Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum): "Boneset"

Communities > Forums > Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum)Replies: 1, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tufe
Newtonville, MA

September 20, 2008
3:19 AM

Post #5574759

I hate to sound negative, but a friend of mine gave me one a few years ago; I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of it. It's really not that cute in bloom and I'm pulling up seedlings all over my property. It seems that everywhere I turn there's a new one. I would never make this mistake again.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2008
11:16 AM

Post #5579512

I appreciate your honesty.
Yes there are cultivars of close relatives to Late-flowering boneset that are more showy, for example the Joe Pye Weeds. Another reader mentioned Chocolate which I think is a cultivar of Snakeroot. I would think they are all very attractive to insects, but I don't know if they reseed like this.
As far as reseeding, I rate Late-flowering Boneset not as my worst reseeder, but somewhere on the list, after morning glory, violets, Salvia coccinea, daisy fleabane, woodsorrel., rose campion, crabgrass...I still pull a lot more of those out of my flowerbeds than the LFB.
You may want to add a comment to Plantfiles about this plant. Thanks for reading and commenting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Using DG for a native plant ID: Late-flowering Boneset (Eupatorium serotinum) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Isn't DG great? KyWoods 2 Sep 14, 2008 4:53 AM
white and fuzzy gloriag 2 Sep 14, 2008 3:36 PM
It makes me wish I had one! BennysPlace 7 Sep 15, 2008 2:35 PM
YOU are becoming quite the Writer!!!!! Gitagal 8 Aug 27, 2012 5:19 AM
Thank you! flowerette 1 Sep 20, 2008 12:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America