Vases and Containers

london England, United Kingdom

Show us your vases please!

This is a new ceramic vase given to me by my SIL, it's very heavy!

Thumbnail by terriculture

Christmas came early for me, I also got a straw basket.

AND an unusual container with a grid to hold flowers.

Saw this vase in a junk shop window, thought it was a bargain for 2.oo.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, nice additions to your collection! Where in the world do you store them all???? What's your total count?

Hi karma, Thanks. The new ones live on the kitchen window for a while then they all end up in my greenhouse. No idea how many containers I have, I just collect them!!!!
Have you got any to share????

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I really like the straw one, great colors and shall make for a very interesting arrangement I am sure.
I have found that now that I have met you almost everything I own can be converted to a vase!

That is so true Candee, anything goes!! It might take a while to work out the mechanics but I see potential in all sorts of things that may work as a container.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well, I did learn that from a pro ^_^

LoL!

I'm sure your house is full of wonderful stuff. Remember you found your Mums copper kettle? that was a great find for a cafe arrangement.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I gotta go and find more stuff I guess?

new dish, Angular!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Now wouldn't that look marvelous in the cafe??????? Somethin red to set it off and perhaps a bit of olive green - Sue would go berserk!!! That just reeks of Mod, mod, mod!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh oh.....alas and sigh, another vase collector, I am sooo jealous Terriculture!

I have a few McCoys that I cheerish!

I'd love to see your McCoys!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Guess I will have to start snapping! Pics that is! I love these! Anything McCoy and I am drooling for it! Seems some vases of mine are in storage so it will be a tad before I can show them off, but will get to them as I can!

This one here, its not exactly a vase..but it is a McCoy! This is a McCoy saucer pot. One peice...nice for putting those potted african violets in!! Complete with a drainage hole! One of the briter colors McCoys come in!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

And here is one of my Redwing Pottery vases. Love this one for its rich color!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I really like that redwing, very rich looking.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Here are a few of my pink (pank) little guys...

... a little 3D butterfly bud vase....
a little one with the legs (great for voilets and lily of the valleys!)
and the pink (pank) saucerpot.. that one is a not a McCoy, but a USA.

(Peggy if you are on this thread...see what you started with with saying PANK! LOL!)

Hi bb, Love the PANK one with the legs! that would make a great easter egg arrangement.
Thanks for joining this thread, nice to see what others use for containers !

I'll take some pictures of my new containers when I get a chance! they are still under the Christmas tree . LoL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

haighr, thanks! That Redwing was my Moms, so its an heirloom as well.

Here's a couple of my spring vases. I love putting my daffs in these! Isn't that spiral thing wild! LOL! I paid $.05 at a garage sale for that silly thing!

Do get snapping terriculture! We are all drooling for more!

Love that spiral thing, it's fun! Can't wait to see all your vases filled with flowers one day!
Where are you zone 5a? where's that? Any flowers in your garden?

I'm doing the photo's soon, lol.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No, no flowers here the gardens in the central USA! How about you? Right about this time of year we usually suffer snow on the ground, but seems global warming is in our favour this winter. All the recent snow and ice has disappeared, but we are doomed for more I am sure! Every thing in the garden is brown and dismal.

I thought you would be tickled with that spiral thing! You seem to have a flare for the unique! I am pretty sure it is blown glass...kind of looks like a test tube that went awry! I can only get a single bud in it. Another treasure found at a garage sale for five cents!

My actual fav of that group is the white crackle bud vase in the back. Followed by that green vase. I get the most use out of those two come daffodil time! Daffs in the spring just something I adore! ANd at daff time, I alwasy end up breaking out theemason jars because I become very short on vases!

I absolutely love your half and half vase on the other thread! That is so gloriously unusual! I am into earthy colors.

Im still digging for the mcCoys....seems that has got me behind in putting Christmas away so ya'll are going to have to bare with me! I have a lovely frog by McCoy! It has got to be my absolute most favored of the Macs! And I ran into my bridal treasures and well, you have seen one thing leading to another around here!

So whats your next treasure??

I was thinking, could you get a freesia bulb in there? fill the bottom bit with stones, watch the bulb grow in the spiral thing!

BUD vases!! everyone laughed at me when I didn't know what a bud vase was when I first started posting LOL.
Oh yes my half an half vase, that one is very tall, so I need long stems for that. Glad you like it, Thanks for reminding me I have it!!!

There's not much going on in my garden, greenery and a few chinese lanterns still hangin' on.
Snowdrops are usually the first to flower here, around the end of the month.

I like teapots!! although I don't drink tea, but they make good vases for our cafe'. Got any teapots??
This one has it's own cup underneath.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Don't know, never tried a freesia bulb!! Be my luck it would
get stuck in there never to be able to be used for anything again!! That twisty tube is only about 8 inches tall!! LOL! Puny guy isn't it!

Awwwww no, no teapots. And Yes, they sure would make for great cute containers.

I can picture yellow daffs in your beauty now! hmmm!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, still no McCoys..hmmmmm

I'm looking, I am looking!! They are here someplace!!

Found these three little ones though....

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! Closest thing to a tea pot I have... is this old iris pitcher....it's and olddie, rugged and with a few chips, but still holds water and my iris! Think that was his grandmas...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

a few more little guys....

Very nice! like the blue fan shape one and the brown glass one in the last pic especially.
Love jugs, yours is a good size chunky one!
Found this little brass one at a junk shop.

New Bird cage container!

Magic Vase!

Filled with water........

New bath, it had bubble bath and stuff in it.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww jeez, I did it again.. well here is same pic right -side eup...least as I hope!

Hey now did I not see someone in that bathtub? Why sure it was just yesterday there was something, ah yes, it was a bear!

That "magic" vase sure is unique terri!

Oh oh.. just found some more bud vases...I think we are getting warm, those McCoys are not to far behind...next time, I really must label these boxes inthe fall for packing them up again.....

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I have this old pitcher I use for flowers. It has a mark, but I can't read it. It's made to look like a pineapple. It's 10" tall and heavy. It's another resale shop find. Alstroemeria look nice in it.

Thumbnail by pastime
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Pastime, that is lovely!!

Thanks Blossom, they were Christmas presents from my daughters. Good luck with the vase hunt!

Pastime, Thanks for joining in with your gorgeous pitcher, I love anything pineapple!!

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's another of my little-used vases. It's very small, 6", and doesn't hold much water. It's metal with silver plate. My boss gave it to me when she was clearing out her family's house many years ago. Her FIL was a two-time nobel prize winner, so it has a little provenance. I hope it doesn't loose anymore of it's silver plating.

Thumbnail by pastime

Oh lovely! can imagine a romantic minature arrangement in that! Thanks Pastime, I'm enjoying your collection.

Blossom, did you say you found some more bud vases?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes I did! I am in the kitchen washing them though..

Pastime, that is lovely! I like the sweeping nature of that silver vase of yours!

Baaaack later....scrubbing bubbles....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.