-
AuthorContent
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2008
3:40 PM

Post #5572196

I am having trouble saving edited pictures with Picasso. I can download them, and edit them...love it...but when I try and save that edited image all I get is the unedited version. I have searched for a tab, button, something so that my edited version is saved but to no avail. Someone who uses Picasso lots please have mercy on me and HELP!
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2008
4:57 PM

Post #5572455

I assume you are talking about Picasa (Picasso was the painter). Do you do a save as? I just did a quick edit in Picasa and then did a save as and it worked for me.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2008
4:59 PM

Post #5572463

I was just going to say the same thing. Don't you love this program? And it's free.
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2008
11:11 PM

Post #5573797

Thanks folks, I appreciate the help. If it is that simple I will really feel dumb. I tried just SAVE but that didn't seem to do it. I will try your suggestions.
Yes, I love this program. It make notice me have better pics than some of those bigger & more $ cameras. I have a little Cannon Power Shot A510 and I love it. Easy for dummies like me.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #5574891

LOL I don't think you're a dummy. ☺ Just unfamiliar with the program. Nice camera.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2008
3:32 PM

Post #5625157

What version of Picasa are you using? You can find this out by clicking HELP > ABOUT.

On the older versions of Picasa, you had to export your photos in order for the changes made to them to be visible in programs other than Picasa. The newer versions let you "save all changes" via a button at the top of each folder viewed. That creates a backup of the original, plus saves a copy of your photo that includes all the changes you've made.

There is a new version of Picasa out and it has some wonderful new features. However, there is a learning curve as it will have to reindex all of your photos - you'll have to tell the new version which folders to watch, etc. I'd suggest you upgrade to version 2.7 at http://picasa.google.com/download_picasa.html if you don't have it.

Hold off on Picasa 3 until they get some of the bugs worked out. I've been using it ever since Google aquired it, but this new version has frustrated me in a few areas and I wouldn't recommend it to newcomers just yet.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2008 11:33 AM

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 18, 2008
3:21 PM

Post #5686916

I think ladydragon is not saving files after they are edited. The button is shown on top of the thumbnails of the displayed folder. "save changes". Only then it will change and show the edited version in your folder.

I've just downloaded Picasa 3 which has many new fine features and I've instantly begun to love it [d/l just an hour back]. Once you are familiar with the older version, you can go for this version - both are easy to use though. Just a bit of familiarity is required to feel comfortable. Good luck.

What are the bugs gardenwife is mentioning about? Can you let me know, gw?

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 18, 2008
5:41 PM

Post #5687266

Picasa 3 may not index all of your folders unless you take a few extra steps. The photos are all still on your hard drive, you just may not see them in Picasa. There is a lot of information here in the Picasa Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/Picasa/topics

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 19, 2008
8:37 AM

Post #5689797

Since I have chosen to use only those on my desktop and import only the ones required, I don't think indexing will be that necessary for me. Do you know any major drawback if you have come across?
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5691357

I'm using Picasa2 and I am still having trouble making sure that the changes are saved. I love the program and how I can alter the pics to come out better. But saving and making sure I have them in the right folders can be problematic for me.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 20, 2008
9:00 PM

Post #5695955

Dinu - The only thing I've seen as a drawback is how Picasa occasionally misses photos in folders, even when I told it to watch them for new activity. If this happens, you can openTools > Folder Manager and make sure there is an icon of an eye next to the folders you want Picasa to watch for new photos. If Picasa's missing some photos, what fixed it for me was to manually click and "unwatch" the affected folders individually, then re-watch them. Picasa then picked up everything so I could see it.

ILadydragon - If you're using the latest version of Picasa 2, you should be able to click the "save changes" button and Picasa will save the changes you've made to pictures so the changes are visible outside of the program. If you want to resize the pictures down, you should still export them. Have you read their getting started guide at http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=93183 ? When you say you have trouble making sure you have your photos in the right folders, what do you mean, exactly? Do you mean when you import them from your camera's card, or when you export pictures from Picasa?

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 21, 2008
2:19 PM

Post #5698947

Thanks gw. I haven't had that problem at all ever since my first use 2 years ago. The saved pictures are found in the actual folder. I sometimes click the right button on the folder icon on Picasa that shows 'locate on disk'. Then I'll confirm the edited and changed versions are there. That is another method I guess. I don't see that 'eye icon' in my use. I haven't used the tools bar either. I did not know this till you told me now.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 21, 2008
6:14 PM

Post #5699909

If you normally keep your photos in either the My Pictures or My Documents folders (or in subfolders in either), Picasa would be watching those locations by default. :)
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 21, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5700138

I keep no personal photos in either default place but rather C:\photos, K:\photos, and L:\photos. I have set up Picasa to watch C:\photos and L:\photos. K and L back up C but also have archives of photos older than 2007. This way if I edit an older photo on L (or K) they get picked up by Picasa if and when I launch Picasa. (I have a batch file to xcopy new pictures from C to K and L, K to L, and L to K)
topcat322
Gretna, LA

November 6, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #5760468

After down loading your photos trying saving them to a specific file name. Also be aware there is also a picasa 3 out. Teresa

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America