Photo by Melody

Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum): YOU are becoming quite the Writer!!!!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)Replies: 8, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2008
7:31 PM

Post #5551439

Sally--you are blossoming as a writer!!!! I mean that! So glad you have become a regular part of the DG "Must Write Articles" bunch. I always enjoy reading anything you, or Sharon write--as your articles are filled with humanity, simplicity, and every-day experiences and pleasures of--YOUR garden, or YOUR memories.

I am still "hiding under the bushel basket"...scared to try! I KNOW I could do some good articles--but the thought of researching and referencing everything just scares me away...
I am such a perfectionist at what i do...and if I cannot be "close to perfect"--I don't want to try...

Shame on me!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2008
8:11 PM

Post #5551548

Thank you kindly my friend. Now, you have at least two good easy ones in you- Wintersweet Bush and Pregnant Onion. No links required. But I know you stay busy anyway.
Thanks for reading and the back-pat!

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2008
9:23 PM

Post #5551731

I know, Sally...I know...just my insecurities rearing their head...

And--I think as a part of the Pregnant Onion story..I would also have to include the Climbing Onion. Each one of them, separately, would not have enough information for separate articles...But--then--I have NOT done any research to speak of on either one...

What was the hardest thing to writing these articles when YOU started?

Off topic--I am not going to Jill's Swap either. Did not dare to ask off another Saturday--as that is one of my 3 days I can work on my availability. Bummer--as I had started some cuttings of my Beef-Steak Begonia, Swedish Ivy, and also could do cuttings of Dragon Wing Begonias.

I AM, half considering, hosting one here---but now it seems that (what is her name????) in PA is also considering it. How about YOU??????

I have far more seeds--and am still collecting them--than plants. LOTS of "Broken Colors" 4 O'clocks. LOTS of a MG I got from happy. I HATE MG's by now!!!! I do not have the garden space for them! Lots and lots more seeds for my red, tall Hibiscus...Swiped a lot of seeds at work from Anise Hyssops (perennial--blue flower spikes) as well. All the blooms had gone to seed--why not? I am "only" deadheading...

Also, am digging up Jill's American Honeysuckle and giving it away to my Store Manager----He is a freak for Gardening---but still does not know what is what and what he needs/wants to do. A total "noobie"! I am trying to turn him on to DG.
He is a ROYAL Type "A" person...never pays attention to anything--unless it has to do with HD. He is a sweetheart, though...
Our store's people are NOT used to living by strict rules. We have been spoiled by the last 2, inept, managers and now we have one that keeps everyone and everything accountable and likes to go by the "BOOK"... People tend to rebel against that...

I like him a lot--but I only am familiar with the "human person" he is--NOT the Store manager. My job in the Phone Center keeps me pretty isolated from all the goings on in the Store. I never can leave it--except when i go to lunch. I only know what I hear other people talking/complaining/bitching about.

Sally---did I give you some Daturas? How are they doing????

I am planning to order some of those amazingly, fragrant Lilies I saw in Latvia. They are called "Chinese Lilies Regale". The catalog I got has them 5 for $9.95. BUT--they have a $35 minimum for shipping. Hart provided me the link to this place--www.john scheepers.com. Would you like to share an order? I was just interested in, maybe, the 5 bulbs--as you know, I do not have the space...
I thought I could get 5 more and send it to my Sister in AK as a X-mas gift--but not sure of the zone limit for them. AK is definitely zone 4. They have been thriving in Latvia for ages. I am guessing Latvia is about zone 5-6. Let me know after you check out the link.
hart thought that there "must" be other places that do not have a minimum. I have not looked into it yet...

OK! Enough gabbing...Gita

Here's the Lilies I am talking about...Oh, my God--the fragrance as evening descends!!!!! It will give you a headache! There are other colors as well in the catalog.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2008
9:24 PM

Post #5551734

Another shot...

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #5552281

LOL- I'll get back to you via dmail..!
Fitsy
Hayesville, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #5553866

Sallyg, thank you HEAPS for the wonderful article about a
wonderful weed. I love wonderful weeds, and love learning
about them,

Gitagal, I'm impatiently waiting to hear about the pregnant
and climbing onions!
Fitsy
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2008
1:27 PM

Post #5553934

Sally, I agree with Gita, Your article is fun, informative and well written. Great job.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2008
2:36 PM

Post #5554199

Fitsy and HollyAnn, Thank you for your kind comments!
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

August 27, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #9255110

This subreddit is another great resource for plant identification: http://www.reddit.com/r/whatsthisplant! Hope it helps in your next quest! (Those guys are FAST too!)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Isn't DG great? KyWoods 2 Sep 14, 2008 4:53 AM
white and fuzzy gloriag 2 Sep 14, 2008 3:36 PM
It makes me wish I had one! BennysPlace 7 Sep 15, 2008 2:35 PM
Thank you! flowerette 1 Sep 20, 2008 12:38 AM
"Boneset" tufe 1 Sep 21, 2008 11:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America