Problem - Can't paste description on item

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Never had this problem before. I was trying to add a new item, got the price and pic and category on fine, then could not paste the description on. I did click on the "Allow website access" button. Is this just a glitch, or can I no longer copy and paste ?? I just tried it on this thread and it worked.

North Augusta, ON

To paste, you need to hit ctrl. V and a window will pop up in which you can paste whatever you want. Be sure to hit the, I believe it is "insert"(been awhile) button at the bottom of the window.

Ctrl. C is copy if you ever need it.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Azalea:

I had that same problem a little while ago. I started over again and it was fine. Sometimes links to photo's won't show up immediately either until you go back in and edit for a second time. I just tried to paste on one of my listings and this feature still seems to be working.

Kat

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I have tried and tried, I hit ctrl V and ctrl c and still nothing - it says Error on page. Maybe Dave can help.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

What order are you doing those in? You have to do ctrl-C first to copy the thing that you want, then ctrl-V to paste it in. If you're doing those in the wrong order that could be your problem.

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

Try rebooting your computer. My previous computer had a cranky clipboard and I would have to reboot to make it happy again ;-)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Ok, I re booted and copied my description, the hit both ctrl c and ctrl V and still nothing - maybe dh can help soon. This is weird, because I have listed many things with no problem. i do think that the Error on page mesage must mean something! Thanks all for trying to help tho.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Does the message say anything besides Error on Page? The other thing you might do is try it with a different computer and/or a different browser and see if that fixes things, sometimes there'll be something weird with one browser but it'll work with another one so if you're using IE try Firefox or vice versa.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Are you highlighting what you want to copy before you hit ctrl C first? I forget to do that sometimes.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Problem solved! My smart Dh figured it out. I am using the new Internet Explorer 8 Beta - You have to click on "page" at the top of the page, then click on "Compatibility View". This allows the new IE browser to view content made for the older browser.
I imagine there will be many others with this problem as the new browser is adapted .

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Not if you use Firefox!

Lebanon, OR(Zone 7b)

Firefox is MUCH easier than IE
try it you may like it

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

We tried FF several years ago, DH just does not want it. Thanks anyway. Everything is working great now. I have always had IE, but a new automatic up date was added causing the block.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Sorry to go so far off topic here, but Buggy you said that FF is much easier than IE. I'm just getting started with FF and the only real issue I'm having so far is my list of favorites. I relied heavily on that list....can I do favorites with FF too or does it just use bookmarks? I've never messed with bookmarks much (because I had my favorites, LOL) so I'm not as versed navigating with those.

Tuscaloosa, AL(Zone 7b)

Favorites is just the name IE uses for bookmarks -- they are the same. Earlier versions of IE actually called them "bookmarks".

Karen

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks Karen. I guess I just need to get in there and mess about a bit until I've got it all worked out.

You know...old dog new tricks and all that jazz. LOL.

If you click on Bookmarks, then>Organize Bookmarks,>then at the top is an option to import your Favorites from IE

Tuscaloosa, AL(Zone 7b)

Actually, I prefer FF, too. For example, if you are using IE to reply and go to Preview, should you need to go back to add a photo/change the one you put in or look at a posting on the thread, IE will erase your message and you have to start over. With FF, when you click back like that the message will still be there.

Karen

I haven't used IE since Dave recommended Firefox way back, just took a bit to gt used to. Some sites look funky and a couple only work in IE but otherwise, it's much safer and the tab pages are great.
Here is a nice write up on Firefox vs IE for those still hesitant.
http://www.saqibsaab.com/2008/05/12/firefox-vs-internet-explorer-which-one-i-like-better-and-why/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.