Photo by Melody

Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring: Fall planting

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the SpringReplies: 1, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cagnes
Bryan, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2008
4:59 PM

Post #5559180

Fall planting is definitely the best time to plant most things. However, the nurseries try to clear everything out in August and won't re-order because it is so difficult to keep nursery stock alive in the heat, so it is very frustrating for those of us who share your mindset, at least those of us in zone 8 in Central Texas.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 16, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5559646

I can't even imagine trying to deal with nurseries in Texas heat! All I can suggest is mailorder from somewhere in the East - like Bluestone - who is clearing out their spring/summer inventory in the fall. I know that's expensive!

Thank you for your comment, and for reading.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fall is for planting, fer sure vossner 7 Sep 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Gladiolus bulbs Gisforgran 8 Sep 10, 2008 6:43 PM
Fall is for planting CHOOD 7 Sep 9, 2008 9:09 AM
Platycodon in Zone 6 Patches001 2 Oct 1, 2009 2:04 PM
thank you Carrie! JacalynFromCanada 1 Sep 9, 2008 9:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America