Photo by Melody

Article: Crocus to Brighten the Spring Garden: making my list!

Communities > Forums > Article: Crocus to Brighten the Spring Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Crocus to Brighten the Spring GardenReplies: 2, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2008
11:58 AM

Post #5575453

What a beautiful way to begin the day! Thank you for touring me through some of your favorite crocuses.

C. sibieri seem to like my yard pretty well (I started with 'Tricolor' and added some 'Firefly' last year), so I'll be on the lookout for the stunning ‘Hubert Edelsten'. You don't mention purple cultivars of C. chyrsanthus, but I think I've got some from mixed lots... ? The early blooming crocus in the photo bloomed with other snow crocus varieties here. Do you recognize it, by chance?

I'm not sure I can ever have too many crocuses in my yard... they're so easy to plant by the handful, around and between everything else! Every year the display gets better. I can't even imagine your garden in spring. Wow! :-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2008
2:49 PM

Post #5576056

Your article timing couldn't be better!!! Thank you Todd, I'm working on planning my spring bulbs for Spring ahead. This is a wonderful tool I can apply now. Many others can benefit from your wonderful sharing of knowledge.
Kim
artemiss
Toledo, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2008
8:31 PM

Post #5577214

Great timing and wonderful article..I had just began to browse through and make my spring bulb lists, and it has been a great aid.

Thanks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Crocus to Brighten the Spring Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
As usual, if it's Todd Boland Leehallfae 0 Sep 22, 2008 4:09 PM
Crocus Growing Atmosphere asim_nawaz 1 Dec 5, 2008 10:58 AM
Organic Bulbs - greetings from Holland narmaj 0 Oct 5, 2013 1:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America