is a size you could carry on a walk. and the Grimm has black and white sketches and is much thicker (includes shrubs)but pretty big to tote around. I kind of like both. I found the Grimm one at the library first, so I'd suggest if someone has no books at all, maybe look at the library first to see what you like.
(I use a 'painting' style bird book, and find the photo style bird book strange to look at, but that's just me.)

and there are so many bugs on this flower, you just walk up and get six different ones in a minute.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2008
4:53 AM

Post #5549511

Ahh, good idea to check the library, thanks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
white and fuzzy gloriag 2 Sep 14, 2008 3:36 PM
It makes me wish I had one! BennysPlace 7 Sep 15, 2008 2:35 PM
YOU are becoming quite the Writer!!!!! Gitagal 8 Aug 27, 2012 5:19 AM
Thank you! flowerette 1 Sep 20, 2008 12:38 AM
"Boneset" tufe 1 Sep 21, 2008 11:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America