Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum): white and fuzzy

Communities > Forums > Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)Replies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gloriag
Floyd, VA
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2008
11:15 AM

Post #5549816

Mine, which must be the same thing, is has white, fuzzy blooms. It reminds me of a tall ageratum. It seems to be about 3+feet tall. Is that in the ball park?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2008
2:21 PM

Post #5550287

There are a number of different Eupatorium species (and some species in some related genera that used to be considered Eupatorium but are now something else). There are definitely others that have white fuzzy flowers and would be in this height range, so if you want to be sure what yours is, I'd post it in the ID forum.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2008
3:36 PM

Post #5550593

These get a little fuzzier look as the blooms mature than when they are first opening. What I think of as ageratum might be a more full flower head. Hard to say. And height can vary.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Isn't DG great? KyWoods 2 Sep 14, 2008 4:53 AM
It makes me wish I had one! BennysPlace 7 Sep 15, 2008 2:35 PM
YOU are becoming quite the Writer!!!!! Gitagal 8 Aug 27, 2012 5:19 AM
Thank you! flowerette 1 Sep 20, 2008 12:38 AM
"Boneset" tufe 1 Sep 21, 2008 11:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America