Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Carolina Gardening: Charleston Horticultural Society Tour

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 9, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2008
2:55 PM

Post #5584612

The Charleston Horticultural Society is holding their Fall Garden Tour on Sunday, October 5th. The theme is "Gardens for Gardeners", the time is 12 -4 pm, and it is held rain or shine. There will be a reception in a private garden following the tour. CHS members $25, non members $45.

This years self-guided walking and driving tour will be private gardens in the West Ashley and James Island area.

For ticket information call: 843 579 9922 This is usually a great tour.

Are you working this year Stono?
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

September 23, 2008
11:10 PM

Post #5590704

Of course (like I have a choice?). Looks like a really good one this fall, and they've allowed time for the docents to actually visit the gardens this time, so I'm a happy camper. Have you had a chance to see the results of the Windemere Beautification Project? Came out gorgeous!
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5590892

I've always thought the best gardens on the past tours were the W. Ashley/JI ones so I am excited about this tour too.

And yes, I have seen the Windermere Project (I always hit Earth Fare when I get to the big city) and it does look wonderful. I just wish I lived closer so I could attend more of the CHS programs.
HostaLily
Florence, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 24, 2008
2:00 AM

Post #5591495

Oh great! We are coming to Charleston for parent's weekend at the College of Charleston for our son. Now I have somewhere to go on Sunday. LOL
HostaLily
Florence, SC
(Zone 8a)

September 24, 2008
2:01 AM

Post #5591496

Oh great! We are coming to Charleston for parent's weekend at the College of Charleston for our son. Now I have somewhere to go on Sunday. LOL
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

September 24, 2008
2:40 AM

Post #5591677

I haven't gotten my assignment yet, Hosta Lily, so I have no idea which garden I'll be assigned, but I'd love to meet another Dave's Gardener in person! My name tag (they make us wear them) will say Jim Midgley...If you spot the name tag, PLEASE introduce yourself! I've only met 2 DG'rs in person since I've been on this board (both really great people!)...It's always nice to have a face to associate with a name...
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2008
9:41 AM

Post #5592240

I am sure our paths have crossed - but not by name. I'll be on the lookout that Sunday.
bordersandjacks
Seabrook, SC
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2008
10:15 AM

Post #5592271

I just joined the Charleston Hort Society, I got the nicest phone call from them welcoming me to the group. Unfortunately, I'm out of town that weekend. :(

Jenny
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

July 1, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9189293

I am sure our paths have crossed, Ardesia---almost impossible NOT to have!... So when we finally meet I'm sure the thing will go something like "yikes!, You're Ardesia? I know you...
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9189544

LOL, one of these days...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America