Fencing issue

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

I thought this might be the best place to post my question ...

I fenced in my formal garden against the deer with 6 foot fencing around a 40x90 foot area ... it keeps the deer out but now the rabbits can get in since the holes are about 2x4 inches ... I'm thinking of putting chicken wire 2 feet high around the outside of the fence ... this could be quite a project given the size ... any ideas of a quick way to fasten this to the fence or any other ideas about how to keep the rabbits out? I'd like to keep the rattlesnakes out too (had one in the garden this year ...) ... ahhh the country!

Thumbnail by crockny
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

you could use them plastic zip ties, I think that is what thy are called. Or get some small wire and tie the chicken wire on with.

Gate (Rochester), WA(Zone 7b)

"J" clips will work also. Cutler's supply sells them. Also, my local farm supply stores do. they are also called 'Cage Clips'. They are the same clips used to put make the commercial rabbit cages. You will also need a 'J' clip plier.

Cheryl ~ Pea

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks -- I'm trying to avoid things that are obvious to the eye or require tying ... I'll look into the J clips ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images