Contact Information For Memory Garden Moderators

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Please contact one of the moderators below if you know of a fellow Dave's Garden member that has passed away.

Joan http://davesgarden.com/members/Joan/

melody http://davesgarden.com/members/melody/

This message was edited Nov 24, 2008 12:42 PM

Thumbnail by Joan
Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

It is so hard sometimes to walk through the memory garden; so many friends there now...so many loved ones.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Is anyone updating the memory garden?

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Thinking of Ernie too!!!!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I get a 404 File Not Found error message for that link.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

try this link and then scroll down a bit.

http://www.sigsfuneralservices.com/

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

That worked. Thank you. It is a simple and nice obituary.

When my time comes I also do not want any service or fuss so something like that would be what I'd prefer too.

Havelock, Canada

I contacted Joan and she forwarded the message to melody. I know that meezers had sent a request for Ernie (eweed) to be added to the Memory Garden as well. I don't know why it is not being done but I hope soon. Ernie impacted my life so much and blessed me with the gift of Otis. Otis is my best friend and I will be eternally grateful for the gift of Otis and his friendship. He was one of a kind with a huge heart and so much knowledge of gardening and so many other things. He will be missed by me and I am sure he is pain-free up in heaven reunited with all the DG'ers that have passed before him.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

A friend of mine on mid-south gardening contacted admin several times about honoring a long-time DG member, Ruth Yarbrough, who passed away several months ago. Nothing was ever done so now DG has lost two members because my friend Sandra has also non-renewed. Ruth was a huge supporter of DG, even when there were many problems with the transition several months ago and she was sick. Sandra was too. Sandra considered it a real slap in the face when no one acknowledged Ruth when she passed away. Just passing this along to the rest of you since no one seems to care anymore. I'm another who is considering dropping my membership next time it rolls around for renewal.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I was also wondering why Ernie isn't in the Memory Garden. Someone is not doing their job, it seems...........................just sayin'........................

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I sent d-mails back in April and got no response. If they aren't going to keep this forum up then they should close it to any further comments.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I sent another "reminder" to the e-mail address given under "Contact" at the bottom of the page. It could be that Admins no longer directly receive e-mails under the former addresses.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I posted a message about the Memory Garden not being updated on the 9/1/2016 Site Update thread:

NoH2O wrote:
"Several valued, long-time members of DG have died in the last 6 months. Moderators of the Memory Garden have been notified but nothing has been done. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/904310/

Will the Memory Garden be updated as part of this release?"

(The link I included in my post is the link to this thread.)

Terry wrote:
NoH20, that is probably a breakdown in communication between Melody and me - she thought I was doing them,and vice-versa.

If you will send me a list of those you are aware of here: http://davesgarden.com/helpdesk/pf/ I will make sure I get them all taken care of this week."

I suspect the orignal posts sent to the moderators are long gone. So If those of you who have information for the memory garden moderators would go to the DG Site Updates 9/1/16 thread you can post your information there and also use the link Terry posted (in her reply to me) to contact this forum's moderators. Perhaps by using these two options the Memory Garden will finally be updated. Ernie certainly deserves that much respect as does any other member of this site who is no longer with us.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Thank you NoH20

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

You are certainly welcome. I don't have the information necessary for the MG moderators so I hope those that initially contacted (or tried to contact) the moderators will try again and this time get results. Like so many others, I have been incredibly frustrated to see long-term, valuable members of this site ignored after they die.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I am so sad to see this thread hasn't been updated. I have sent requests, and even an obit to Melody, and then to Terry about the death of ernie (weed) who passed in April.

Ernie was a big supporter of DG and a fabulous gardener, was always eager to share his extra plants and would never ever accept anything for the postage. I miss him so, and hope that his name will be entered in the memory garden, as he was the master of that garden!

I'm sorry to hear about Ernie's passing. I remember seeing some of his posts.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm so sorry - I had asked for the info to be sent to the help desk, and I haven't seen info on Ernie or Ruth.

I have placed the forgetmenot graphic on their pages. I've started a thread for Ernie, but realized after I started that I didn't have a photo of him. I also don't have obituary details for either Ernie or Ruth (they been removed from the funeral home's websites). If anyone has more details and photos to share, please let me know. As soon as I have some info on Ruth, I'll set hers up as well.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Terry, I sent you a dmail on June 8 2016 with all the details of Ernie Weed's death. If you go back and look, I think you will have most of the information.

Bonnie

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I contacted Terry this morning to remind her that the Memory Garden still had not been updated for Ernie or for Ruth Yarbrough. She said she was unable to find the information that had originally been sent to the MG contacts. Terry started a thread for eweed but it listed Ernie as Ernie Neuman, not Ernie Weed. I sent Terry the link to Ernie's obituary. I also contacted OutsidePlaying and asked her to send the information about Ruth Yarbrough (Yardbird) to Terry and she is going to do that. Hopefully there will be updated threads for Ernie and for Ruth in the Memory Garden very soon.

Candy aka NoH2O

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I didn't think Ernie's last name was Neuman. LOL I wondered where that came from.

Thank you so much Candy (NoH2O). Your efforts are much appreciated. I know Terry has been trying (via contact with her friend Sandra on FB) to get some additional information and a photo. I've been searching here too with no luck. Apparently the photos were pulled on DG. I'm hoping Sandra (she was slcdms) can come up with one.

Bonnie I will dig for it - thank you for sending it, and for remembering where you sent it :-).

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terry, if Joan is not one of the people to contact maybe the first thread should be updated.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I am so sad to see that Sharaan (Sharon Brown) died Saturday. She was just so wonderful/kind/funny/sweet in all that she did.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

Just to let you all know that Ernie Weed's daughter, Sparkling_101, has commented on her Dad's thread in the Memory Garden. I think she would love to hear from all of you who loved her Dad. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1432660/

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terry, once again - is the contact information correct in the sticky post at the top?

Elsie, I'm going to close this thread. There's now a link at the top to reach us when you learn of a member's passing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.