2008 KYRU - Prizer Point Marina, Kentucky

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Howie and I have been here since last Sunday. Other DG folks started showing up last night. :) I'm just starting this thread as a starting point for our pictures.

Here's our camper last night. Just after I took this, Floridian (Stacey) and Paul pulled up. Great timing! The camper belongs to my folks and we're very thankful for the loan. That's Howie by the fire.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

No one else? The wireless signal is pretty poor here at Prizer Point this year. There is no signal at all in the condos. We'll be posting pictures in the next few days, I'm sure. In the meantime, here is the group picture! Names later...Along with a better shot I will make available for people to order from some online photo service.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

WOW !!! Big hugs to each of you - so very happy to see so many friends - what a wonderful photo :)

Dea

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

HELLOOOOO everyone!

Oh, how I want to be there again. I miss so many of you and would love to meet many of the people I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet.

This photo is great this year Kim. I love the way you can see everyone. Oh, and there is my favorite poochie, Carly. Woof, Woof to you Carly. I don't see Mr. Smile (Jesse) or Sally though. Sally is getting so big now that I probably wouldn't even recognize her anyway. :-)

Jerry has been watching the big golf tournament (Ryder Cup) that is up in Louisville this weekend and we can see how lovely the weather is for you all down there. I hope your having a wonderful time and I know many of us that couldn't be there are watching for all that you are sharing with us.

Say hello to everyone for me, ok?
Hugs to all,
Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oops, duplicate post!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 7:58 PM

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, Dea! And, Donna, we miss you! Jo showed us your sweet e-mail. *sniffle*

We've had great weather all week...Up until about a half hour ago. This is what's happening now! LOL

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Horseshoe, this picture is especially for you....

Those of you who have Facebook, here is Howie's mobile photo uploads from our trip: http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=40122750459#/album.php?aid=48890&id=705710459 Send him a friend request if you can't see them, and say who you are at DG. ;)

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 8:01 PM

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my! What a great group of folks! I see lots of friends I know, lots of friends I wanna know! Thanks, GW! Ya'll look like you're having a great time! I can hear the screaming "hello's"! Ya'll are having the time of your lives!

Donna, I'm like you, spotted Carly right quick, the most famous dog this side of the Mississippi! (Except for a dog I know named Rhubarb maybe.) Next year you need to get Jerry to bring ya; I'll be there waiting for ya. (Surely it's against the law to miss yet another year!)

I think Jesse and Sally were out fishing for supper. Reckon they'll be along shortly!

Sure miss not making it this year. No doubt in my mind this is a primo Round Up, one of the bestest! Thanks a gazillion for the pics! (But hope to see more!)

Ya'll are the best!

Smiling,
Shoe

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Well, Shoe, I really was hoping to meet you......it sure was fun! Here are a few photos for you, lots of faces you will recognize.

Roadrunner and Defoecat waiting around for the fudge, and boy was there ever a buncha fudge....

Thumbnail by Sharran

And another....

Postmandug from Bardstown, KY.....we found that we both have ties to the mountains of SE KY, small world....he also makes some mean brownies, AND, I got one of his daylilies.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Nanubunny.....and isn't this a great photo! Such a sweet lady.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Doug and Melody....just hanging out with Jo and Bonnie ....

Thumbnail by Sharran

Doug and me, surely cousins from way back...

Thumbnail by Sharran

Miss Lisa......we were waiting for everybody to gather on Friday evening.....this was my first RU, undoubtedly the very best......and I truly was not disappointed. I have forgotten some names, please forgive, and I hope that Kim or somebody else will identify when they check in.

Lisa and Melody and I go on little outings along with lovely Miss Sally sometimes, sure is nice to have Lisa and her family nearby, even though Ike had to come all the way to KY to find her last week.

Thumbnail by Sharran

OOPS...Keith...there you are, how did I miss mentioning you. Keith was one of my students, he and Melody...just a year or two ago when they were in high school. Good students, too.

Floridian.......It was so good to meet Stacey and Paul, such sweethearts. Stacey is another one I had been wanting to meet for a long time. Mel, with them, still on Friday.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Gardenwife.....Kim and Howie are great, and she has the most amazing camera.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Kim and Esther...I feel like I have a whole new world of friends.

Thumbnail by Sharran

One of Mel's surprise guests....a tiger moth. This one was in the condo....we had a wood nymph outside, all kindsa critters there, too.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Around the bonfire on Friday night

Thumbnail by Sharran

Terry and Mel....

Thumbnail by Sharran

And a most awesome moon for all of us.

Thumbnail by Sharran

I'll bet there will be more much better shots of the moon.
This was our entertainment for the evening....

Thumbnail by Sharran
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Sharon, I was hoping to meet you, too. (I even mapquested Calvert City yesterday, just in case I get to come over that way!) Thanks for the pics.

RR/Jo is a favorite of mine, have known her about 74 years now (:>) and she still puts up with me! Defoecat is one I've wanted to meet since she joined DG. Hope the two of them didn't fight over that fudge!

I first met PostmanDug on some thread, liked him immediately and suggested he visit the Round Up forum. Glad he did cus he just got to meet the bestest folks in the world! (Howdy Doug, and thanks for providing the firewood! )

Nanubunny! I'm for real, not a tall tale or myth. (Someone tells me she doubted I really exist!) And I see you are genuine as well. Looks to me like you are having a great time. Hope you kick up your heels!

Melody, nice to see you in that pic. Thanks for all you do for these KY Roundups! You've been an anchor for the KY Roundups from day one. Hope you, Keith, Carly, and YoYo are having a great time with all these great friends.

Bestest of the best,
Shoe

Keith and Terry here.....

There was so much food and so many wonderful door prizes, I can't begin to thank everybody for such a great event. Melody, you did an excellent job of organizing the RoundUp, and Elena, you kept it all together on the thread for us. Thank you so much.

I have more pictures, but they are for another day. I loved meeting all of you, and I do hope we can all be together again next year. Good friends, all.

Wish the rest of you could have been here, too....

Thumbnail by Sharran
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

My goodness! By the time I finish writing a post lots more pictures show up. GREAT! Love it! And thanks!

Glad to see Terry showed up (she needs the break, folks, she's always on the clock!) Sorry to have missed seeing you, Terry. Haven't seen you since the very first original Round Up in Tennesse umpteen years ago...er wait, that was only a few years ago, when we were all in our early twenties, I think.

I'm right there, campfire, good friends, lack of fudge/chocolate (sheesh, who ate it all??). (grin)

Shoe

Shoe....I so wanted you to be here, and since I am only about 30 minutes from PP, it wouldn't be hard to find Calvert City either. Actually, you have been to LBL, and I am just at the north entrance, so very easy to find. (Unless, of course, you have two right hands, which I do. I always turn right, but it is usually the other right)

Anyway, I have lived here 35 years, and got lost trying to get from PP back to the parkway. Thought I was going to have to go back and get Terry's GPS to get home!

Well, yes, there were some times I had to fight Jo and Bonnie for the fudge and for the brownies. Let me tell you Doug makes a wonderful brownie, and I had my share of them....ate a huge chunk, my share of course, on the way home. Still on a sugar high.
YoYo and Carly were two of the highlights, and YoYo made the cutest little treats for all of us.
Carly woke me up this morning with a kiss. Nice.

Great folks, all of them. Good hugs, too.

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

This was my second RU and I loved it!! Keep the pics coming.
Judy

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

lol Sharran, there you go again, talking about MY right and my other right.

looks like a good time and rats, missed Terry again!

Well, K.....
You have a year to make your plans.....we had a great time, and yeah, we missed ya!

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

GW, you did a wonderful job on the group photo!

Thanks all for sharing the pics!

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

This is Bonnie (aka defoecat) demonstrating making leaf castings.

Thumbnail by msrobin
Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

This is Melody demonstrating how to do discharge printing, spraying bleach on denim clothing that has leaves arranged it.

Thumbnail by msrobin
Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Melody showing the finished shirt.

Oops! Sorry I didn't rotate the picture for you.

Thumbnail by msrobin
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Loving these pics! Thanks for posting them everyone.

Hope everyone is home safe and sound!

Shoe

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Horseshoe, I've been wanting to meet you also. You were the first person who welcomed me to DG, and I appreciate that. Jo and I roomed together this year, and I want to grow up to be just like her. I don't like fudge which is fortunate, cause I probably would have drawn back a bloody stub, had I reached for any. A better picture of me is in the group photo, directly behind Virginia.

One of these years, I hope to meet you at the KY RU, and after I learned you had visited mystic or paulette in northeastern Ky, and didn't notify me, 2 hours away, I am still a poutin!!

And Shoe, in the picture I am the one beside Bonnie, holding up Carly's backside so that she wouldn't wiggle out of Mel's arms........she sure had a heavy backside ^_^
And I think Lisa was holding me up.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh noooo, defoecat, not "the pout"! :>)

I'll make it over that way, I love Kentucky and have taken solo-trips from one end to the others before, camping here and there along the way. Unfortunately it is rare to get away from here unless all my bases are covered concerning the farm produce/sales/upkeep/planning/helper when I'm gone, etc. But it can happen! I'm sorry I missed this year's RU; I'd been staring at the September month on my calendar since April!. (And Prizer Point is a great place to camp and hang out with a bunch of good friends and family, ain't it!?)

Glad you got to know Jo, she's one of a kind, eh? You're smart, the only safe way around RR and chocolate is if it was chocolate covered rice!

Shoe

This message was edited Sep 22, 2008 12:19 PM

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy, Sharon, I wondered who that was with Carly's south end! Thanks! I'll figger out who's who in those pics yet!

Shoe

Crossville, TN

Shoe, honey/...you are just one precious bundle of good luck....Jo

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Good luck? Great! That means I'll have better luck getting there next year, right? (Don't all of us gardeners/growers always look forward to "next year"?)

τΏτ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images