The home stretch Log home prt 8

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Well i can't believe we are in the home stretch.
Wow what a ride it has been.
we came from over here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/887035/
So today the plumbers are finishing up. Friday the electical guys will be there to finish up and then I have no idea what is next. Oh the well needs to get tested .
I cleaned up a bit around the property
I really need to get the glass from the broken window in the Kubota and get that cleaned up. Where to put all the broken shades of glass is ?? I guess i will have to put it in the garbage that is already pretty full . yikes
blessings
sue

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ok, lets get this thread rolling. lol. I'm so thankful you are this far along, Sue.

Check around to see if there is a glass recycler(?)in your area and keep the glass separate if there is. That stuff is dangerous even in a landfill. Remember, glass doesn't decompose either. It just breaks up into smaller and smaller pieces when disturbed, but it is still there and can cut the flesh of anything that comes in contact with it or intestines of anything that accidentally ingests it with something else.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

yes i got a bucket to put the glass in. Good idea on the recycle , never thought of that . ? i will check into it.
There is alot on the ground , don't what i can do with it .
Thanks again Dusty for the link LOL i forgot to put it with the other thread LOL sheesh *blush*
well electric guy is there today. Have to go meet iwth him soon
Unfortunatly there is not a hotel around for these guys to stay at . They drive back a 2 hr drive , Since the hurricane there isn't a motel or a hotel anywere in a 30 mile radius .
Returned the neighbors sign that came off his barn . He is a biker and builds custom bikes. He wants to trade my truck for a custom bike LOL very tempting lol :)
ok got to run
ttyl
sue

here is the damage we had . We were very lucky . we still had power and no one got hurt. :)
the tree doesn't look like much but it broke the window

Thumbnail by taynors

big branch and then there is one hanging still "widow maker " they call them . We do have a guy comming to help us with the tree's.

Thumbnail by taynors

close up of window

Thumbnail by taynors

today was clean up day.
Got the glass out of the kubota . I think we will be finding glass for a while. It sure hides in all the smallest places. I spent about 1 hr sweeping and picking it out. lolol
then went around picked up garbage around the woods. Worked of the donuts i ate this morning. lol
The electricians are hard at work. The ligts are good. I just got some to put in until we get what we really like. These are cheap and most on clearance , they don't match but that is ok.
I have an antler chandaleir for the living room comming in Oct. I think it will be nice. :)
They also have the ceiling fans up . I spent money on them . They are a log home look . Just couldn't resist those. THey have mooses on them .
They are putting lights in the basement also . That is very nice of them. :) i didn't think they would do that ?
So things were a bit busy today
will have pics tomorrow
ttyl
sue

one more pic of glass

Thumbnail by taynors
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

ouch! ib et folks here in Texas would not believe i know someone in OHIO with Ike damage...

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

According to the weather channel Ike went thru the NEern part of the central states almost to New England. Those of us who didn't get wind got rain.

Sue, do you have a Shop Vac? It will pick up a lot of that glass you will otherwise miss.

Yep we had a class 1 hurricane the left over from Ike
No we don't have a shop vac , the thought did cross my mind. I just used a small broom and dust pan. Then drove around on the bumpiest part of the driveway , so the rest would bounce off
going to farm today to do the rest of the mowing and take pics
sue

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Sue, a couple Shop Vacs will be worth every penny of the investment. One 5 gallon one for the large jobs & one one or 2 gallon one for small jobs. Be sure the small one will do wet as well as dry jobs. However, using one for dry jobs in the house will just blow it all over the place again as they are 'straight thru' vacs with no exhaust filters to catch the dust. But you can tape a dust mask over the exhaust place to catch it. But they are great for helping to pick up big spills and clean out plugged up stools and drains. If the water won't go thru the drain, just pull it back out. You may even remove the problem.

I hate to tell you this, but you have now 'sowed' glass all over the driveway. Those tiny pieces will forever be there to stick in feet, tires, etc.

It is hard for me to get excited so that it shows very much, but I am really glad that your moving days are nearly here. Can you start taking small loads of things out to the house yet? Like maybe items that are in storage? Just to string out the job and make it a little easier when you are finally ready to move in. Can you sleep there even on weekends yet? That would give you some extra time to work and the children somewhere to run and play while you work. If they are getting new or new to you bedroom furniture maybe you could get that delivered and set up. It took me 3 weeks or more to move one mile from our old home to this one in '73.

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Ummm Leaf.... Even if she did have a shop vac, which I have one she could use...there is no power out there yet...They are just now installing the receptacles and hooking up the wiring...

Sue, there is a motel here in Urbana!! Tell the guys... also one in Enon...

Oh we have POWER AR AR AR

lights action , plumbing !!!
Austin got to do the very first flush today !!!
we weren't sure if it was ok to use it , but so far so good LOL
here is the kitchen sink

Thumbnail by taynors

close up of faucets
exciting isn't it ? lol :)

Thumbnail by taynors

I m supposed to feed kids but i m waiting for the water to boil. I was going to go get something down town but .... to lazy lol
kitchen lights

Thumbnail by taynors

fan lights in loft

Thumbnail by taynors

See the power ! ? oh its soooo nice to have lights on

Thumbnail by taynors

upstairs bath lights

Thumbnail by taynors

here are some shrooms i found on a log
neat huh ?
I just wonder what kind they are ?
they are bright orange my camera doesn't do them justice , they really are pretty

Thumbnail by taynors
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh, Sue, I'm so excited for you. Now you really CAN stay at the new house if you want to. You can cook, bathe, potty, wash dishes, etc. The kitchen lights and faucets are fab as are the others.

Those mushrooms may look like butter coated fried eggs, but please don't eat them. lol.

nope i just take pics of them .

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We traveled down to KY RU by way of central IL. We then went across KY & IN to the other side of Cincinnati. There was IKE damage all the way. They said 85 MPH wind in
the Lake Barkley area. Up near Payneville at Misty meadows farm it hit 100 MPH. Corn everywhere is flat on the ground. Down in Lake Barkley area some tobacco barns burned down because of the winds. The drying fires were whipped up by the winds & caught the buildings on fire. Lots of trees & branches down all over. We saw some buildings heavily damaged as well.

I'm glad to hear your house is coming along. Now you can find all the little things to finish up that you haven't thought about. LOL!
Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Wow poor Misty. There are still people with out power., Hopefully by this weekend they will have everyone up and running
Glad she is ok
Oh i hope next year i can make the KY RU . :)
We should be closing on Monday !! but the bank will give the ok for move in on Friday. I have a mini RU to go to on saturnday
ttyl
sue

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

so tomorrow you can move in. WOOT!!!! YEA!!!!!!

they finished the grading and plumbing. They also got the window wells in . Used bricks with little steps for an easy escape.

Thumbnail by taynors

cutting brick

Thumbnail by taynors

widow well with stairs

Thumbnail by taynors

the final gradeing
its fun to be able to drive all the way around the house and not be bumped off from a deep hole or rut in the ground, Nice and smoooooth. :)

Thumbnail by taynors

More gravel for the driveway

Thumbnail by taynors

we have a nice path for the basement door to the circular driveway Yeah no more mud !!!

Thumbnail by taynors

Dave hard at work raking in the pathway

Thumbnail by taynors

aint it PUUUUURRRRDY !

Thumbnail by taynors

more pics of driveway

Thumbnail by taynors

Today was busy
this morning we planted the plants in the circular island . FIL helped made it alot easier , we kicked tushy getting them all in.
Then the mulch came so tomorrow i will be shoveling mulch and a few more plants that need to go in are my peonies and a few more daylillies.
The gas co was supposed to come out and hook us up buuuut they didn't have us on their calendar Grrrr. so i have to wait 2 weeks !! uhg . Might call another gas company . See if i can get someone out earlier.
There is so much little things to do . They forgot to stain the kitchen island underneath .They still have a linen closet to get in and a shower door. I think the company is getting to big for the amount of work they are getting . ? they are doing 10 houses this year. i just don't think they have the man power, so that is why its taking so long and they are forgetting alot of things , ? i have no idea.
I pass two buggies everyday driving the kids to school. Kinda neat . Apparently there is a big Amish colony in our area of DeGraff.
I do worry 235 is a big busy St Rt . I worry about their safety.
Well i also got a mailbox today and returned my antler lighting. Just was to fake looking ! ? I mean there is fake and then there is really fake!! looking. The woman almost gave me to much money back, i quickly pointed this out , i got my calculator out to show her. Good thing i caught that ! she would have been in trouble coming up 200 bucks short .
take care
sue

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Were the antlers fake?

Yes they were fake ones , but they were really fake looking , they looked like plastic with paint on them . LOL they looked much better in the catolog LOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's too bad. The real ones look cool. And the nice thing about them is that they are shed antlers. You don't have to kill the deer to get them. Sustainable!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Sue, I'm so glad you are getting to move in tomorrow. That is a dream come true. Will you have a mover or are friends helping you to do it? A lot of your household is in storage isn't it? Do you have to be out of the apartment in a week or so or are you keeping it for another month or whatever you can? I know this is going to be a hectic week or two for you and the children.

My heart aches for those suffering the damages from these terrible storms. The emotional damage is as bad or worse than the material damage. I only hear from our DD once a week or so when she can get a neighbor to let her use her cell phone for a few minutes to let me know they are ok. And still hoping to go back to VA quickly. She has friends she hopes will let them stay with them while they get jobs and become independent again. I pray it happens as long as it doesn't put her back in the drug world again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images