Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Passifloras: Heavenscint needs seeds

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 8, Views: 88
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 17, 2008
9:17 PM

Post #5564724

I do not grow many vines, so I can not help her out, but I thought some of you might be able to.
Caren (heavenscint) lost all her vines in Hurricane Ike before they made her any seeds. That is the only thing she said she would like to have when she was asked if we could help her replace any plants.
She is in the address exchange and she and I both would be grateful if you have any you could send her for a start next spring.
Sandra
budgielover
Pinellas Park, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 18, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5569596

Sandra,
Do you know which ones Caren lost?
Jan...

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 19, 2008
1:32 AM

Post #5570059

No, but she said she lost all her vines, She said she would love any seeds.
Sandra
budgielover
Pinellas Park, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 19, 2008
8:46 AM

Post #5570976

I've just been in touch. I will get her some incarnata, incense and lutea.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 19, 2008
12:24 PM

Post #5571308

Thanks so much, I knew she would not ask for herself, so I did it for her--lol
So glad you can help her out.
Sandra
pfllh
Prattville, AL

September 19, 2008
12:32 PM

Post #5571329

Does she want any other types of vines? I have jasmine and sweet autumn clematis. I know these aren't special but they survived our drought and not beng watered.
Lynn

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 19, 2008
12:36 PM

Post #5571343

All she mentioned she really wanted was the passifloria. I asked if she needed any plants and this was her wish. She had several vines that were ruined by the salt water muck and they had not made any seeds yet.
She posted some pictures on Mid-South of how close the water came to her house. I think it is on the Ike thread.
Sandra
Heavinscent
South West, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2008
6:06 PM

Post #5655680

Thank you Sandra and all who have contacted me about my vines. She was right I would not have asked myself but I do appreciate the kindness of you all to help me out. I don't stop by this forum very often and I was shocked to see all the new varietys of Passifloras! I have only grown the more common forms for my GF butterflys but I may need to re-think this lol! I have enjoyed reading thru everyone's posts and I thank you all again for your kindness!!
Caren
Heavinscent
South West, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2008
5:08 AM

Post #5900328

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has sent me seeds! I have a few packs that were sent with out DG names so I haven't thanked you personally but that are much appreciated!
Take Care!!
Caren

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America